Kailani's Friday Fun

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Apple
New Adventurer

Re: Kailani's Friday Fun

Postby Apple » Fri May 22, 2020 8:39 pm

A small painting of a couple on a beach overlooked by two forlorn lilies of a dusky red and one with a silver lining upon the petals. There is a small picnic spread out but the faces of the pair portrayed are indistinguishable. Despite this, they seem content, familiar, and affectionate. Fingers laced together in a showing of admiration. A small inscribing in the sand near the shoreline lists two obscure names. Likely the depicted pairs names as the water laps away sending the hushed secrets to the tides. Under the painting is a small inscription 'Lake Island - Northeastern Shore'

Apolla Hartfort

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Imagine for a moment you can soar up into the sky and look down. Beneath you are Valorn, Kilican, and Ethucan – the three lands of Trinald. I am there flying high with the ‘rifter, gazing across those lands. Now follow my journey.
I let myself drop downward, limiting the range of my view. Below now is Valorn, the land in which we mostly live and fight and breathe, and pass our marcs in combat or in play.
I glance at the mighty waves rolling past Caernivale, a magnificent sight which can mesmerise me for marc after marc. Favoured place. Yes. But the favourite? I think not. I drift across lush grasslands where a wind will move those grasses in a green imitation of those waves, but again I move on.
Majestic mountains with a coating of snow and ice, sparkling in the rays of the ‘rifter – or carved by howling winds into fantastically-shaped crags. Once more I drift to another place.
I drop lower and again the scale of my view is curtailed. Dundee and the area round about the town is below now. The bustling streets, the calls of traders, inns and restaurants – all these are, again, places I frequent.
North, and east – and now the focus is a guild hall. Above the gate is carved ‘Twilight Serenity’.
I drop lower, now hovering just above the gardens. And there a cleric, a soft smile on her face, tends to the blossoms. She gazes at her handiwork through brilliant emerald eyes.
I drop to the ground, becoming corporeal now as my journey ends. Within the hall I call home, alongside the green-eyed cleric – this truly is the best place to be.

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Fri May 22, 2020 8:52 pm

When the turn has been long and exhausting, one place calls out to me: the mountain ledge.. to the ledge of Altitan my body is whisked. As I leave my portal I see the small glittering shards of crystal that dot the ledge-scape. Along the ledge I stand and stare up at the wonder that is the gift of Sunrifter, the wind blows across my robes as if easing me leap from here to there. I sit and claim my spot to watch those that watch.
Tis no place than this, that I feel closer to the Deities that oversee us. This place calms the mind and eases the soul.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Fri May 22, 2020 8:55 pm

For Rhalia:

What to say about my favorite place... it is a special place. Anyone can travel there, even the newest of adventurers. The spring is a refreshing reprieve from the oppressive heat, and the walls provide a pleasant shelter. The fragrance of the herbs and flowers remind me of her, for this place is the place of our first date, and where I first professed my love. I can still hear the words echoing off of the walls, a pleasant harmony to the buzzing of the pollinating bees.
Enclosed in the walls, warm and safe, I am reminded of her embrace. How I could stay there for many a turn.
The Milltown oasis is my favorite place because it’s beauty is the only thing that comes close to her perfection.
Last edited by Turcko on Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri May 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Caernivale's dock I like to spend my day's, watching the rifters light play on the waves.
The rifters light changing the sea, and clouds so prettily, or the sky in twinkling lights, is most where I want to spend my nights. For I lose myself in the sea, and let my mind wander off and dream. Most oft I find myself there, and let my mind drift as if on the waves, troubled, or joyful they can be all sink beneath the waves, for a time at least they stay, until I have to go away.~ Lavender
Last edited by Lavender on Fri May 22, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

kaballoi
Experienced Adventurer

Postby kaballoi » Fri May 22, 2020 9:06 pm

A Quiet Place

Wind and water,
sand and surf,
over looked by blooming blood and bone,
fragrant and wild atop a grassy hill,
tended by lazy workers of Devora Jane's memory,
the salty breeze a balm
on one's singular Spirit.
Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html
......................................................................................................................
Accomplished at something. Not sure what.

Kailani of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kailani of Admin » Fri May 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Thank you, everyone. It was so much fun to see your creative expressions!
All very impressive and difficult always to choose one over another.

Until next time...
K.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”