Guild Contest Version 3

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Guild Contest Version 3

Postby Jane of Admin » Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 am

And now for something completely different. No, at the moment there are no plans for a giant foot dropping from the heavens to squash someone. We might take it under consideration though.
To help during the slight pause in the storyline, Guild Contest 3 is introduced.

We had the 'most helpful' guild contest quite some time ago, and more recently we had the “guildhall design contest.”

Throughout much of Valorn the place has greened up as winter has left – except of course in a few iced over places where the ale is kept at a comfortable level of chill and the food seldom rots. To celebrate this, the Spring Green contest is announced.

WHAT IS THIS?
All guilds may enter this contest. They need to choose at least one area of their hall and redecorate it specifically for spring (and the slow or fast march into summer). You may already have a garden area for example, but you need to do something to it to make it focus on that particular time of year.

WHEN?
During the week commencing the 20th of May we will hold a contest for all guilds. We suggest you begin working on it now.

Halls of guilds who enter will be surveyed by between May 20-25th. If you are part of a guild that does not currently have a hall, read further before falling into the depths of despair.

This announcement gives up to 3 weeks notice to guilds who for the modification of at least one area in their guild. This enables them to build up some points. An area change costs 40 points and an area title change costs 10.

HOW DO WE ENTER?
First – the guild needs to discuss among the members what area could best be changed and work out how to change it.
Second – the guild needs to have the leader change the description (40 points) and add the word SPRING to the title (10 points). Say for example a guild has an area called ‘The Cesspit’ and this is the area selected for the spring redesign. The area title will now be changed to ‘The Cesspit – SPRING.’ The area chosen for redecoration MUST be open to the public.
Third – one member of the guild will write to [email protected] with the message title ‘Spring Green entry [and the guild name]’ and describe what area the guild chose to redecorate and how it reflects the season. (In the case of guilds not possessing a guild plot, the individual will also include the area title and area description)
Fourth – the individual who emailed responds to this thread to tell us of the entry (this is in case we don't get your email for some reason.) Do not, I repeat, do not paste the email to this thread. In this thread the emailer should just post something like, “I [name] have submitted [guild name’s] entry via email.” Only guilds not currently possessing a guild hall should post anything else here. They need to post the area name and description.

THE ABSOLUTE LATEST DROP DEAD TIME FOR ENTRY IS MAY 24.

WHAT QUESTIONS WILL BE USED DURING THE JUDGING?
1. How realistic (within game parameters) is the area?
2. How well does the area fit into the hall?
3. How well written is the area?
4. How easy is it to visualize the area based on the writing?
5. How well does the area fit in Valorn and the specific hall location?
6. How easy is it to RP within the area?
7. How well does the area show off spring?

IMPORTANT CLUE

We direct your attention to this thread, which also links to other threads about guildhall design.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10178

WHAT IS THE PHAT LE.... UH, WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?

At the conclusion of the contest the following prizes may be awarded. At least one guild will have a chance to pick from this list. Depending on the points spread, more of these prizes may be awarded. This is not certain. This list may be expanded with more choices.

* Your very own cannon in your guild hall
* Your very own healer for your guild hall
* Rooms connected together within your guildhall. (Right now you can only build rooms connecting in a very specific way, this would allow different linking.)

Whichever guild comes in first place will get to choose one. If we decide to award more than one prize, the second place guild will then choose - and so on.

Good luck to you all, mortals. Go forth and redecorate if you see fit. Please be warned that floral paper hangings and tapestries cause Nugel to froth at the mouth. Employ taste, whatever that is.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Re: Guild Contest Version 3

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu May 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Have submitted the spring green entry notification for Twilight Serenity via email and updated the guild hall description of the chosen area. :)
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Frohste
New Adventurer

Postby Frohste » Fri May 18, 2012 10:40 am

I, Frohste, have submitted an entry via email for HONOR.

james silver
New Adventurer

Postby james silver » Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 pm

I ,James Tay Silver have made a entry via e-mail for Serendipitous Resurrection.

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Sat May 19, 2012 8:43 pm

I, Bebhinn mac Airem, have submitted the Spring green entry for The Learned via email and have updated the Guildhall descriptions :D
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Sun May 20, 2012 11:51 pm

If your guild hasn't entered yet and would like to be considered, you have until May 24 for this contest.

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 am

I, Purazon (#12387), have submitted the RoK-entry via e-mail.
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon May 21, 2012 5:48 pm

I have sent Shieldwall's entry for the Spring Green contest via e-mail and updated the guild description accordingly.

Topaz

Shade Muen
New Adventurer

Postby Shade Muen » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 am

I have submitted Clan of the Shrouded Bunnies entry via email for the Spring Green contest and have updated the description accordingly!
Don't follow me...I'm lost too
Char#76728

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Fri May 25, 2012 11:11 am

The various descriptions have been entered and will continue to be judged over the next few days.

The winning guild(s) will be announced here. I would like to thank all guilds who entered for the time and effort individual members put into their writing choices.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri May 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Forgive this late message here I am hoping Kabolloi sent you the message but just didn't post it here. The Vanguard is ready for the green contest.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

kaballoi
Experienced Adventurer

Postby kaballoi » Sat May 26, 2012 12:09 am

joyfire wrote:Forgive this late message here I am hoping Kabolloi sent you the message but just didn't post it here. The Vanguard is ready for the green contest.

Thank you Joyfire!

The entry was submitted by e-mail and the guildhall updated accordingly.

Kaballoi 93842
The Vanguard
Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html
......................................................................................................................
Accomplished at something. Not sure what.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Sun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm

I know people hoped to hear results before spring turned into summer; thank you for your patience as the judging was not easy. Many things, including the note describing what area the guild chose to redecorate and how it reflected the season, were taken into account.

While all entries brought focus onto springtime in Valorn, there were some issues regarding areas that forced the reader to certain emotions, items or individuals that didn’t belong, or other pieces that took away from some otherwise strong writing.

The writings engaged the senses and brought various images of spring to the reader. In some cases it was scent with blooming flowers or roasting spring foods; in others it was the sight and/or sound of young creatures frolicking, gamboling or otherwise going about their newborn lives. Other guilds brought in images of the departed winter with melting snow or debris left behind.

We hope that others will have the chance to travel to the halls and savor the richness of the writing throughout the guild halls of Valorn.

You’ve been very patient with reading thus far, but you are probably impatiently awaiting the verdict.

As there were eight entries, we decided to award a first place with the winning guild able to choose between the three originally announced prizes as well as a life monument. There is also an honorable mention. That guild will be able to link any two areas of their guild together.

First Place: While some of the writing might need some more polish, the entry by the Clan of the Shrouded Bunnies teased the senses, brought in other portions of their guild hall, and reflected the new season. Their letter also clearly explained their thinking in their redecoration.

Honorable Mention: The Vanguard enhanced an already existing area with some of the flavors of spring.

The leaders of the two guilds should contact me in regards to the prizes and where they should be placed within the guild hall. The may be done via in game pm or forum board message.

Congratulations to all, and well done to every guild for really making the effort in this!

Shade Muen
New Adventurer

Postby Shade Muen » Sun May 27, 2012 7:34 pm

On behalf of the Bunnies, thank ye so much!

We all had great fun decorating the entrance gardens for Spring. Thank ye for the opportunity to do something creative as a guild :D
Don't follow me...I'm lost too
Char#76728

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun May 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Nicely done, Bunnies. I had a chance to visit most of the Spring areas and everyone put in a nice effort. I enjoyed the many different descriptions.
My favorite part about the Bunnies Spring description was the free seedlings that were out for anyone to take. I thought that was a really nice touch.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Sun May 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Was fun! Congratulations

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Congradulations to everyone!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Mon May 28, 2012 12:59 am

Congratulations to the Bunnies and the Vanguard.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon May 28, 2012 12:25 pm

It's been funning wandering through the halls and seeing what folks did with them. Congratulations!
I suspect we'll be hearing cannons more for a while at least! :lol:
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”