Repairing the Nexus - Brainstorming

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Turcko
Veteran

Repairing the Nexus - Brainstorming

Postby Turcko » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:04 pm

Dear adventurers!

The Council of Ryndall may have found a spell to fix the broken pillars within the enchanter Nexus. However, the spell requires the essence of god-touched items from all of the seven streams, which is not something one finds commonly lying around.

I invite those interested to a gathering at the Dundee Inn with suggestions of items that could be used to power the shards for each stream, as well as reviewing what each stream embodies and which Rifterians have taken their mantles over the years.

Where: Dundee Inn
When: Wednesday 23rd of November 5pm EST, 10pm UK time
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Zelele
Adventurer

Re: Repairing the Nexus - Brainstorming

Postby Zelele » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:36 am

Zelele will come, bringing samples of drinks touched by Gods. Can sip before using. Also music if want break. Am so glad is happening.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:53 am

A big thank you to all those that dropped by or stayed for the whole thing!

One big decision taken was that fixing Branishor's pillar should be our first goal, given the possibly limited supply of god-touched items.
It was also suggested to reach out to Branishor for any god-touched items they may have in their vaults.

As for candidates to be tested by Valyna when she meets us next, the current list is as follows:

CONFIRMED VIABLE
RED
(medium) Lucent Comet Glass (offered so far: Draekyn 1, Nuxius 1, Topaz 1, Turiel 1, Will Shadowfoot 2) - red
(very strong) Coruscating Stone (offered so far: Brisingr 1, Pallas 1, Dimitri 1) - silver, red, blue, purple, orange and green .
(medium) Lavender's brooch - red, green, purple.
(blue medium, others weak) Zelele's Starsong Pearlescent lightning canister - silver, red, green, orange, blue (stronger), purple

BLUE
(strong) Falx's Helmet of Revelry - blue.
(very strong) Coruscating Stone (offered so far: Brisingr 1, Pallas 1, Dimitri 1) - silver, red, blue, purple, orange and green
(weak) Aphotic Reliquary (offered so far: Simon 1, Lyrkali 1, Tess Weaver 1) - blue
(blue medium, others weak) Zelele's Starsong Pearlescent lightning canister - silver, red, green, orange, blue (stronger), purple
(weak) Destiny Stones - blue, green

PURPLE
(very strong) Coruscating Stone (offered so far: Brisingr 1, Pallas 1, Dimitri 1) - silver, red, blue, purple, orange and green
(strong) Rhalia's shield - purple
(strong) Cody's and Rhalia's Blessed Ring - purple
(weak) Eldritch Shroud - purple

GREEN
(weak) Falx's Xia's Contest Clue #1 - green
(weak) Destiny Stones - blue, green

ORANGE
(medium) Glowing Orange Shard (offered so far: Bebhinn 1, Dabria 1) - orange

SILVER
(very strong) Coruscating Stone (offered so far:Brisingr 1, Pallas 1, Dimitri 1) -silver, red, blue, purple, orange and green

CARBON
(weak) Doorway Fragment (offered so far: Brisingr, Dabria, Falx, Ivan, Topaz) - carbon

CONFIRMED NOT VIABLE
Majistra Mojito
Old Invasion Ingot
Golden Age Journal
Stone of Darkness
Black Orchids
Fireworks

TO CONFIRM

RED

BLUE
Various Thunderbolt stones
Lightning Canisters

PURPLE
Ivan's Warbringer Battle Robes of Kane (warrior)
Turcko's Golden Ring of Levity
Zarock's Onion

GREEN

ORANGE
Zanaan's earring

SILVER
Assorted Ben gifts (need specific examples, let me know if you have one and are willing to offer it)

CARBON
Assorted Cory gifts (namely ale hats, let me know if you have one and are willing to offer it)
Zanaan's timepiece

UNKNOWN
En'sate Bloom (various sources, let me know if you have one and are willing to offer it)
Last edited by Turcko on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Zelele
Adventurer

Postby Zelele » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:36 pm

*carefully* Is much thanks to Turcko for taking notes, doubly since was Thanksgiving Eve and others could not.

However, are some concerns:

Was not agreement Falx should speak for all adventurers, all enchanters. Does not speak for High Lady Zelele, Enchanter.

Turcko has given credit to Falx for ideas had by others; doubly unfortunate if one person can only offer so many.

Several ideas were omitted: 

Fireworks (red; first ones needed Miranda to spark them. Topaz)

Ultimate Weapon (Argent for Light: red for courage. Topaz )

Kane's Brain Gooey Candy (purple, drops on Pirate Ship)

Warbringer Robes of Kane (purple; sign of devotion)

En'sate flower (sown by gods; several possible colors)

Aphotic Reliquary (carbon)

Essence of Demon magma ( unlikely, but perhaps worth trying)
Eldritch Shroud (purple)

Various foods and drinks associated with gods, such as Viscontessa Vesper and Steak Miranda (festival items: drinks more likely)

And many unique items have been renamed or altered by gods: mostly things like Zanaan's, which would not be given up .

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 am

1. An Ultimate Weapon is not God touched.
2. Neither are fireworks. They are only "God touched" when lit (as you did correctly state, Miranda is usually the one to light them).
3. Items renamed are not the same as being God touched. (For instance, one of my guildkin has a renamed Ultimate Weapon, however when it is reforged the name reverts back to "Ultimate Weapon of ...) and they have to petition admin for the name once more. I also have robes that were gifted to me by a God, however these are not God touched. Just an unique item.

As for accusing Falx of not speaking for you, I,( Lady) Dabria Kamali (the Forthright), was unable to attend the meeting. That said, I am not about to disagree with a letter written on behalf of all people of my profession, especially when Falx and others, have taken the time, again and again, out of their lives to try and find a resolution to the current plight of Nexus. Neither did Turcko claim sole credit on behalf of Falx for anything, I am sure glad that Falx got the ball rolling though.

No-one speaks for me either, that said, was this not what we enchanters wanted for cycles now - a bit of movement towards a resolution? If you agree with that statement, then I fail to see what your issue is, or why you felt the need to call someone out for doing a good turn.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:16 am

Zelele wrote:*carefully* Is much thanks to Turcko for taking notes, doubly since was Thanksgiving Eve and others could not.

I only have 1 forum account for my 4 "main" characters. While the forum name reads "Turcko" this was posted as coming from "Falx". Apologies for that confusion

Zelele wrote:Was not agreement Falx should speak for all adventurers, all enchanters. Does not speak for High Lady Zelele, Enchanter.

I absolutely dread arranging events, being in the spotlight, and scheduling things. Because my RL often springs surprises on me, and then I fail everyone that planned to be there, and that eats at me.
We were given 1 week to come up with items to be tested for suitability. I wanted to get things moving. If someone else wishes to take over, I'll gladly step down from scheduling things.
I mostly want to see the Nexus fixed.

Zelele wrote:Turcko has given credit to Falx for ideas had by others; doubly unfortunate if one person can only offer so many.

Aside from the forum name thingy already explained, I don't think I credited ideas to any one. I just posted a list of possible candidates and who their current owners are. This list is not a closed thing, I'll edit it as we get new ideas, or have items tested by Modus Disciplina Valyna and deemed unsuited for the spell (or confirmed). It was intended to be a centralized source of information.

Zelele wrote:Several ideas were omitted: 
Fireworks (red; first ones needed Miranda to spark them. Topaz)
Ultimate Weapon (Argent for Light: red for courage. Topaz )
Kane's Brain Gooey Candy (purple, drops on Pirate Ship)
Warbringer Robes of Kane (purple; sign of devotion)
En'sate flower (sown by gods; several possible colors)
Aphotic Reliquary (carbon)
Essence of Demon magma ( unlikely, but perhaps worth trying)
Eldritch Shroud (purple)
Various foods and drinks associated with gods, such as Viscontessa Vesper and Steak Miranda (festival items: drinks more likely)

Yes. They were. Like was mentioned during the meeting, God-named is not God-touched. Modus Disciplina Valyna claimed to not have the time to explain to us on our first meeting what type of items were right, but when questioned about a God given item (Falx's helmet, from Zeric) said it seemed to be on the right track.
Of that whole list, I'm fine with adding the En'sate flower, which seem to actually have come from a God. Any robe of Kane you are willing to have tested (please let me know which character is offering it. I'm putting Ivan's on the table, for example). I will also add the Aphotic Reliquary, but in the unknown tab rather than carbon, unless you are certain it was handed out by Cory, which is the only known God of the carbon stream.
Feel free to bring all other items you mentioned to be tested by Modus Disciplina Valyna, it's a free world after all. And if they are indeed suitable for the spell, I'll gladly add them here with a CONFIRMED tag, which is what I was planning on doing for all tested items after next Sunday

Zelele wrote:And many unique items have been renamed or altered by gods: mostly things like Zanaan's, which would not be given up .

The ones altered and especially the ones given by the Gods are exactly the ones we are currently led to believe will be required for the spell. It's up to their owners to offer the power of these items for the spell, or not.
Someone not willing to give up the power of their God given items for a spell is completely reasonable. Bifrost has claimed to be unwilling to offer the gnome dancing slippers. Zanaan has not yet (to my knowledge) confirmed nor denied that we can use his timepiece. I just left it there because I can't think of any other amazing candidate for carbon power. However, if Zanaan says it's a no go, I'll remove it from the list. I have approached people with suitable items for which we have plenty other candidates (Kailani's purple) and they said that they would think about offering their items for testing if we really needed them, but not for now. Those are also off the list.

TL;DR
I have 1 forum account representing 4 characters. It's a pain in the rear, I know.
Someone wants to step up and organize Nexus related events, please do.
The list is not closed, stuff can be added and removed from it at any time. I will strive to keep it free of assumptions regarding streams. That is why there's an unknown section.
The names on the list are not idea credits, they are for each item and who is willing to offer it. Please let me know of anyone missing from the list.
God-named is not the same as God-touched. For this spell we are led to believe to be looking for God-touched.
If someone has a God-touched item that they don't want to risk, that's totally fine. If said item is on the list and you don't want it to be, please let me know.

Zelele
Adventurer

Postby Zelele » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:31 pm

Is much thanks, Turcko. Have clarified much.

We agree that the chief things involved are fixing the Nexus. Was not at all clear that your list is of things that may be disposed of if they pass the tests, but most things Zelele mentioned are, and I and my apprentice have them with me.

I hope Valyna will run the meeting; will do it better than either of us.

As for Dabria's opinions: they are noted and logged.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:09 pm

List updated in light of this turn's meeting.
Next meeting time to be decided after everyone has had a chance to talk about what was discovered and can agree on a date.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:33 pm

I added specific names of who is offering what.
The list is certainly incomplete. If your name is there but you are NOT offering a specific item for the spell, let me know.
If you have one of the list items and are willing to offer it for the spell but your name is NOT listed, let me know too.
Specially looking for more of the already confirmed items:
- Aphotic Reliquary
- Coruscating Stones
- Doorway Fragment
- Glowing Orange Shard
- Lucent Comet Glass

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:20 pm

After a chance meeting with Valyna last turn, we were led to believe that items with a seemingly weak link to a stream would be too much of a hassle to draw from, and could even have their little power dissipate from the transfer alone.

Going back to the logs of the meetings so far, I assigned a tag of "weak", "medium", "strong", "very strong" to each confirmed item, based on the crystal's reaction. This is my personal interpretation, and I welcome any corrections someone may suggest :)

As a side note, Valyna mentioned that two of a similar item may not have the same power within. So we have no guarantee that all coruscating stones, or doorway fragments, or lucent glass shards (and whatever else is not unique) will behave the same until drawn from.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:56 pm

I want to thank Turko/Falx for his keeping notes, it helps to see what was already offered to know what one might try in the future. I for one have no trouble with you speaking here for me. Because you technically didn't, you just let us know what you thought we needed to know and I agree with your list. If I think of anything to add I will let you know.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Scribbler
New Adventurer

Postby Scribbler » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:53 pm

**posted in Dundee, Milltown, Branishor on varied scraps of parchment, and penned by same hand**

Summary of Power Crystal Charging, 12th Turn of Frosfall

Adventurers gathered in Ryndall meeting room. After a brief accounting of how many coruscating stones were in attendance and who carried them, Valyna requested that interest parties follow her north. The room there had circles etched into the floor and an arcane tripod with a gripping mechanism for securing items.

For each ritual, the Modus Disciplina Valyna placed one clear crystal into the mechanism, used one godtouched item at a time, but read from a singular scroll an enchantment to siphon a color from the source object into the crystal. The source objects, after serving their purpose, were taken back by those who provided them. In the case of the coruscating stones, they were noticably lighter, though still heavy. For the timepiece, the loud ticking was lost.

The result of each ritual was a crystal infused with color and power. The Modus stated that she could hold onto the crystals or someone else could, but it might be best to keep them all together. Dabria Kamali was selected to bear the infused crystals, and accepted blue, orange, and red into her keeping before their combined energies created a tugging force about her person which began to pull every person and unsecured item in the room towards her.

She quickly returned the crystals to those who provided the source objects. This was sufficient to stop the tugging force, and the silver extraction took place, though this ritual seemed a struggle and strained the Modus in a way the other colors had not. The ritual for the green crystal went much as those for the first three colors.

Then a coruscating stone smashed through the ceiling and killed Lyrkali, but got stuck in her pack. Once revived at a life monument, the cleric returned and offered the stone to the ritual.

Finally, Zanaan turned over a ticking timepiece infused with carbon light. While reading the scroll, Modus varied the pace for this object, but still, the ritual took longer and seemed more perilous than the previous ones. She broke off the ritual forcibly, and was evidently much drained and wearied. Some of those gathered offered fortification by way of food and drink, which she accepted.

Before departing, Modus Disciplina Valyna spoke of the next step. A portal stone to repair needed to be chosen, and human conduits were required who had a strong connection to the portal stone's destination. If those selected to be conduits were not enchanters, the Archmage would "allow an entrance into the Nexus as he has done in the past."

CURRENT CRYSTAL-BEARERS
Dimitri Petrov - coruscating stone - blue, lightning tang of energy
Frohste - coruscating stone - orange, taste of metal and scroll-crackle sound **an arrow pointing to word Raffe**
Brisingr - coruscating stone - red, hearth warmth and scent of roses
Topaz - coruscating stone - silver, sting of salt and ice cracking
Pallas - coruscating stone - green, scent of forest, a rooted weightiness
Lyrkali - coruscating stone - purple, tendrils of twilight, bell-song memory
Zanaan - timepiece - carbon, spiked, stone-breaking

PROSPECTIVE PORTAL STONES
Dundee
Milltown
Branishor
**a word sloppily scratched out but still recognizable as Fartown**

The Hollows

QUESTIONS:

The writer doesn't remember them.

Please feel free to correct or supplement the information here.
Last edited by Scribbler on Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:13 am

Thank you for the account of the event, detailed where it needs to be, and pragmatic where it doesn't :D
Just a tiny correction: Fartown's pillar is not cracked. The cracked ones are Dundee, Milltown and Branishor.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:36 pm

As a side note, Frohste has temporarily had to travel. So, for the time being, Raffe is in possession of her shard to ensure safe-keeping, at Frohste's request.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:52 pm

(Amended)
I gave it to Dabria to hold for Frohste.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:21 pm

Blythe wrote:(Amended)
I gave it to Dabria to hold for Frohste.

I have wrote to Frohste to keep her informed of its whereabouts. She will get the shard back once she returns from her travels.
~Richard~

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”