Summerfaire 2012! (planning and schedule thread)

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Summerfaire 2012! (planning and schedule thread)

Postby AKA Azure » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Several years back Alfin Slowhand 'invented' Summerfaire by asking several individuals to get together and help organize events, ceremonies and ways for folks to just have a fun time. Each year since it's been held in one form or another. It is a player-run holiday with people holding all kinds of gatherings. It does not belong to one guild or group as anyone can host events or contests, but some organization is needed. Since I didn’t touch my nose fast enough, it seems I’m doing the typing for this playerbased event.

Let's get to planning Summerfaire again!

While specific dates will need to be set for individual events, I'd like to set the day framework and send out a call for interested individuals to contact me if they'd like help planning or hosting an event, contest etc.

We can set an event listing here so folks don't have events overlapping timewise. (Basic rule of thumb - ingame events should be at least 2 hours apart from each other.)

Now to the meat of the matter:

Summerfaire will run between July 14 and July 29. That way, even if you can't make some events due to work, vacations, etc. you might be able to make others.

The opening ceremony can be held on the 14th (Saturday) As always all are welcome to attend.

The closing ceremony can be held on Sunday, July 29.

Specific times will be announced within the Summerfaire thread for events, and I'll come back here to provide updates. A few days before Summerfaire begins a specific detailed list will be posted.

If you have an event of contest you want to hold with this time frame, me know. If you have a general interest in holding an event (alone, with friends, or with your entire guild) as part of Summerfaire, post your intent here and we can work out dates, times and an overall calendar.

Feel free to message me here or in game. Let's have a gathering of fellowship and fun as we have with past Summerfaires.

I include this thread so you can see how things have been organized in the past viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10566

People post here their event time/date and then I do a post showing the start and stop times. If you are running a contest, feel free to announce it here, but start your own contest thread for the questions and answers. If you forget to post it here, I’ll still try to include its concluding date.

I will try to post the start times in both EST (or whatever it’s called this part of the year) and BST.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Frohste
New Adventurer

Re: Summerfaire 2012! (planning and schedule thread)

Postby Frohste » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:19 am

Bonfire is cancelled. I will hand out prizes at a later date. So sorry.

HONOR will be having a Riddle Race. I have made a thread for it http://forums.darkgrimoire.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10883 and will announce times/dates probably later this week. Of course there will be prizes!

The bonfire will be July 21 from 8-10pm EST at the Honor house. To get to the Honor house, go one north of the life monument in Dundee. From there go west till you can't go west any further. Then go north as far as you can. Then west until you hit the HONOR courtyard. You're there! I'm supposing the party will be mostly in the courtyard but please feel free to explore the house. *smiles* There is nothing you can break as it is meant to be a home and to be lived in! Please, make yourself at home!
Last edited by Frohste on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Continuing the success of a few fall fests back, Twenty Two is pleased to present the Valorn Cookoff for Summerfaire!
WHEN: Saturday July 14 at 2 pm EST/7pm GMT
WHERE: Dundee Town Theatre
WHAT: VALORN COOKOFF

A mystery ingredient will be provided at the site - All other ingredients for a proper Valorn kitchen/feast will already be on site.

ooc note: You'll be given an ingredient that you need to base at least 2 dishes off of. Assume basic Valorn ingredients are at hand. You will have up to 6 marcs to RP your preparation. After that audience members may sample your cooking.

Prizes will be given for RP and description. All in game, all in character.
If you want to cook something, please RSVP to Urkki (29984( or Azure (83729). If you want to spectate and add to the rp, just show up.

Information from the last cookoff...
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10449
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Come join me for a game of chance in the "Rogues Roulette!"
Many prizes possible!

on July 23rd, 3p est- until all prizes are gone!
The Vanguard guild halls, The Rouge Rogue Traveling Tavern, just north of the Courtyard of Lights! Come and have a great time!

Joyfire
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cvote93706.html

This event turned out to be a great success! Thank you to everyone who came and thank you admin for the extra interesting things happening that I could not do! It was a blast to host we may possibly have to make this event a regular for Summerfaire! Thanks! For the drawing we drew two names. The winners where Naridith and Auda both have been contacted. Thanks again everyone for comming and perhaps we will see you at next Summerfaire! Joy
Last edited by Lavender on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

tricia
New Adventurer

Postby tricia » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Where in Valorn?
Think you know about the world around you? Test you knowledge with KoV!
Prizes will be awarded to those who are sharp minded and quick on their feet!
Time: 7 PM EST 12 AM GMT

Further details will be provided at the event before it starts.

Any questions contact Blyndde.

http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow155147.html

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Calamon Bluestone wrote:One and all are invited to participate in GoRE’s Summerfaire event, Valorn Footwear Frenzy, being held in the fair grounds at GoRE halls. Directions can be found below. The event will take place on July 15th at 7pm EST and will last up to 12 marcs. Refreshments will be available before the games and in between rounds.

Valorn Footwear Frenzy
1. Each participant will use the Item number of the item they are currently wearing on their feet.
(How to get item number explained below.)
2. The caller will randomly call out numbers from 0 to 9 till a player matches 6 numbers. If an item number has multiples of the same number only 1 of these numbers may be marked off at a time.
Example: Item number is 38636806. Since there are three 6's in the number when a 6 is called it will match up the first 6. Later, if a 6 is called again now two 6s are matched.
3. The first player to correctly match six numbers and call out Valorn wins the round.
4. The winner will randomly pick a prize from the prize box by picking a number and getting the corresponding prize.

The list of prizes so far (Will be in random order before the start)
100 plat
200 plat
300 plat
Doorway Crystal
Blank Amulet of the Order
Lesser Glowing Amulet of the Order
Treasure box
Golden age Teleport scroll to Dundee

You are encouraged to contact me with more prize suggestions http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow105290.html

How to get the item number:
(This is found by left clicking on the item and in the address bar looking for the number. /ishow38636806.Stygian+Boots.html. The item number is 38636806.)

Directions to GoRE’s Fair Grounds
From the southern Life Monument of Dundee head west along the swamp path until you reach Duberry’s swamp. Take the north swamp path until you see a western fork. Walk west and follow the path south to a broken life monument. GoRE halls are west of you at this point.
From the Demon Boneyard, go north to GoRE’s library then through the north door to our magnificent garden. Enjoy our garden for a time before taking the walking trail north to the fair grounds.

This event may be ran at other times as well
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Jobe Thaniel Steward wrote:Jobe Thaniel Steward cordially invites everyone to come enjoy a fabulous evening of midsummer's night glamour with a Flora and Fauna theme ball.
Draw inspiration from Azure's famed field guide and celebrate the variety and vibrancy of the creatures of the realm. Which creature shall you be?

Formal attire is a must!

To be held upon the Worldbuilder Lawn (Beneath the warmth of the rifter and the twinkle of the stars!) at 7pm (GMT) Sun 22nd jul.

Do come along have a glass of wine, dance under the stars and have a lovely time!

Love and such. Mwah!
Jobe Thaniel Steward x
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Zanaan wrote:Come all to the tower of glass for the Summer Fashion Show on Thursday July 19th at 6 PM Est. All are invited to participate and take a walk down the catwalk while being critiqued by renowned fashion moguls Zanaan and Helena*. Stay and enjoy an overall good time full of fun, drinks, and door prizes.

In order to expedite the process, feel free to sign up below for a reserved slot on the catwalk. Once all below have gone, the catwalk will open up to any others present whom wish to show off their own unique fashion style.

*Zanaan and Helena are renowned by themselves as fashion moguls, and this statement does not reflect the consensus of the population.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

We’re moving along with plans for Summerfaire and are starting to solidify the schedule. If you have an event to add either start a new thread or post a followup in this thread with your event/contest and I'll keep the schedule below updated for ease of viewing.

Please check with previous posts and the schedule later in this post should you be adding one so you're not overlapping times. Unless posted otherwise please try give at least 2 hours between events. Events in green are in game happenings. Events in red are board events. I'll try to update and keep this the last post in the thread so just scroll up to see what others are doing. Board contests will get links to their threads.

So far:
(Yes, it's really called EDT and BST but most people just go 'darn, the time changed again' and I've listed it as EST and GMT. Basically when it's 5 pm on the east coast of the United States, it's 10 pm in England.)

Fri July 13: Opening Ceremony at Worldbuilder Lawn: 6 pm EST, 11 pm GMT. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz the Poet http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789
Sat July 14: Valorn Cookoff: 2pm EST/7pm GMT. Bring some cooking ideas as you create dishes using provided ingredients or come and sample. Hosted by Twenty Two guild and at the Dundee Town Theatre.
Sun July 15: Valorn Footwear Frenzy: 7pm EST/Midnight GMT. Wear your footwear for this funfilled game of chance! Food and drink provided. Hosted by GoRE guild and held at their hall. Directions and rules found here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10891
Tues. July 17: Where in Valorn?: 7pm EST/Midnight GMT. Quiz game featuring the swift of mind and feet. Hosted by KoV and held at their hall (From Worldbuilder lawn step south)
Wed. July 18: Riddle Race: Hosted by Honor guild. Combination forum contest and ingame event. More information to be found Riddle posting will be at 6 am EST/11 am GMT viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10883
Thurs. July 19: Summer Fashion Show: 6 pm EST/11 pm GMT. Hosted by Zanaan and Helena. Gathering for fun, food, doorprizes, and fashion sense as some volunteer to take to the catwalk and have their fashion critiqued. To volunteer post here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10892
Sat. July 21: Bonfire Party: 8-10 pm EST/1am-3 am GMT (July 22): Hosted by Honor guild and held at the Honor hall. Prizes handed out from the riddle race from earlier Summerfair.
Sun. July 22: Flora and Fauna Masquerade Ball!: 2 pm EST/7 pm GMT: hosted by Jobe Thaniel Steward and held at Worldbuilder Lawn. Formal attire at this midsummer's night glamour with a Flora and Fauna theme ball. For more information viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10885
Mon. July 23: Rogues Roulette!: 3 pm EST/8pm GMT: Hosted by The Vanguard and held at The Vanguard hall’s Rouge Rogue Tavern. Come try your luck for some prizes.
Tues. July 24: Summertime Tales: 5 pm EST/10 pm GMT: Hosted by Azure Greenhills and held at Worldbuilder Lawn. Bring a tale, a joke, or just yourself.
Wed. July 25: Banner Contest – sponsor: Purazon. Must make final contest entry by 6 pm EST/11 pm GMT viewtopic.php?f=29&p=90004#p90004
Sat. July 28 Summer Writing/Art Contest – sponsor: Azure Greenhills. Ends 11:59 pm est. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10882
Sun. July 29 The Not So Dull Crystal Contest – sponsor: Lucius Flintlock. Ends 2 hours before closing ceremony. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10881

Sun. July 29 Closing Ceremony Worldbuilder Lawn 3 pm EST/8pm GMT. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz the Poet http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789
Pallas (53943) has also agreed to help with the overall planning of Summerfaire. Feel free to contact either of us if you have questions or would like help in planning an event. Holding an event - in game or board contest is not all that difficult - and we're here to help if you'd like it.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Nasty Mcnarf
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Nasty Mcnarf » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Amazonian Multi-Event Party
Main events: killing contest and guess that word
Side events: eating contest and charades
Have fun and win some plat!

Where: ACV Guild Hall (in dark forest)
When: July 20th 7pm EST, Midnight GMT
Prizes: Plat

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Shieldwall's Garden Party

Postby Topaz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Summerfaire is here, and Shieldwall invites you to a garden party. There will be food, good company, and possibly music.

We invite our guests to arrive dressed to emphasize a particular color. (Think of Azure as an example.) Prizes will be given for the best, most beautiful, and most amusing outfit.

The party will be held on Friday, July 27, at 12:00 noon EST in the garden of the Shieldwall estate. To find it, go north from Milltown, west at the mountain pass, north at the Mountain Retreat path, and east at the cracked Life Monument.

Topaz

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Summerfaire keeps on going for a few more days! This is the list of events still to come. If you have an event to add post a followup in this thread with your event or contest. If it’s a board contest you’ll want your own thread as well so folks can post entries there.

Please check the schedule should you be adding one so you're not overlapping times. Unless posted otherwise please try give at least 2 hours between events. Events in green are in game happenings. Events in red are board events
So far:
(Yes, it's really called EDT and BST but most people just go 'darn, the time changed again' and I've listed it as EST and GMT. Basically when it's 5 pm on the east coast of the United States, it's 10 pm in England.)

Fri. July 27 Garden Party at the Shieldwall Guildhall. Hosted by Shieldwall Guild Noon EST/5pm GMT.Dress to emphasize the color of your choice
Fri July 27: Valorn Footwear Frenzy: 7pm EST/Midnight GMT. Wear your footwear for this funfilled game of chance! Food and drink provided. Hosted by GoRE guild and held at their hall. Directions and rules found here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10891
Sat. July 28 Summer Writing/Art Contest – sponsor: Azure Greenhills. Ends 11:59 pm est. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10882
July 29:Not so Dull Crystal Drawing 1 pm EST/6 pm GMT. You have until just before that to enter the drawing. Sponsor Lucius Flintlock.http://forums.darkgrimoire.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10881
Sun. July 29 Closing Ceremony Worldbuilder Lawn 3 pm EST/8pm GMT. If you would like to help, please contact Topaz the Poet http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showchar.php?char=39789
Sun. July 29: Summer Day Spot writing contest – sponsor: Blade and Staff guild. Must make final contest entry by 7 pm EST/midnight GMT viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894

Pallas (53943) has also agreed to help with the overall planning of Summerfaire. Feel free to contact either of us if you have questions or would like help in planning an event. Holding an event - in game or board contest is not all that difficult - and we're here to help if you'd like it.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 am

Summerfaire is winding down and there was a nice group of events and activites this year. This is the final list of events or contests still to come. There are two board contests left (in red) and two final ingame event (in green).

July 29:Not so Dull Crystal Drawing 1 pm EST/6 pm GMT. You have until just before that to enter the drawing. Sponsor Lucius Flintlock.http://forums.darkgrimoire.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10881
Sun. July 29: Summer Day Spot writing contest – sponsor: Blade and Staff guild. Must make final contest entry by 7 pm EST/midnight GMT viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:37 pm

I see threads like this still popping up here in mid 2012 and it just makes me smile, and so glad that folks like you found this goofy little website and still care. :)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Glad to see you Ben! Yes there are a lot of us that still love this game. Thank you for it!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:00 am

Repeated here for ease of reference (so I guess it wasn't the last post - sorry!) :)

Summerfaire is winding down and there was a nice group of events and activites this year. This is the final list of events or contests still to come. There are two board contests left (in red) and two final ingame event (in green).

Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”