OOC Solidarity.

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

OOC Solidarity.

Postby Zeric of Admin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 pm

In light of current events, including the killing of George Floyd and a marked increase in visible police brutality at demonstrations across the country, it doesn't feel right to spend my admin time spawning demons or puppeteering pantomime villains this afternoon.

Instead, my (and if you're lucky, some other admin, depending on their availability) will be in the OOC room today at 4pm EST.

It will be a short gathering, and we won't be taking questions, or even really discussing anything. We'll simply be silently reflecting on our world and our duty to each other as fellow humans. You can pray if that's your deal. You can use the time to donate to charities if that's your deal. You can use the time to think about how you can effect change in your community through local politics, protest, and events. You can also simply be, if you just want to know you are not alone when the world seems lonely and filled with injustice. We'll be wishing for better days, together.

You are welcome to join us and I trust in our community that we can do this respectfully. Anyone who is disruptive or antagonistic will not be welcomed and I'll probably ban you for life on the spot because I'm all out of grace.

Sorry for the short notice.

#BlackLivesMatter.

- Z

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”