SnowBash - RESCHEDULED

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

SnowBash - RESCHEDULED

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:01 am

Kick off the winter festival with a bang, or a bash rather!

Join us at the Vanguards Courtyard of Snowy Wonders to frolic and play and celebrate all things...well...snow.

There will be Snowman building and snowman smashing. Snowball throwing and rolling. So get on your warmest clothes and come play.

Details.

When and Where:
Vanguard - Courtyard of Snowy Wonder Sunday 10th at 2 pm Eastern, 7 pm GMT

Events:

Snowball Racing - As any good snowman builder knows you need a solid base to start. Start small while you roll, scoot, and pat your way to the finish line to build your snowman's bottom.

Snowman Building - Work as a team or on your own! Build and Decorate your snowman (or woman) as you see fit. (( Post the description of your finished snowperson on the forums in this thread once you're finished.))

Snowman Smashing - After we build them, let's kill them! It's target practice at its finest!

Snowball Throwing - And then we just try to peg each other with balls of snow and run around like nutcases.

((All events are purely for the fun of RP. The only event with prizes is the Snowman Building, they'll be good though! Hope to see you there!))
Last edited by Dimitri Petrov on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Live life with no regrets.

Drecq Lexenstar
New Adventurer

Re: SnowBash

Postby Drecq Lexenstar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:37 am

Would love to be there, but at 2pm on Friday I'll be at work.

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:46 am

ooo sounds fun *beams* I'll try to be there!
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Ayla P
Adventurer

Postby Ayla P » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:35 am

Most of these funstuffs happen while I am either oocly working or sleeping, but I am still glad they are happening and will be happy to hop in when I can.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:16 am

Grins. "I.. hope I can make it."
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Will be there, just fashionably late *grins*
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:10 pm

Dimitri Petrov wrote:Kick off the winter festival with a bang, or a bash rather!

Join us at the Vanguards Courtyard of Snowy Wonders to frolic and play and celebrate all things...well...snow.

There will be Snowman building and snowman smashing. Snowball throwing and rolling. So get on your warmest clothes and come play.

Details.

When and Where:
Vanguard - Courtyard of Snowy Wonder Friday 8th at 3 pm Eastern

Events:

Snowball Racing - As any good snowman builder knows you need a solid base to start. Start small while you roll, scoot, and pat your way to the finish line to build your snowman's bottom.

Snowman Building - Work as a team or on your own! Build and Decorate your snowman (or woman) as you see fit. (( Post the description of your finished snowperson on the forums in this thread once you're finished.))

Snowman Smashing - After we build them, let's kill them! It's target practice at its finest!

Snowball Throwing - And then we just try to peg each other with balls of snow and run around like nut-cases.

((All events are purely for the fun of RP. The only event with prizes is the Snowman Building, they'll be good though! Hope to see you there!))

For those of you the other side of the ocean, this will be at 8pm GMT.
(And that is all the thinking and maths I am doing for today!)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Re: SnowBash - POSTPONED

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:32 pm

OOC Given this announcement we've decided to postpone our event. Doesn't seem right to do our event before the festival even starts. ;)

We'll release the new time as soon as we figure out our schedule for this coming week.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Re: SnowBash - RESCHEDULED

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:17 am

OOC We've rescheduled for this Sunday at 2 PM EST :) Same place.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:03 pm

A large mound of snow simply sculpted into a feline form sits upright with his long tail wrapped snugly around the front paws. Large ears perch on his slightly over-sized head and flat black stones make up the eyes and nose. Small, dark pebbles outline the curve of his mouth. Long, skinny twigs poke out from the sides of his face for the whiskers and a fuzzy blue scarf is wrapped around his neck.

A silver medallion with the name 'Mr. Pat the Snow Cat' painted in black dangles from the center of the scarf.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Topaz's three-layered snowman has a few distinctive features: a sword made of snow packed onto a branch and then wet so it is frozen; a layer of snow armor on its torso; and a face with one eye, a lordly nose, and a beard.

Zelele
Adventurer

Sholf

Postby Zelele » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:34 pm

A sholf, a shark-wolf, lies sprawled. Her tail curves up, her long paws have knives for claws, her dorsal fin (covering a platter) ascends. Her head looks up pleadingly, with carved onions for slitted eyes and a black olive as nose. Her tongue (a large red leaf) lolls between the ranked daggers of her teeth.

Some soft-hearted soul has put most of a meat-pie on her tongue. A row of little puppies coils at one side.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:37 pm

The Sleepy Fisherman Snowman

The snowman is quite large for its size, with an overly large bottom, though the midsection was shaped into, and then patted down in the bum section of it, making the craft look quite neat. The head was settled and patted neatly to look as if it was also a part of the shaped midsection, a carrot for it's nose, two rocks as eyes, and a few other small rocks to create a smile. An empty plate is on the top of its head and pressed to make it look like a hat. A long stick sticks out the midsection and diagonally upward with some string tied at the end to resemble fishing rod.

During the RP, Loki had fell into his fisherman snowman, so at the moment, it carries a tilt and obvious shapes that a person was inside of it.
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:41 pm

The Tired Snowman

Zanaan the Unsartorial wakes up from where he was sitting, the slow snowfall having piled around him making him look like a living snow man. He then grabs a carrot from his pack and holds it against his snow laden face to complete the image.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Army of tiny ice covered snow figures carved in fine detail doing battle with a ice carved figure of Balthazar
I would rather try and look a fool, than not try for fear of looking a fool.
Zarock12804

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Winners as follow

Pallas 'n 'Yana
Zelele

Awarded for fine craftsmanship ((AKA RP))

Olivia

kaballoi
Experienced Adventurer

Postby kaballoi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Bloomin' Sparkly Snow Bug

This little sparkly creature is tiny compared to most snowmen creations. It stands upon its glowing water gem sparkling with gem dust, its evergreen wings and bright red berry eyes glittering. Little twisted lockpicks make up its legs and its bottom blooms a lovely azure flower.

Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html

Note: I got a phone call in the middle of posting my creation. I decided to post it anyway even though the voting closed. *grins*
Congrats to all the winners and thank you Dim for a fun and funny event in the Vanguard guild hall.
Happy Winter Warming!
Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html
......................................................................................................................
Accomplished at something. Not sure what.

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Loki Jester » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:14 am

"Congratulations winners!" Grins.

Loki Jester

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:25 am

*blushes* thank you for the honor! *beams* I just wanted to thank you for putting this together. I had an amazingly fun time! Everyone did such a great job!
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”