FAO: Shard-Holders (Operation - Repair Nexus!)

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Dabria
Social Leech

FAO: Shard-Holders (Operation - Repair Nexus!)

Postby Dabria » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:57 pm

Modus Disciplina has asked me to arrange sessions in order to prepare shard- holders for the ritual to come, regarding the repairing of Nexus. This is due to the fact that quite a few are not of our profession, and the concentration required will need to be unbroken, whatever may transpire come the marc. As stated by Modus Disciplina many time, this ritual will not be without (potentially) very real risks, and very real dangers.

If you could please let me know your availability so I can determine how to plan these sessions out, I would be most grateful. I would also kindly request that, given the nature of the session, only those who need to be in attendance, attend. (We just don't know what will happen and it is vital that this is done correct and safely, as I am sure you can all appreciate and understand. I will, however, be inviting a member of the Order who is not a shard-holder, just in case of any potential happenings. This is merely as a precaution on my part, as such efforts can be exhausting, especially if not used to wielding such powers, so we want someone fresh to act as a meat shield ... er ... who will be on the alert!)

Signed
D. Kamali

((OOC: I just need days and times that work for you all at the moment, please, so I can work out days & times that will accommodate folk. If this event needs to happen more than once, it will do so. Thanks!))
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Scribbler
New Adventurer

Re: FAO: Shard-Holders (Operation - Repair Nexus!)

Postby Scribbler » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:31 pm

Hello,

I have flexible availability, but considering the requirements of this quest, I do not believe myself to be a suitable candidate for a conduit. I don't have strong emotion connections to the proposed sites.

As much as I really want to be witness to this historic event, it would be best if someone with the right resonance takes the purple shard. Once the site is chosen, I will turn the purple crystal over to a suitable person and return to a life of training, farming, training, ale. If the shard is required sooner, just let me know.

Lyrkali

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:56 pm

Scribbler wrote:Hello,

I have flexible availability, but considering the requirements of this quest, I do not believe myself to be a suitable candidate for a conduit. I don't have strong emotion connections to the proposed sites.

As much as I really want to be witness to this historic event, it would be best if someone with the right resonance takes the purple shard. Once the site is chosen, I will turn the purple crystal over to a suitable person and return to a life of training, farming, training, ale. If the shard is required sooner, just let me know.

Lyrkali

I shall be opening a poll in the near turns so that we can officially decide on a location. There are several schools of thought on that matter as you know, so it would be nice, and helpful to the Modus no doubt, to have it decided once and for all. If you would like to pass the shard on sooner, then I am more than happy to hold it for you until a conduit is decided. It is a shame that you feel you will not be suitable, and do hope that you may reconsider. However a shard holder and a conduit are two different things. Shard holders just need to be able to concentrate on their shard no matter what. It is the conduits that need the strong memory. I do hope you will reconsider.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:20 pm

In the next several turns, I am available any evening except Thursday.

What will happen in these "sessions?" And how long would they take?

Topaz

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:30 pm

Topaz wrote:In the next several turns, I am available any evening except Thursday.

What will happen in these "sessions?" And how long would they take?

Topaz

Thank you, Topaz. I have been asked by the Modus to ensure that all shard holders are able to handle the effects of, for want of a better phrase "shard-gazing". Focus must be intense and not broken no matter what goes on around them. As this is something we Enchanters are used to, for all professions have their own unique abilities. (I could never do what warriors do, for instance.) It is a chance to ensure all are prepared for what is to come, and that if anyone has a change of heart due to the effects of bearing the shard, there is time to find replacements.

((OOC: I won't make them too long. An hour tops per session. Dabria will explain it all at the session (I didn't know what other word to use, "lesson" sounded wrong somehow!).))
Last edited by Dabria on Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Richard~

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:39 pm

(( ooc I'd call it a Mental workout. Lol))
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:27 am

Dabria wrote: I would also kindly request that, given the nature of the session, only those who need to be in attendance, attend. (We just don't know what will happen and it is vital that this is done correct and safely, as I am sure you can all appreciate and understand. I will, however, be inviting a member of the Order who is not a shard-holder, just in case of any potential happenings

I do not know how you would define "only those who need to be in attendance", but does it not make more sense to have all adventurers train in the concentration needed should a last minute replacement be necessary?

Scribbler
New Adventurer

Postby Scribbler » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:48 pm

It makes sense to do as Iron Protector Viviyana suggests.

Also, this is hopefully only the first of many portal mending/building works. We don't know the personal repercussions for those who are used as shard-holders or conduits, so it's possible that they might not be suitable for a second, third, fourth round, and if we already have some redundancy in the ranks of trained concentrators/meditators, we can expedite the achievement of our goals.

Why not have interested parties also learn this skill? If it's a matter of the sheer number of people to be trained becoming overwhelming, perhaps just rotate one or two into each session?

As a final consideration, this is a long-awaited and incredibly historic event, and those interested should not be excluded simply due to the vagaries of that fickle mistress fate. Valorn's strength has always been in inclusion. Should that quality falter, our world will be more imperiled than ever before.

Lyrkali

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:36 pm

After speaking with MDV regarding this subject, permission has been granted to change the parameters for this event. I shall post details in a separate notice explaining the changes in a separate bulletin.
~Richard~

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:02 pm

Imagine how much further along this would all be if people just stopped being mad at everything and tried to support each other...such pretty thoughts. Sadly not reality. If this is one small group of people, and we need more...then maybe it gets done again with new people? Maybe those people get their 5 marcs of something being just for them? I see all the sides here but I think it's ridiculous to keep dancing around the same argument instead of just letting things go they way they go and see where it goes from there. We're not kids, we can let people do a thing and do it one way and not agree with it, but not have to yell about how wrong they are. It's no wonder people don't want to be in charge of trying to do something, and why nothing gets done.

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:48 pm

Best time for me would be any evening between 10pm and midnight GMT. (5pm - 7pm EST)

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:33 am

Dabria wrote:After speaking with MDV regarding this subject, permission has been granted to change the parameters for this event. I shall post details in a separate notice explaining the changes in a separate bulletin.

Thank you for going to the extra effort to make it so others can join!

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:35 am

Viviyana wrote:
Dabria wrote:After speaking with MDV regarding this subject, permission has been granted to change the parameters for this event. I shall post details in a separate notice explaining the changes in a separate bulletin.

Thank you for going to the extra effort to make it so others can join!

I will post details further.
((OOC: Hell of a Monday. Just need a day to get head sorted etc!))
~Richard~

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Please see here for changes and further details, regarding this event.

Thank you for your patience.

D. Kamali
~Richard~

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”