Folly Crawly

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Folly Crawly

Postby Blythe » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:01 pm

FOLLY CRAWLY
Friday the 5th --> 6pm-8pm EST / 11pm-1am BST

Everyone please RSVP below so that we can get a head count. We need at least 9 players - however, the more the merrier!
Also if you do not RSVP, because you can't commit - you can still just show up and join in! You do not need a reservation to play. However, if we do not get at least 9 committed, it will just be a regular pub crawl with adequate silliness.

Please review the rules of Folly (available on this forum and in Dundee Inn) and we will review all of the rules at 5pm EST in the backroom of Dundee. (I will be available by in game PM or on discord to answer questions)

This will be a pub crawl version of Folly - starting in Dundee Inn - we will move from one location to the next after three Riftershines (aproximately 30 minutes) during the Demon Eyes auspice (don't worry, I will tell you when its time to pack up). We are experimenting with the timing, but we are estimated that we will be able to manage 3-4 pubs/inns by the end of the game.

-Remember each auspice will last exactly ten minutes -so if you are playing the demons or the ruler that turn- if you do not have your decision to the Vicegerent in time, the game will move on. (AKA- do not wait until the ten minutes are up to call a vote)
-You also don't HAVE to take the entire time. It is acceptable for a ruler to just banish someone at any point - but please do remember that it is a social interaction game and ALL RP and interaction MUST happen in the open chat :)
-Don't just sit quietly and stare, and also expect to figure out who the demons are :lol: :twisted: You are charged to RP as whatever role you are assigned while playing the game.
-Also, each denizen gets one chance to use their intuition during the demon eyes auspice. Intuition is the only way for denizens to confidently form alliances. Remember: Demons are already on a team and they know who their teammates are.
- Curses should be creative and the cursed party gets time to RP out their curse.
-Anyone cursed can continue to play as ghosts, but anyone banished cannot interact further in the game.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Re: Folly Crawly

Postby Topaz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:48 am

I will be there.

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:10 am

*adds his name to the list*

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

biffpbizzo
New Adventurer

Postby biffpbizzo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:37 pm

low will be thar'!

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:31 pm

Why not? I will give it a go!
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:44 am

I have managed to arrange for being there, but it can change at any time. At the moment, I think I'll make it!
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:39 pm

It appears that with all we have here and others that have confirmed in person, we will have enough to play!
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:43 pm

I am in the backroom of Dundee Inn now - until the start of the game to answer any rules based questions. Once the game starts, I wont have a lot of time. So please stop in early if you are unsure about anything!
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:28 pm

A Clarification for anyone that might ask:
When/If the Ruler calls for a vote - you may PM them with your 'suggestion'... once youve RP'ed talking/whispering/writing down your vote for the ruler.
That and the plotting during demon eyes by the demons are the only PMs allowed within the game. In chat interaction is what will REALLY keep the game fun, interesting and moving along :)
Thanks!
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Angelina Darkwood
New Adventurer

Postby Angelina Darkwood » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:33 am

I admit, I was nervous! The rules seemed to go over my head... but it makes so much more sense when you're actually playing! That was great fun!!! I will definitely be at the next one. I utterly implore those who thought it sounds fun, but like me would be nervous to join in or was worried they wouldn't understand the rules, to just join in! Just let whoever is hosting it know you are playing for your first time and they'll help as much as poss. Thank you again to those who hosted it!
Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:31 am

We ended up not doing the Crawly part - and that was okay!
Falx was the VG/narrator for the first time and we ended up with a group of six.
It was sooo much fun to play live :-) (for more than a single round) and the Denizens won!

We want to start doing this once per cycle. Maybe we can try for a decent time on a Saturday? A time that isn’t too late across the pond and could be done before dinner maybe in the US?

Suggestions are nice. And maybe we can rotate times if there are two that work for a good amount of people (no certain time is ever going to work for everyone).
And currently we have three experienced Vicegerents. A couple more games and we may have a couple more comfortable enough to take care of the narration duties (which means it can be done even if I’m not available!)

Chime in and we will settle on another time later this cycle!
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 am

I'd like to learn how to Viceregent.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:54 am

Blythe wrote:We ended up not doing the Crawly part - and that was okay!
Falx was the VG/narrator for the first time and we ended up with a group of six.
It was sooo much fun to play live :-) (for more than a single round) and the Denizens won!

We want to start doing this once per cycle. Maybe we can try for a decent time on a Saturday? A time that isn’t too late across the pond and could be done before dinner maybe in the US?

Suggestions are nice. And maybe we can rotate times if there are two that work for a good amount of people (no certain time is ever going to work for everyone).
And currently we have three experienced Vicegerents. A couple more games and we may have a couple more comfortable enough to take care of the narration duties (which means it can be done even if I’m not available!)

Chime in and we will settle on another time later this cycle!

We even have all time zones more or less covered, with the Vicegerents we do have. If push ever comes to shove, I would even VG if the alternative was that a game could not happen! Lots of fun, and look forward to the next session, in the not too distant future.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”