Isolation (cooking) Station

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Isolation (cooking) Station

Postby Kailani of Admin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:38 pm

We have all felt a bit isolated from time to time.

None in Valorn understand the need for isolation to maintain their own safety like the citizens of Caernivale. (except maybe the occasional hermit)
Those drawbridges are just brilliant, are they not?

In solidarity with our recently isolated citizens, and because who doesn't love inventing yummy snackums when you are all alone in the small hours of the morning (after maayyybeee a few cocktails) - send in your best Valornian quarantine recipes!

Food and/or drinks

If Shugart takes a liking to any they may end up being served in the Upper Pub.

[This contest will run until 8pm EST Friday June 5th]

ENJOY!

Angelina Darkwood
New Adventurer

Re: Isolation (cooking) Station

Postby Angelina Darkwood » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:47 pm

:o noodle sammiches are the best! Though I can't say I have ever had one with toast...

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 pm

*Turcko takes on the challenge with a grin*
This will sound crazy and/or dangerous, but bear with me to the end.

You take one sandclaw burster in pristine condition and empty it carefully. (Gloves advised). The goal is to remove as much of the corrosive acid as possible without disrupting the shell of the burster.
The reason for this is because sandclaw bursters are quite resilient and can keep their contents fresh and preserved for some cycles! (Do not ask how I found this out, let's consider it a family secret).
After emptying it, wash it thoroughly but carefully until all traces of acid are gone, and you get the perfect quarantine container!

For this snack we will use some bos cream, zericod and tomatoes.
Finely slice and dice the tomatoes and set them aside.
Fry the zericod with light seasoning to keep the original flavor of this godly fish. When done, skin it, remove the innards and fish bones.
Mash the fish fillets with the fresh bos cream. When it is an uniform paste, add the tomato bits.
Stuff the sandclaw burster with this paste and close the opening with some string.

We are done! Zericod and Tomato Sandclaw Surprise.
It lasts for at least 3 cycles with the same taste and freshness, so it can be done to stock.
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

ZarockNight
Veteran

Postby ZarockNight » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:57 am

take ghoast pepper tortillas and smear with cream cheese

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bifrost Janger » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:42 pm

I recommend a nice, healthy veggie soup. I mean, if you knock up a big enough batch, it's easy enough to reheat and eat whenever.

All you need is:
A large cooking pot
A large onion
X2 potatoes
X2 leeks
X1 rutabaga
X3 carrots
X5 pods of peas
And roughly 579 plat to fund this ridiculous endeavour!!!

I'VE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU AVERY WEAVER!! I'LL NEVER FORGET!
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 pm

Peakballs:

Start with ground snowhare.
You will have to kill several, but its worth it and there are lots of them.
Add some breadcrumbs and an egg so they stay together. Season with chopped Bosbreath, a little salt and pepper, and roll into balls that fit into the palm of your hand.

Cook in a pot (with a lid) with plenty of liquid. Once cooked, add a bit of flour to make a gravy and add torn up leaves of shieldgrass, cook down to desired thickness.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Angelina Darkwood
New Adventurer

Postby Angelina Darkwood » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:48 pm

Wondering what to do with the masses of Korunga fruit you panic bought? Still haunted by the last time you tried to eat a Rotten Korunga fruit? Make yourself some Korunga Fruit Ale! Served in miniature barrels topped by a strip of Korunga fruit peel, the sweet, hazy amber coloured ale has a unique sour tang aftertaste.

Peel the Korunga Fruit and mash it into a pulp, then separate the pulp from the clear juice (you can either bin the pulp or lob it at the house of a neighbour who has done nothing but argue, loudly, since quarantine began).

Over a small fire, heat a large pot of water (the bigger the better, more ale = a happier quarantine) and throw in a bucket full of grains and let it heat through for half a mark.

Scoop out the grains and allow the liquid to cool before mixing the Korunga Fruit liquid in. Filter the Korunga Fruit mixture through a cloth before sealing in a barrel to ferment for 24 marks.
Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:03 pm

A simple broth – variations for those who do or do not eat flesh

The plants that grow in estuaries where salt and fresh water mix, or on the fringes of the ocean, can be both delicious and nutritious.
Collect a few handfuls and make sure they are well-washed in fresh water to remove accumulated salt. Throw into a pot of boiling water along with a mix of herbs and spices of choice. Leave to simmer for a while.
While the broth is simmering, cut flatbread into small pieces and leave on a stone near to the campfire, to warm. Make sure it doesn’t burn!
When serving you can toss small pieces of the flatbread into the broth. An alternative is to use larger pieces of the bread to mop up the broth.
For those who eat flesh – while the broth is simmering, go catch a fish. Skin and gut your catch, cut the flesh into thin strips. Wash well to rinse away excess salt. Put a flat rock near to the flames of your campfire so that it gets very hot. Throw the pieces of fish on to the rock, turning frequently. Be watchful as the fish will cook very quickly. Throw the pieces into the broth when serving.

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:00 pm

Thank you for your entries.
Some are very creative!

Shugart will soon let everyone know if he fancies any of these ideas to serve in his own establishment.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”