Getting that Summerfaire Feeling...

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Getting that Summerfaire Feeling...

Postby AKA Azure » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Several years back Alfin Slowhand 'invented' Summerfaire by asking several individuals to get together and help organize events, ceremonies and ways for folks to just have a fun time. Each year since it's been held in one form or another. It is a player-run holiday with people holding all kinds of gatherings. It does not belong to one guild or group as anyone can host events or contests, but some organization is needed. Since I didn’t touch my nose fast enough (again!), I’m doing the typing for this playerbased event. Summerfaire doesn’t belong to any one person or group, but some secretarial skills seem needed. If someone else would like to handle the cajoling and typing, I’m happy to pass it on.

Let's get to planning Summerfaire again!

While specific dates will need to be set for individual events,we can set the day framework and send out a call for interested individuals to contact Pallas or me if they'd like help planning or hosting an event, contest etc.

Topaz will be handling the opening and closing ceremonies. If you would like to volunteer as a participant, let her know. (Studio audience members always welcome.)

The event listing will be here so folks don't have events overlapping timewise. (Basic rule of thumb - ingame events should be at least 2 hours apart from each other.)

Now to the meat of the matter:
Summerfaire will run between July 18 through July 26. That way, even if you can't make some events due to work, vacations, etc. you might be able to make others.

The opening ceremony will be held on the 18th. All are welcome to attend this and any other Summerfaire event. The closing ceremony will be held Friday, July 26.

Specific times will be announced within the Summerfaire thread for events, and I'll come back here to provide updates. A few days before Summerfaire begins a specific detailed list will be posted. If you have an event of contest you want to hold with this time frame, let me know. If you have a general interest in holding an event (alone, with friends, or with your entire guild) as part of Summerfaire, post your intent here and we can work out dates, times and an overall calendar.

Feel free to message me here or in game. Let's have a gathering of fellowship and fun as we have with past Summerfaires.

I include this thread so you can see how things have been organized in the past viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10566

People post here their event time/date and then I do a post showing the start and stop times. If you are running a contest, feel free to announce it here, but start your own contest thread for the questions and answers. If you forget to post it here, I’ll still try to include its concluding date.

I will try to post the start times in both EST (or whatever it’s called this part of the year) and BST.

Generally this works well. Let’s get… summer-y!
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Andy Feenix
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Getting that Summerfaire Feeling...

Postby Andy Feenix » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 am

**grinning lopsidedly** Greetin's frien's an' neighbors! Blade and Staff will be hostin' a Summerfaire Garden Party an' dance on Sunday, July 21st at 3pm est ! (8pm for my friends across the pond.) The party will be held at our "Garden of Serendipity", located just East of the Blade and Staff beach. There will be contests, dancin', LOTS of Ale, food and prizes. **he beams** I do hope ta see ye there. Happy Summerfaire! **takes a copious swallow of Ale** :D
Last edited by Andy Feenix on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Feenix
Wha' goes aroun' comes aroun'.
Andy's Campfire, Songs of Trinald

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:51 am

The Annual Honor Summerfaire Alliteration Acrobatics!

The contest opens at Noon Eastern Time on July 19th and ends at Midnight Eastern Time the same day.

To enter, you must come up with a three word alliteration extolling your finest moment in Valorn.

Post entries here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11270

Good luck!

Reesa and Tal
Reesa Ambernight the Virtuous
There is always time for kindness.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:39 am

Summerfaire is HERE! But soon it will be gone...

Here is the Summerfaire Calendar of events (work in progress - as events/contests happen they'll be added)

If you have an event to add either start a new thread or post a followup in this thread with your event/contest and I'll keep the schedule below updated for ease of viewing. Please check with previous posts and the schedule later in this post should you be adding one so you're not overlapping times. Unless posted otherwise please try give at least 2 hours between events. Events in green are in game happenings. Events in red are board events. I'll try to update and keep this the last post in the thread so just scroll up to see what others are doing. Board contests will get links to their threads.

Thursday, July 25:Summerfaire Riddle Rumpus - sponsor Twenty Two 5:30 pm EST/10:30pm BST Location: Fountain spring (south of Dundee) viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11281
Friday, July 26: Summerfaire Summer Hat Lottery sponsor Twilight Serenity. Ends: 5 pm EST/10 PM BST viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11267
Friday, July 26: Closing Ceremony: 6 pm EST/11 PM BST Location TBA. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789

Already completed:
Thursday, July 18: Opening Ceremony: 6 pm EST/11 PM BST Location Milltown Temple. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789
Thursday, July 18: Writing and Art Contest - sponsor Azure. Ends: 11:59 pm EST viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11266&p=91598#p91598[/quote]
Friday, July 19: Annual Summerfaire Alliteration Acrobatics - sponsor Honor guild. Starts noon EST/5pm BST Ends: 11:59 pm EST viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11270
Saturday, July 20: Lemonaide Social - sponsor The Vanguard guild 1 pm EST/6pm BST Location Cerbie's Grill in Dundee viewtopic.php?f=29&p=91631&sid=1ef4b12afbf6a3e515933cd10e37fd8d#p91631
Sunday, July 21: Summerfaire Garden Party and Dance - sponsor Blade and Staff guild 3 pm EST/8pm BST Location Garden of Serendipity in the Blade and Staff hall
Tuesday, July 23: Summerfaire Snacking- sponsor Azure 6 pm EST/11pm BST Location Worldbuilder Lawn viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11274&start=0
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Summerfaire is HERE! But soon it will be gone...

Here is the Summerfaire Calendar of events (work in progress - as events/contests happen they'll be added)

If you have an event to add either start a new thread or post a followup in this thread with your event/contest and I'll keep the schedule below updated for ease of viewing. Please check with previous posts and the schedule later in this post should you be adding one so you're not overlapping times. Unless posted otherwise please try give at least 2 hours between events. Events in green are in game happenings. Events in red are board events. I'll try to update and keep this the last post in the thread so just scroll up to see what others are doing. Board contests will get links to their threads.

Friday, July 26: Summerfaire Summer Hat Lottery sponsor Twilight Serenity. Ends: 5 pm EST/10 PM BST viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11267
Friday, July 26: Closing Ceremony: 6 pm EST/11 PM BST Location Milltown Temple. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789

Already completed:
Thursday, July 18: Opening Ceremony: 6 pm EST/11 PM BST Location Milltown Temple. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789
Thursday, July 18: Writing and Art Contest - sponsor Azure. Ends: 11:59 pm EST viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11266&p=91598#p91598[/quote]
Friday, July 19: Annual Summerfaire Alliteration Acrobatics - sponsor Honor guild. Starts noon EST/5pm BST Ends: 11:59 pm EST viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11270
Saturday, July 20: Lemonaide Social - sponsor The Vanguard guild 1 pm EST/6pm BST Location Cerbie's Grill in Dundee viewtopic.php?f=29&p=91631&sid=1ef4b12afbf6a3e515933cd10e37fd8d#p91631
Sunday, July 21: Summerfaire Garden Party and Dance - sponsor Blade and Staff guild 3 pm EST/8pm BST Location Garden of Serendipity in the Blade and Staff hall
Tuesday, July 23: Summerfaire Snacking- sponsor Azure 6 pm EST/11pm BST Location Worldbuilder Lawn viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11274&start=0[/quote]
Thursday, July 25:Summerfaire Riddle Rumpus - sponsor Twenty Two 5:30 pm EST/10:30pm BST Location: Fountain spring (south of Dundee) viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11281
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Thank you all for planning, participating and partying your way through Summerfaire!

I leave this final post so we can see the overall events from this year. (And so there's a place to point next year's planning group)

Events in green were in game happenings. Events in red were board events.

Tuesday, July 23: Summerfaire Snacking- sponsor Azure 6 pm EST/11pm BST Location Worldbuilder Lawn viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11274&start=0[/quote]
Friday, July 26: Closing Ceremony: 6 pm EST/11 PM BST Location Milltown Temple. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”