Peace and Quiet

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Shade Muen
New Adventurer

Peace and Quiet

Postby Shade Muen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:45 am

There is nothing more irritating than relaxing on yer hammock and enjoying an ale around the Ale Tree than hearing continuous snoring around ya from a hibernating bunnie.

So, with that said, it has been decided that all the bunnies whom are hibernating will be shoved into a spare room and there they can snore all they like!

We would like descriptions. A description for the Hibernating Room. Of course, we are not so mean as to just throw them in a room with nothing, so there should be a few things included in the description.

1. Something for them to rest on. Doesn't have to be anything fancy.
2. We need chalk, lots of it. I don't see why we cannot draw on their faces whilst they rest.
3. And something else, something we can use on them if we get bored.
4. We need a few kegs of ale. Since we will not be checking up on them unless it is to mess with them, we won't know when they woke up for a moment and they might be thirsty in that moment, so we have to at least provide them a way to have some ale without too much effort.

CLOSING DATE: 3 December 2017

There will be a prize to one winner whom's description we will use.

T&C's apply.
Don't follow me...I'm lost too
Char#76728

Kairiel Bosburn
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Peace and Quiet

Postby Kairiel Bosburn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:12 pm

It’s cozy in here. The whole of this dim room - not dark by any means - gives off the feeling of a cozy burrow, though it is obviously not. Blankets of all make and manner - from fluffy to rough - line the floors in an arrangement more comfortable than anything else. A handful of ladders have been bolted into the walls, providing access to rafters, and by that various hammocks that hang high for those feeling daring or desiring privacy.

Much of the illumination of the room comes from a shaded lantern set upon a table at the center of the room. A covered tray for treats sits beside the lantern. A keg of ale sits propped on the tabletop beside it, ready to provide a refreshing awakening to any of the sleepers.

If one knows where to look, there can also be found a number of sacks in a corner closet, the wood of the door blended into the wall. The sacks contain many tidbits - chalk, charcoal, feathers, ink, jars of water - that it is anyone’s guess at the use for.

Various snores might be heard throughout the room. For this is a bunny burrow, and that means comfort.
"Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire," - Garth Brooks, "Standing Outside the Fire"

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:21 pm

There is a muffled quality to the sound within this room, the myriad of blankets, pillows and nests seemingly drinking it up. Wide alcoves with arched entrances line the soft moss coated walls. Within each a human sized nest resides, every one unique in appearance. They overflow with bedding material of all sorts and kinds, from bunny fuzz to spider silk. A chalkboard and bucket of chalk hang outside each alcove. Names, messages and jokes are scribble over the surfaces.

The center of the room contains a flowing tiered fountain of ale. Some crafty trick, likely known only by bunnies, keeps the ale forever fresh and frothy. It bubbles up from a keg and along from basin to basin, the sides of which are lined with empty mugs, waiting to be filled.

Nearby, yet more pillows are strewn around for lounging and relaxing. Interspersed among these are large baskets containing face paints, wigs, colorful scarfs and all manner of accessories.

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:37 pm

The Bunny-Snuggery is a large area, accessed though a series of winding corridors which pass through doors at regular intervals. The walls are lined with tapestries and heavy hangings, thick carpets cover the floors. The doors too are lined with heavy material. The system is designed to stop noise intruding on those who rest within, and likewise will keep from those who are awake any sound made by the sleeping bunnies. Snores do not drift into the rest of the hall, nor the words of any who talk in their sleep.
Resting areas are available to accommodate individual tastes. Small round niches set into the wall of the Snuggery for those who sleep curled up. Longer niches for the ones who seek the security of walls around them when they take their rest. Plain wooden ledges adorn the walls for those with more simple tastes, and beds are scattered around for those whose sleeping requirements are more traditional.
A pipe runs from the ceiling and branches out to each position, where the turn of a lever will deliver cool foaming ale should the sleeper wake with a thirst.
The centre of the Snuggery appears to be a play area. Sheets of parchment along with ink and crayons are scattered around. There is a ball-pool in one corner. Another corner might be some sort of craft area judging by the range of bits of fur and feather, sparkly paper and pots of glue laid out. Sets of small wooden missiles, feathered at the back end for accurace throwing, their tip padded with small pieces of sponge, are found next to pinned-up parchment sheets bearing what look suspiciously like some sort of scoreboard.
Candles burn in chandeliers high above the floor, giving the Snuggery some light, but not enough to disturb sleep. The quietly-shifting shadows from the candles induce feelings of calm and sleepiness.

Pallas

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Shade Muen
New Adventurer

Postby Shade Muen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

The contest is now closed.

Thank ye for the entries.

Will mull over it and post a winner later today.
Char#76728

Shade Muen
New Adventurer

Postby Shade Muen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Thank you for the entries.

The winner is Pallas! Congrats!

Just absolutely love the play area and score board :evil:
Char#76728

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 am

Oh Fun! Congratulations Pallas :) Can't wait to go a-coloring!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”