Concerning Shards (FAO: Shard Holders v2.0)

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Dabria
Social Leech

Concerning Shards (FAO: Shard Holders v2.0)

Postby Dabria » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:35 pm

After further discussion with MDV, it has been requested that, myself, Brisingr Blaze, and Falx Monde meet with shard-holders that are unused to harnessing their innate powers (i.e: warriors and rogues), in order to assist them to safely do so, due to the fact that all three of us have been used as "subjects" for test runs, so have first-hand experience of such power's effects.

The three of us have since met up and it has been agreed that, given the possibility for real risks and dangers (my account of the "test run" is available, if anyone wishes to read it) is present, it would be safest for all to proceed as follows:

1. For the present shard-holders only to meet with one of us for a run through of how to safely harness the energy in each shard.
2. In the New Cycle we will be offering a demonstration to all to see exactly what a shard can do. Then, if anyone has any questions or feels they would be fine with being a "stand in" shard-holder, they can sign up on the parchment that will be posted after the demonstration and we will meet with them further for their own instruction. Details on this will be posted in the very near future.

We want to explain to everyone what is going on, and for everyone to be in the picture. However, given that this involves with Arcane powers hitherto unknown or unyielded before, we must put safety first. The intention is not to make anyone feel excluded by proceeding in this manner. It is to keep everyone safe.

So, having said all this, I really hope you understand, and I really hope this meets with everyone's approval. So with that being said, a little housekeeping.

The current shard-holders are as follows:
1. Dimitri Petrov (Blue)
2. Dabria Kamali (Red)
3. Topaz (Silver)
4. Pallas (Green)
5. Lyrkali (Purple)
6. Zanaan (Carbon)
7. Frohste (Orange)

Please let us know if any of this information is incorrect. We are working under the assumption that Enchanters will be used to the sensations of intense concentration of the Arcane, as will clerics who have powers of their own; but if any would like a run through with a partner, then as usual, one of us will be more than happy to do so. Please just find one of us and ask!

For now, we would like to arrange to meet with the following, please:
1. Brisingr with Topax
2. Falx with Lyrkali
3. Dabria with Pallas and Zanaan.
These meetings should last no longer than six marcs, at the most.

As always, if anyone has any questions on this topic, feel free to contact one of us, and we will do our best to answer them.

Respectfully
D. Kamali
(P.P:Falx Monde)

((OOC: Characters have been grouped to try best to fit in with RL/Time Zones availability. Once Christmas is over with, there will be an "open demonstration" with a "Q&A" opportunity arranged in game. Nothing will take place in game over Christmas week for, I hope, obvious reasons!))
Last edited by Dabria on Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Re: Concerning Shards (FAO: Shard Holders v2.0)

Postby Viviyana » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:31 pm

What a well thought out and clever compromise, thanks again for the extra effort to make it work for others :)

Dabria
Social Leech

Re: Concerning Shards (FAO: Shard Holders v2.0)

Postby Dabria » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:08 pm

Just a quick update to keep you all in the loop, as people have been asking. There is no further word as yet from Ryndall. The boys and I are in contact with shard holders and preparations to meet with them and put them through their paces, for want of a better phrase, is currently underway.
By the end of Winter's Warming, at the latest, there will be the promised demonstration with a chance for questions, which will we answer to the best our our collective abilities, at the end.

Respectfully
Dabria
(p.p: Bris, Falx)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”