Fall Fest Forum Contest

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Fall Fest Forum Contest

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:45 pm

What with all the pumpkin carving that's been going on, we seem to have produced a lot of pumpkin-waste. Seems a shame to let it spoil...

What would you do with the innards of a pumpkin?

This must be in character, one entry per player. 100 words maximum.

Contest closes on Wednesday 11th, at midnight EST.

M.

Urkki
Veteran

Re: Fall Fest Forum Contest

Postby Urkki » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:56 pm

Food. War.

Ever wondered who sponsored who? Here's your chance to find out: Lineages!

charid for all the contests I forgot to post it for: 29984 ;)

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:58 pm

Pumpkin Party

I'd take the innards and make pumpkin fudge.

For this I'd use:
Bos millk
butter
honey or corn syrup for sweetener
chopped nuts (optional)
pureeded pumpkin innards (seeds removed for something else)

I would mix it all together - save the butter and nuts - and cook it for a while. Finally I would stir in the butter and nuts and pour it all in a pan to let it cool.

Then I'd take it the party where everyone else has brought their prepared pumpkin innards, snacks and drinks.
A pumpkin party - now that would be festive!
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

james silver
New Adventurer

Postby james silver » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:58 pm

I think we could have a baking contest with the left overs. pumpkin pies and pumkin muffins. then w can have a great big feast.

james silver
Char # 176370

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Ale soaked pumpkin seeds!! Baked after a long soak in ale or course.

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Ah during harvest time my mother be making a porage from the inards... A warm comfort food.

Harvest Porage
All the innards are used, the seeds chopped fine and all blended with spices and Bos cream.
Brought to a simmer and served with a warm lemonade or mead.

Narian, 130249
Last edited by rikm on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:09 pm

As I had finished up making my pumpkin, I decided to place the sides within a glass jar. When all was said and done, I took the seeds and cleaned them. Then an idea came to me to plant them, so I wondered around looking for a place to plant them till finally I found the perfect spot. I sit and plant the pumpkin seeds at the base of a hill with beautiful roses at the top of it. With the seeds planted, each year its my hope that they will grow for all to see again.

Brisingr Blaze
Char # 115695

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Well, we could use it for a fall festival prank. When Jeffrey is not looking we can splatter some pumpkin innards on the floor. I believe it would look quite gross. When Jeffrey returns, we can tell him Asrai and Urkki could not hold their ale. This might result in Jeffrey not serving them ale for a week or so. *grins mischievously*
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:04 am

I too had gathered my pumpkin innards into glass jars during the pumpkin carving contest. I cleaned them back at the Twilight Gardens and set them out to dry for two moons. The next day I separated and counted out a few seeds into various jars, labeled and stored them away. When the weather warmed again slightly it was my plan to attempt to plant a few patches in the gardens, and study their progress - keeping notes on them. I have been readying an area of the gardens for them to go for several days now.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

worldslayer
New Adventurer

Postby worldslayer » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:24 am

I'd gather as much as I could up in some drawstring cloth pouches and take it under the N'rolav swamps and use it to bait the beasties! Keep em from hiding all the time and might let me sneak up on em, new smell and all. Seeds might even grow somewhere...

Alloran

Amardmai
New Adventurer

Postby Amardmai » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:06 pm

What the Gods probably already know is that I planted my seeds in Verth in hopes of growing a pumpkin patch. I stated this during the carving contest and even asked for a scarecrow costume because of it. What the Gods may not know is pumpkin innards make excellent bait for zombies, as zombies are rather dumb creatures and mistake then for brains.. So the remaining innards I gave to an anxious young initiate that was off to hunt zombies for Dundee's Mayor Image

Gar Windgust
New Adventurer

Postby Gar Windgust » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:33 pm

I would separate the seeds and bake them with sea salt and what ever other interesting spices I could find to make them a great snack. Then I would put the seeds in one sack and the rest of the slimy innards in another. If I could find the pumpkin party that Azure mentioned, I would spread the slippery pumpkin waste in the doorway and find a place with a good view of the entrance. Then I would just sit eating my seeds and watching everyone that comes in slip and fall on their bums. That would be hilarious!
Gar Windgust

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 am

I would take the pumpkin seeds, nicely dried out and use some beeswax to shine a few and thread them to make pretty necklaces and bracelets and festoons for hair.

As to the pumpkin juice and waste flesh, I would simmer it in water until soft, drain it well and then pound it down and add it to some cream made from Bos milk and just a few ground pumpkin seeds I kept aside to make a refreshing face mask for any displaying the first signs of ageing, or indeed whose skin is tired from too much time on extreme cold in the mountains or heat in the desert or fire caves!

Vardian 14458

(edited as I think I technically entered twice with 2 used for the same pumpkin part!)
Last edited by vardian on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your bullets cannot harm me - my wings are like a shield of steel!

Damask
New Adventurer

Postby Damask » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:32 am

Granted, I would probably need to collect a fair amount of innards for what I have in mind. The seeds I would keep aside for planting, however the pulp I would mash until relatively smooth and blend with a little water and enough magma ash to prevent any rotting - mixing until I had a fairly thick paste. This paste could then be applied to the entranceway of our guild hall, as well as the outer window frames, and left to dry, thus lending the hall a decorative orange trim which might be easily removed once Fall Festival has passed.

kaballoi
Experienced Adventurer

Postby kaballoi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:27 am

Knowing how fond Trinaldian's are of their ale I would brew a Pumpkin Ale. Mix the innards, which would make a excellent mash, with honey, yeast, and water then leave to ferment until proper ale-ness is reached for drinking. The seeds, well those would be good roasted, covered in sugar candy syrup, then sprinkled with sea salt and left to dry. Would make a tasty snack with the ale.

The other alternative would be to make a paste leaving in the seeds. Jar it and then present it to Lowrenzo as a hair restorative. *decides she likes that idea and wonders where she can get some seeds so she can start a pumpkin patch on the guild hall grounds*

Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html
Kaballoi
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html
......................................................................................................................
Accomplished at something. Not sure what.

Sorynn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sorynn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:49 pm

If I am to be honest, what would delight me more than anything would be to “battle“ with them! It would have to be an area designated for such as they smell AWFUL and are stringy, wet and cold. Yes, I know it would be a horrible mess--but also I think, secretly, many would enjoy a time of silliness and joyous revelry! Imagine it: Adventurers covered in innards, replanting the bounty (such a fun way!) the Goddess has blessed us with! And at the end of the shenanigans, all of Valorn would have a pumpkin harvest to share next Festival!

Sorynn

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Pumpkin Milkshake

After the indulgences of the last few weeks a nice refreshing "pick me up". Slowly roast pumpkin seeds until gold brown. In the mean time cook the flesh of the pumpkin with a little bos milk, honey and spices until very soft. Cool the pumpkin mixture. When cold add it to a bowl of milk and ice whisking all the time until smooth. Serve in a tall glass with chopped roasted pumpkin seeds to decorate.

Bebhinn 97718
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Aryana
New Adventurer

Postby Aryana » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 pm

*grins*

I have enjoyed all the pumpkins and loved seeing all the carvings. I would want to do something with the seeds that would make them last for a long time so we could all remember and enjoy them throughout the year. I would gather as many pumpkin seeds as I could (and while keeping a few of them aside for myself to enjoy eating *grins roguishly*) I would take all the rest of the seeds gathered and put them in the cannons located in Caernivale and Fartown and then fire them off to let them fall randomly. And then as people made there way through out the lands, they would find the seeds that somehow would be perfectly preserved (not sure as i couldnt come up with a way *chuckles*) and they could collect them to either be sold or eaten as a treat, perhaps even dropped by monsters as the pumpkins were!

Aryana Moonsong 62105

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:07 am

I'd take the pumpkin innards and seeds, and leave them to dry out completely. Once that was done, I'd pound them into a fine powder, and pack them into Sandclaw Bursters. When the burster is used, the powdered pumpkin should spread out into a choking, blinding cloud which would incapacitate any creature in the vicinity unaffected by the burster's acid spray.

Pallas

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:30 pm

How very creative!

Yet another contest in which I was surprised by you mortals.

But I had to choose a winner. Because of the novelty of pumpkin paint, Damask wins.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”