A Catch-up Meeting

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

A Catch-up Meeting

Postby Bifrost Janger » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:53 pm

I don't know about all of you, but I've forgotten where we were!

Come and join us in remembering; and maybe in hashing out something new.

Bring your ideas, schemes, suggestions and other such!

When? Where?!
Saturday 10th September
6pm EST
11pm BST
OOC Dundee Inn backroom
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: A Catch-up Meeting

Postby Kailani of Admin » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:15 pm

We are looking forward to having a chat with y'all.

K.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:13 pm

I am very sorry, but due to limited internet access on weekends I will not be able to attend.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:23 am

A summary of what was talked about:

TL;DR version, no particular order
Archiater Jago's (pronnounced YAY-GO) name is inspired by physicians or a usurper. There's a real person behind him (not another Drakon).
Zeric is not retired.
Jago is a Hufflepuff, tardigrade patronus.
Kailani is aligned with House Targaryen, Miranda and Jago got the Starks.
Avery the Green Grocer is a 'She'. Also most OP NPC on the lands.
Non-binary options or hide options for adventurer gender are on the to-do list.
Lowshine story is complete. Lowshine available in Dundee and Caernivale.
Abayde story is complete. Shamson's supposed investigation into what happened is done, and was just a political save face.
To help new/returning players catch up, everyone is free to submit tomes with a summary of past events. Send them to Miranda for appraisal.
The Council of Ryndal seems to have found a breakthrough regarding the Nexus. They have yet to share it.
Stuff to come soon includes Fall Fest, Winters Warming and Scootertide.
Main storylines to advance next: ABV, Ethucan and Altitan. Not necessarily in that order.
Companion pets are quite low on the to-do list. Other 'secret' stuff is first on Jago's plate.
Major celebration stuff coming for the 20th anniversary, on June 15th 2023.
Some admin had rough/busy periods in the past months. All seem to be doing well and prosperous now.
No comments on the current lack of Weapon Primitives and Treasure Boxes odds. Brisingr to send some logs to Miranda.
No comments on the Night Feeder threat.
No comments on the centaur threat (events around Edward Vashmura).
No direct reply to the query: approximate time frame for next story advances.

Fleshed out version

Archiater meaning and YAY-GO
Lowrenzo says "archiator means ye is a physician o' some or anuther. what that got to do with beardiness with green things?"
Archiater Jago of Admin says "I'm the server's physician."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Archiater also means usurper in other interpetations."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "And his name is pronounced YAY-GO"
Lowrenzo says "is the archiater actually a different person or do you and M play him?"
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Gods, while they are characters for game purpsoes, dont swap out. They are always an individual member of the admin team."

Did Zeric retire?
Lowrenzo says "did ridder zeric retire?"
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "No."

Hogwarts and Game of Thrones
Lord Bifrost Janger says "Jago, what's your hogwarts house?"
Archiater Jago of Admin says "Anyways, I'm a potato" (Hufflepuff)
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Jago's patronus is a Tardigrade ;)"
Lord Pallas the Perceptive laughs 'As an alternative - what family in Game of Thrones do you think you'd belong to, or feel an affinity with?'
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Targarian."
Archiater Jago of Admin says "House Stark it would seem"
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "Also apparently House Stark."

Avery the Green Grocer
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "You don't want to fight Avery. Arguably the strongest character in the Dark Grimoire universe. Apart from us of course."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "Avery is a she, btw. Her description has occasionally made that clear but I'm not sure if it currently does. We have a few NPCs who "mysteriously" change gender depending on whether admins have communicated badly beforehand too. But I'm sure she's a she."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "And as well as eating her vegetables, Avery has a long history of fighting mushroom parasites, so her level of combat experience is actually off the charts."

Gender Options for Adventurers
Iron Protector Doyle the Holy Warrior says "Oh that reminds me Zeric. I've been thinking about posting this in suggestions but before I forget... would it be possible to either remove gender from the character screen or add a non-binary option? some players new or old might appreciate that as an option"
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "Non-binary gender is definitely something we've discussed before. I can't remember where we left it last, I'll bring it up again in an admin discussion soon."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "It might already be on a long to-do list we just haven't got to, or it might've fallen down the back of a metaphorical couch and we forgot. Either way, sorry."

Past/Present/Future Storylines
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "The shine story line, as far as making it, is laid to completed. Yes."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Lowshine is now for sale in Dundee and Caernivale. It was a lot of fun RPing all of that with you all."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "RE Abayde. Abayde's dead. And Shamson's never done anything evil! Bureaucratic, bordering on negligent maybe. But it's hard being High Cleric, I imagine."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "There's no further Abayde storyline in the works. Shamson may mention him in future during meetings or discussions, but there's no meat on those bones."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "Basically the Council will have investigated themselves, and found themselves innocent. You know. Government stuff. :)"
Alfred Elpin says "can players submit writeups to be published as "tomes" in the castle or the temple so new players can read the histories and know what all this is about?"
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "Feel free to send tomes my way."
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "Regarding the nexus, I did hear that the Council of Ryndall might have had some kind of recent break through in their investigations. But you know what they're like."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Someone asked what is next on the agenda."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "We do have dates for Fall Festival to announce soon. Then Winter's Warming after that."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Is there any interest in doing another Scootertide? That was pretty amusing."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "So ABV, Ethucan and Altitan. Not necessarily in that order."
Archiater Jago of Admin says"re: pets, I'm busy with other cool secret things. :)"
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "Ryndall has the staff and the book. We can assume they are probably being thoroughly cleansed."
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "There is no working anti life monument technology in existence."
Lady Lavender Morgan says "Ooo... Are Admin going to do anything special for DG's 20th?"
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "Yes."
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "We estimate that the 20th anniversary is on June 15th 2023. That's the date we are working towards, anyway."

Admin Team Health and Well Being
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "Thank you for asking. Personally I had a bit of a rough time in late spring and early summer. But my career has been on a good course. All is well now. I appreciate you all asking."
Archiater Jago of Admin says "It's been a busy 6 months for me, but doing well all in all. (besides living in a capitalistic hellscape)"
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "I'm good."
Magistra Kailani of Admin says "My Sunrifter birthday is March 4."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "My real birthday is distinctive so might be more than I'd like to give away. My Sunrifter birthday is apparently October 17th, 2012. So I guess I'm coming up on my ten year anniversary."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "Every admin has a technical Sunrifter birthday and then also a public Sunrifter reveal birthday, sometimes with quite a long gap in between."

Unanswered Questions
Lowrenzo says "on a serious note we need to have regular raids to get prims and treasure drops like we used. that all stopped after we killed balthy."
Lord Bifrost Janger says "Bris was mentioning that! He's been collecting data on drops and stuff (cos he's a nerd). But he couldn't make it today"
Viscontessa Miranda of Admin says "Ask Bris to send it to me."
Falx Monde says""Where have the Night Feeders come from and where are all the demons now" - I think I saw these night feeders once or twice. They vanished if not defeated before the Rifter rose?"
Falx Monde says""What is going on with the centaurs" - this was focused on Edward Vashmura I think. No longer playing actively (need to ask him for that sweet Balthazar shield)"
(Didn't catch the exact wording, but Bif asked for an estimate timeline for the next storyline related stuff going down)
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:20 pm

I totally forgot to ask about the Cleansing of Ryn 8O
The remaining areas will be cleansed? Is Novice Phoebe returning with her mysterious ring?
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”