The length of the game will be determined by the number of players ((if it less than 9, it will have to be rescheduled so please RSVP if you can commit - if you cannot, then do not worry... you can just show up and it will be great!)) Please allow at least 12 marcs.
If you have never played Folly - Fear not!
I will include a brief overview of the amended (live version) rules below. You can find rules for sale in the Dundee Inn for a deeper explanation.
Please sign up to play or ask any questions below!
Prepare for Unflinching Fall Festival Folishness!
Players are divided into two teams- Demons and Denizens.
One player serves as the Vicegerent and narrator (basically the referee)
There two parts to each turn called auspices- Riftershine (day time) and Demon Eyes (night time).
During Riftershine, the denizens try to figure who the demons are (by talking to each other) and the Ruler will banish one denizen they suspect is a demon (or not, in their Folish wisdom).
During Demon Eyes, the demons will curse one denizen.
The goal is to survive. In the end, either demons or denizens are the only ones who remain in the Fated Kingdom of Fol.
Amended Live version rules:
1. The narrator and Vicegerent will be the same person - they will name and title the Ruler at the start of each Riftershine.
2. Demons will still be 1:3 (1 demon for every three total players. 6 players, 2 demons; 9 players 3 demons; etc)
- Demons will get a PM stating they are demons and who else is on the demon team. If you do not get a PM in the first marc, you are NOT a demon.
3. All interaction MUST be in the chat area - PMs (or out of game messages) are only allowed as listed below
(No one likes a cheater. Don't be that guy/girl or you wont be invited back.)
4. All Denizens will interact and attempt to determine who is a demon during the Riftershine Auspice - in chat ONLY.
5. Denizens can request to use their 'intuition' by PM to the Vicegerent during the Demon Eyes Auspice ONLY.
6. Demons can PM with each other (or use out of game messages) during the Demon Eyes Auspice ONLY.
7. The Ruler can call a vote at any time and citizens can PM their vote to the ruler - Name only. All other communication other than the name of who they are voting is a potential demon MUST take place in the chat area.
8. Every Auspice will be no more than 1 Marc (10 minutes).
- If the demons do not PM the Vicegerent a name and nature of the curse within the designated marc, there is no curse.
- If the Ruler does not PM the Vicegerent a name for banishment within the designated marc, there will be no banishment.
9. The Vicegerent will PM the affected character the results of their banishment or curse - and they will have an opportunity to RP.
- or they will announce if there is no banishment or no curse.
Prizes will be given at the end for various categories, including surviving winners (demons or denizens).