Cleaning up and Fixing The Glass building of the gods

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Re: Cleaning up and Fixing The Glass building of the gods

Postby Topaz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 pm

I may be able to help.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:28 am

You are welcome to mine (1). I love the idea of this though!

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:10 am

Dear Friends, Fellow Adventures, and Citizens of Valorn,

I have some exciting news to share. Earlier this turn I was contacted by The Noble Inspector Dempsey of Infrastructures. It is time to finish what we started and repair the building of glass and he has a crew ready to go! What he needs from us, is what we for sure want in its place. The consensus from before was that we have a memorial park to remember those who died in the building, and those that stood with the gods to keep their vision, and our freedom intact. With perhaps a small outdoorsy bar for James to still operate out of. I would love to see a garden with benches, perhaps walking paths, and memorial statues of the battle that brought that place to ruin. With a dedication plaque to honor those who died in the fall of the building. But it is a place that is to be a memorial for all of us, and as such I want your input as to it as well.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lavender C. Morgan
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:18 am

I really like your ideas. Definitely something like a stand or a bar for Jaymes to keep operating out of. Perhaps something for Nugel (I think that was his name) for the guilds, unless he's found better accommodations and just hasn't told us.

Perhaps we might could even convince Mirandines to grow there and in turn bless the place.

If I can be of any support do feel free to send me a missive.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:29 am

I like these ideas very much, especially the mirandines, but I would rather see the new building as more of a tavern and less of a memorial. That is, of course there should be a memorial, but it should not dominate the place -- if it is a tavern, it should be primarily about fellowship and cheer. Perhaps the garden (definitely there should be one) could be a memorial, similar to the one in Caer Laleldan, while Jaymes could have a new and upgraded tavern. The gods know he has earned it.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:47 am

For the garden section: As you enter this fenced in garden area you pass under a sign that reads "Memorial Park" next to the sign is a stone marker with "Dedicated in memory of those who fought bravely to keep our freedom of choice, and in memory of those who lost their lives in the fight." looking around the park you see a lovely grassy area, with all sorts of bushes and flowers, but none more prevalent than Mirandadine's. There is a lovely stone path that winds its way through the park, past a small fish pond, with a bench nearby to watch the fish, and a few other benches strategically placed to view flowers or simply relax. And stone statues of the Goddess Miranda, and God Zeric, some depicting their faces in battle, others giving you a peaceful look, as if they are really there. At the end of the garden path, you come to a tavern with a door inlaid with multicolored glass shards reminiscent of a building that once stood here. Upon entering the tavern you see a shiny metal bar with bar stools, and a few tables with chairs for people to gather around, a proud tavern host excitedly smiling as he greets you. At the back of the tavern, there is a door with a sign on it that says "Guild Inspector Nugal" in bold letters. Through this door, you find a very tidy office, desk all in proper order, with a cabinet full of files labeled "Guilds of Valorn." And a very busy man catching up on paperwork.
Last edited by Lavender on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lavender

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:45 am

I like the idea of a memorial garden, but I'm also kinda loving the thought of an outdoor bar kind of thing, let poor Jaymes see the outside world :lol:

As for Nugel there could always be a building for guild related affairs somewhere, he might like the quiet that comes with not sharing a building with drinking folks :wink:

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 am

How about...

For the garden section: As you enter this fenced in garden area you pass under a sign that reads "Memorial Park" next to the sign is a stone marker with "Dedicated in memory of those who fought bravely to keep our freedom of choice, and in memory of those who lost their lives in the fight." looking around the park you see a lovely grassy area, with all sorts of bushes and flowers, but none more prevalent than Mirandadine's. There is a lovely stone path that winds its way through the park, past a small fish pond, with a bench nearby to watch the fish, and a few other benches strategically placed to view flowers or simply relax. And stone statues of the Goddess Miranda, and God Zeric, some depicting their faces in battle, others giving you a peaceful look, as if they are really there watching over you. In the midst of the garden, there is a good sized outdoor covered pavilion in the center of it is a fully stocked bar and outdoor grill with Jaymes happily cooking, while enjoying the view and fresh air. To the South, going off past the pavilion is a pathway that leads to a small building, there on the door is a sign on it that says "Guild Inspector Nugal" in bold letters. Through this door, you find a good sized, yet very tidy office, desk all in proper order, with cabinets full of files labeled "Guilds of Valorn." And a very busy man catching up on paperwork.
Last edited by Lavender on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:27 am

And of course, the garden area, and the office for Nurgel could be separate rooms, instead of all described in one area. LOL LIke after it describes the building he's in... you could go in to see what his office actually looks like. Give him a little more peace to work without people strolling past.
Lavender

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 am

I like the idea of having guild related scrolls back, but it could also be done by having the fellow in Branishor share the scrolls that were exclusive to the building of glass.
The building of glass was always something unique, so it should remain unique. The garden with godly statues sounds like a great idea, but I would also add one of Drakon.
No, I'm not delusional or worshiping evil Gods, but forgetting history is a first step towards repeating it. Let there be something to remind us of a path we do not wish to follow.
And yes, a nice place for poor Jaymes :)
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:50 pm

I personally am not adding that one... and will leave the decision to add that up to The Noble Inspector Dempsey of Infrastructures and admin. I see your point, but also don't care to have his image anywhere for people to get all wishy-washy over with him gone. I want to honor the gods that fought for our freedom of choice and those brave souls that fought with them. Not a place with the one who trapped and tormented Miranda and Zeric, while trying to turn the rest of us into a mindless mass, reprogramed to be obedient without the freedom of choice. I was the one who organized the event to bring Miranda back from where Drakon stashed her, and as such, I can not see having something with him, in the same place meant to honor her and Zeric, and those who so bravely fought FOR our freedom. Sorry.
Lavender

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:45 pm

What Lavender said. Drakon has a book in the temple library in Branishor; let that suffice.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:12 pm

And the history is under Miranda’s Temple.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:57 pm

I can see Falx’s point though, perhaps a bit more history of what happened will act as a reminder to never let such come to pass again. I like the thought that there is a lesson we learned from it all.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:58 pm

I agree with your point Lavender, and as Topaz and Raffe mentioned there are already places to remember that dark path of history.
Onward with your original ideas then :)
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 am

Just a note to let you all know the draft has been completed is on its way by a carrier to The Noble Inspector Dempsey of Infrastructures. I give thanks to Cody and Topaz for assisting me with errors that I had in my writing. It is nice to have friends willing to proof-read what you write to be sure it is correct. I hope that if it is approved by The Noble Inspector Dempsey of Infrastructures that you all will be able to enjoy it, and perhaps find comfort in it. ~Lav
Lavender

Dark Grimoire NPC
In-Character Guru

Postby Dark Grimoire NPC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Citizens of Valorn,

I have reviewed the plans submitted by Lavender C. Morgan and find only one small violation. According to ordinance #381 there shall be not more than one statue per deity in any given public space, save for temples dedicated to such.

In addition, we have a serious shortage of royal stone carvers. In order for any statues to be placed in the garden (not exceeding one per deity) you must contract out the work among yourselves. Once the statues are complete I can give full approval and we can move ahead with the plan.

Sincerely,

Inspector Dempsey

OOC: Feel free to submit short descriptions of statue ideas below.
This account represents all non-God NPCs and is used to communicate in-character. For descriptions/bios of most NPCs, click on the STORY link in the left menubar.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm

Ah, I fear I was not aware of that ordinance. My apologies Inspector Dempsey.

You all heard the inspector! Get your creative thinking caps on! Give us your best statue descriptions of our goddess Miranda, and god Zeric! I am going to step aside on this one since I know nothing about creating statues... I have asked another to run an event to build the statues. So keep an eye out for that. Thank you all!
Lavender

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”