Cordelia's Bonding - applications open

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Cordelia's Bonding - applications open

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:46 am

Hi all,

We've been trying to get some long-standing events off the ground, and the bonding of Hojo and Cordelia has come up a few times for conversation. Due to creative differences between Cordelia and the player character Hojo, it has been decided to move on from that.

We do however want to bring players into world events and into detailed interactions with NPCs, and it's important that Cordelia appear more 'human' and approachable. We don't want to just let this go. So, a new contest is open.

If you wish to nominate yourself or another character to enter into a (fairly quick) engagement with High Queen Cordelia, please post a brief (and positive) reply on this thread stating the character name, the reasons that they should be chosen, and what impact you think their involvement in this plot would have on the game as a whole. Suitable candidates will be selected from this application process and chosen to live in Caer Laleldan for a few weeks. During this time the selected candidates will take part in a series of challenges -- Zeric is overseeing this -- and Cordelia will eliminate one character per week until the best suitor is left.

We believe that this will give rise to some interesting role play as well as finding the best character for the job. We would like to begin this as soon as possible so please get applications in quickly (we will close the application process as soon as we have enough good characters.)

We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!

M & Z

Turcko
Veteran

Re: Cordelia's Bonding - applications open

Postby Turcko » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:35 am

I would like to propose Ivan Monde as a contender for the Queen's hand. He is a really young adventurer, and as such would allow the Queen to focus on a relationship where she plays the part of mentor to her new companion while moving on from a long relationship with an older character (not saying the Commander is 'old', just... older).
This may allow Valornians to see the Queen in a new light, as one that can open her heart to those with varying degrees of experience in life. The game could benefit from this as the Queen matures alongside a rather imature and naive adventurer.
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 pm

I would like to propose Kenji Muramota as a contender for the Queen's Fair Hand. Kenji is rather well suited and adept at multiple domestic affair's ((Cooking, Cleaning, Gardening)) non withstanding he can relate to people on a personal empathic level. Being as Kenji is not a actual true born and raised citizen here. His involvement may help ease foreign political tensions and add a more human level of unity through the lands.
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:59 pm

I would like to nominate Audrey.

She’s smart, doesn’t talk too much, and minds her own business. She’s not known widely in Valorn and has never been involved in controversial matters.
She would bring a moderating sense of neutrality, diversity and inclusiveness. Also, they could adopt an heir... or a bunch of cats ;-)
As a bonus - Cordelia’s available wardrobe would instantly double!
((PS a uhaul may be needed if she’s not eliminated in the first week))
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Talisk
New Adventurer

Postby Talisk » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:20 pm

I would nominate someone with great wisdom.

Someone who has been around the block a time or two, providing a wealth of experience.

Someone who does not put up with foolishness or fools.

Clearly, it's time for this new relationship to bud between Our Queen and http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow86098.html, AKA, Bacarus.

May our realm flourish with the advent of this blessed union.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Never, ever, panic. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:36 pm

I would like to nominate myself, Bebhinn, due to our mutual love of lemon tarts!

Apart from my renowned culinary skills, or lack of them *coughs*, I have a good sense of humour and am not too shabby when I make an effort .... well apart from the greying hair and expanding waist line due to far too many tarts and sweetrolls. I love history and travel and would look forward to travelling with Cordelia to all parts of Trinald, especially Ethucan.

On a more serious note I am a reasonably accomplished Enchanter and, apart from being available for portals at any time of the day or night, I hope that I could help foster better relations with the Council of Ryndall, especially Arctane.

Bebhinn
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 pm

*Reesa walks up to the notice board carrying quill and parchment. Chuckling a bit as she writes the date, in a neat script she pens a proposal and tacks it to the board.*

Dearest High Queen Cordelia,

I would like to nominate myself to enter into an engagement with her majesty. Though perhaps unconventional, I dare say another female may have more similarities than differences with the Queen’s own way of thinking. I'm also clean and neat; the similarities abound!

As Valorn’s current High Lady, and as such a member of the Queen’s Court, I am well positioned and eager to engage in a partnership with you.

On a side note, this proposal is not the least bit influenced by my lack of home or guild association. In fact, being unfettered means I carry less baggage!

Enticingly Yours,

Reesa
Reesa Ambernight the Virtuous
There is always time for kindness.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:01 am

This has weighted down my mind as I pondered this.. but I'd like to think my Brisingr would be a good suited match. Most would call him a stick in the mud as he has a serious side but most wouldn't guess he has a playful side. Some would think it an ill match due to past happenings, but he has been working hard to right the wrongs and repair as many burnt bridges as he can. With the lack of obedience that once.. I think that could bring interesting depth to the RP. They have a few things in common as he leads the guild her father once called home and family. He's fierce with a sword despite being a skilled enchanted.

They could work together in bridging the gap between Valorn and Ethucan. So much has changed in the cycles since Ethucan last met a Valrornian enchanted. Not only that but help build a working relationship with Ryndall.

lucus
New Adventurer

Postby lucus » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:41 am

I think Cordelia should consider me, Lucus Valerus. First of all, I'm a soldier. I've spent 20 years in the Ethucan Army, in the 15th Pike (and we're a damn fine unit) - made Centurion two or three times too. And a Warrior, in nearly five years here.

I know fighting. And I know from the front line, unlike all those generals and advsors.

And in twenty-five years of garrison living, I've made friends with women all over Ethucan and Valorn - and they're still friends. And all that experience is at Her Majesty's service too.

kaballoi
Experienced Adventurer

Postby kaballoi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:45 am

I would like to nominate LOWRENZO!

Lowrenzo would be an excellent companion for our fair High Queen. He is strong of spirit (hides the stinkers); eloquent with his speech (signs him up for enunciation lessons); very romantic (hopes all of the ladies don't show up that have been smooched by him to sigh or cry); has a keen sense of style (stuffs his pirate garb into a hamper); hard working (prepares caffeine so that he doesn't make her a liar with a fit of Low-narcolepsy); persistent and indefatigable (lists the number of times he was smite'ed, including by a falling pumpkin, and returned to continue his pesky pursuits); charming when napping (prepares special corks to diminish his loud and obnoxious snoring); generous (still smells the faint odor of korunga's in her pack); and lastly extremely entertaining *smile brilliantly*. High Queen Cordelia will NEVER be bored!

Again, I nominate Lowrenzo the Rogue!

(Apologies to Zelele, but he is too good a catch for Cordelia to pass up on the opportunity!)
Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html
......................................................................................................................
Accomplished at something. Not sure what.

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:17 am

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Zeric of Admin wrote:For anyone still wondering...

- Z

Not much doubt, but I was wondering what the DG version of The Bachelorette might look like. :D

And, if anyone is curious, yes, homophobia is alive and well in DG. :(
Last edited by Reesa on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:50 pm

- Z

;) We know that date, we wanna know the bonding date. I mean y'all did after all just tease us.

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:56 pm

;) We know that date, we wanna know the bonding date. I mean y'all did after all just tease us.

*nods emphatically and gets her calendar out, ready to note the official bonding date*

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:57 pm

- Z

Raffe and me had a long talk and a even longer laugh over yhis all yesterday (the day was not lost on us) and a joke involving a Asian a Fashionist and a young man ensued. :lol:

Kenji Muramota-173295

Talisk
New Adventurer

Postby Talisk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:39 pm

No doubt everyone noticed the date of the post and pondered its veracity, but this just seemed TOO plausible, intriguing, and fun to let pass.

So, well done, but I bet I speak for more than a few when I say we were more than hopeful of a modern-day (so to speak) Valornian match game.

Back to the beach.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Never, ever, panic. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Talisk wrote:No doubt everyone noticed the date of the post and pondered its veracity, but this just seemed TOO plausible, intriguing, and fun to let pass.

So, well done, but I bet I speak for more than a few when I say we were more than hopeful of a modern-day (so to speak) Valornian match game.

Back to the beach.

THIS THIS. YES!

Kenji Muramota-173295

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:19 pm

The bonding will happen once Commander Hojo has had time to prepare a detailed "battle plan" for the Bonding night, including potential rendezvous locations, fallback plans for emergencies, and a system in place for requesting backup from other Iron Order members should he need assistance.

- Z

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Is it safe to assume to assume that provisions shall be made, to where we can purchase attire before hand so we would not look like a farmhand at such a esteemed occasion?

Kenji Muramota-173295

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Zeric of Admin wrote:The bonding will happen once Commander Hojo has had time to prepare a detailed "battle plan" for the Bonding night, including potential rendezvous locations, fallback plans for emergencies, and a system in place for requesting backup from other Iron Order members should he need assistance.

- Z

:lol: :lol:
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”