Tainted Obelisks

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Tainted Obelisks

Postby krystoff » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 pm

*A note is nailed to the board, written in dark ink*

The time has come! I have gathered all the information I can find, and call for aid from all of Valorn! My quest to cleanse the Obelisks is possible, but we must stand together! All professions of all ages are urged to join this momentous occasion to restore what was lost to us! Let us stand together and rewrite history!

OOC I will be trying to work in communication with Brizingr on both the time and place to hopefully get as many people as possible to this event. As of right now, (my work permitting) it will be set for the end of February, hopefully in the afternoon of eastern standard time, as that seems to be one of the best times for world wide. The place has yet to be determined. Candles and or torches will be requested, any one who's anyone who can be there should come! The impossible number of 45 people is needed! ALL professions!! spread the word! Also, if anyone has or knows where to find Sunrifter stones (long shot) bring them!! Good luck to all of us!
Take what you can, leave none in poverty!

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Tainted Obelisks

Postby Olivia Pratt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:23 am

I'll be happy to help if I am able! *smiles brightly*
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:39 pm

I will do my best to be there. As for Sunrifter stones, I would try speaking to Elly and I think Pallas about those
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:09 am

If I am available I would be glad to help.

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:51 pm

OOC Okay, I am going to try to plan the event for February 25th at 3pm Eastern time! The place is yet to be determined. I would like some place sacred or peaceful to start, and easy for Initiates to access, so hopefully near Dundee would be good. Ideas are most welcome! If my work conflicts, I will postpone the event for a day on the following week once I have my schedule! Sunstones are rare or nonexistent! Any who still has some is pleaded to please bring them!! Also, a torch for each person is requested! I also need to know where the closest Obelisk is, or if there is a specific one that will need untainted. As far as I can tell from my studies, they all can and need to be done! The requirements for this event are massive, and I don't expect all of them to be met. I'm only hoping we get as many people as we can, and good luck to us all!

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:04 pm

*sigh* I am sorry but I will be out of town for that entire weekend.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:01 am

Krystoff, the where should be asked IG contact any of my characters if you see them awake and ask they would be happy to fill you in with the requested information. And as far as I know...only one is tainted... one is actually been broken and a piece removed and a large crack running through it.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 pm

*Grimaces and rubs his temples* If that is the case, then the aid of Enchanters will be needed for travel, as there are several who cannot make it to that specific obelisk. As for the place of the Purification Ceremony, how does the Obelisk of Courage in the Plains sound? I find it strangely appropriate, as we are attempting to fix one of the obelisks! Once again, your opinions are most welcome! This is entirely a team effort as far as I am concerned! Also, the thought had crossed my mind that glowing stones may help with a substitution of Sunrifter stones! (( OOC I know these are hard to find at times, so I think dull stones would hopefully work as well)) *Scratches his head* Now, we also need some kind of paste...something special or sacred...

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:24 pm

As I continue my studies, I find that not having sunrifter stones may be a good thing. Harnessing the power of these stones can be dangerous! While they may offer the light we need, we may be asking for too much power! A lot of substitutes will be used, as many of the necessities have been lost, and I feel this may be another substitute. Torches will be required, and I will bring as many as I can. Also, buckets of water for reflection of the torch lights! Yes, it sounds strange, but there is a method to all this madness! :wink: Once again, I must stress that this event is a team effort! The more help we can get, the better! I will be trying to reconstruct the Ceremony of Light in some way. My objective is to hold a Purification Ceremony, which I will read words that have been written on a wall while asking for a moment of silence to reflect on those words! After which, I will utter words for the Ceremony of Light! Now, I realize what I have been asking for is the impossible, but I also realize Valorn has strength they discredit themselves for! I have seen you all do wondrous things over the past several cycles! An attempt is better than doing nothing! Good luck to us all!!

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:55 pm

*Turns a piece of comet glass in his hand slowly as he grins* I've thought of a brilliant idea! That is unless someone else has a better one, of course? What if we were to ground these up, mixing them with some sort of glue...Miranda needed them for her aid, what if they would aid the obelisks? Your opinions are most welcome!

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:43 pm

*Frowns sadly* We've but (two weeks) to plan. I've heard three people say they will try to attend. I've not heard opinions on using these Crystals and some water as a paste. Is there more who wish to attempt the fixing of the obelisk??

Wenulu
New Adventurer

Postby Wenulu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:07 am

((I'm sorry but my schedule is so haphazard these days that I cannot say if I'll be available or not.))

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bifrost Janger » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:23 am

I too am uncertain of schedules. But if I am able I will be there!
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Valya
Adventurer

Postby Valya » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:01 pm

((we are moving that weekend, I'm so sorry we won't be able to help.))
-Valya Oxblood
Small but mighty

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:22 pm

((Life has been sort of all over the place for me over the last few weeks Krystoff but I settled, for now. I can be there as far as I know.))

As to grinding up the lucent comet glass shards, I am unsure if that would be wise. As I understood it, each of those holds a small amount of Miranda's power within them. If we ground them up, I have two issues that I come to mind immediately.

1. You are playing with the power of a goddess and I do not think that is wise. We, as mortals, can not try to hope to harness this sort of power and nor should since this is, I am assuming, the raw essence of power that is the Viscontessa's. It might do more harm than good to try and do so, especially without her permission to try.

2. Being as these do contain parts of her power, I would be afraid that by using them as you intend Krystoff, we would be taking power away from Miranda and weakening her further or again and that is not something I wish to see happen.
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:07 pm

*Nods slowly, turning the crystal in his hand* I'd not thought of that, thank you. My thinking had been that if they healed her, maybe they could heal the obelisk. However that does put things into a different perspective.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:54 am

Why not consider using items normally used for activating and powering the Obelisks instead?

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

Postby krystoff » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:08 am

*Posts a sign, hanging his head in sorrow*

Sadly, not enough people were able to offer aid. The Obelisk will remain dark until further notice.

*Slips around a dark corner into the shadows*

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:02 pm

*follows behind and taps him on the shoulder* But why do we need a certain number of people? That's the part I'm not understanding Krystof.
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”