Guilds on PROBATION

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Guilds on PROBATION

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 am

The following guilds are on probation because they are considered 'inactive.' I am not going to state a probation period, but I will be following progress carefully for some time. This will not be a hasty decision, and the time allowed will depend on the effort being put into building up the guild.

Please note that there is no point in running out and recruiting new players like crazy, as I will soon be putting guilds on probation who do just that, ie those who have a weak 'pyramid' structure (lots of low level characters, few upper.) DG is not about clicking and leveling though, and I'd like to think I have a decent grasp on who roleplays without perhaps leveling - so decent roleplayers of low level will count for more than those who just click around occasionally.

There is also no point in adding alts, as I'm looking at active players as well as active characters.

Can I just point out now that I'm not trying to prune guilds for the sake of it. I do, however, want to make sure that the guilds in DG are of quality. If any of the following guilds want to contact me for individual advice, please do. I'll even reply to your PMs in game so that I can make sure you're getting that advice promptly. I also recommend that if your leader is not active, by which I mean they haven't logged on in a couple of weeks and they don't have a reason to be away that you know of, you ask me to look into making someone else leader (even if temporarily.)

Legion of Light
MUG Fighting Crew
Brotherhood of Dragon Disciples
DRAGON
Champions of Trust
Righteous Unity of Trust
Guild 91
Enlightened Sponsors of Destiny
The Way of the Just
The Order of the Unholy Imps
Hammers of Trinald
The Brotherhood of Honor

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: Guilds on PROBATION

Postby Miranda of Admin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:59 am

An update on probation.

1. The following guild is being taken off probation! =) I'm VERY pleased.

Way of the Just (leader to contact me though to discuss progress)

2. The following guilds are now on probation for inactivity (having previously been safe.) You should also contact me to discuss the situation.

HONOR (House of Noble Ordained Reverents)
Knights of the Vow
Circle of Eternity
The Beacon
Shieldwall

3. The following guilds appear to have made the decision to disband themselves since they were put on probation.

Champions of Trust
The Unholy Order of Imps

4. The following guilds are being put onto stage TWO probation. This means that you have not fixed the problem of inactivity that caused you to be put on probation in the first place. Any concerned members should contact me as soon as possible - use in-game PM to char. 24 or forum PM if you wish, or mail me at [email protected] (be aware that hotmail / gmail and so on are often eaten by the spam filters.)

Legion of Light
Mug Fighting Crew
Brotherhood of Dragon Disciples
Enlightened Sponsors of Destiny
DRAGON (Divine Rebels and Guardians of Night)
Hammers of Trinald
The Brotherhood of Honor
Righteous Unity of Trust
Guild 91

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Probation Update

1. The following guilds have made it OFF PROBATION, and I'm very, very pleased. Well done - don't let yourselves slip back though!

- Shieldwall
- HONOR
- Knights of the Vow
- Circle of Eternity

2. The Beacon has been disbanded, they were formerly on probation, due to the leader trying to auction them off.

3. The following guilds are now ON PROBATION for inactivity, having previously been safe. Please message me at char 24 to discuss this.

- Amazonian Clans of Valorn
- GOLD
- Kindred Spirits
- Company of the Aurulent Dawn
- Legion of the Silver Sword
- Hammers of Trinald (formerly on stage 2, have improved slightly, but nobody has been in touch with me. If nobody contacts me and this has not improved further the next time I update, they will be disbanded as if they were on stage 2.)
- 95 - barely meets criteria for activity, and hasn't bothered to ask for a name.

4. The following guilds are now going to be disbanded as they were on stage 2 probation and no improvement has been made. Some of these guilds may already have disbanded themselves.

- Enlightened Sponsors of Destiny (self-disbanded)
- DRAGON
- The Brotherhood of Honor
- Righteous Unity of Trust
- Guild 91

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 am

Probation Update

1. Amazonian Clans of Valorn have passed the limit for activity, but nobody contacted me to discuss the situation. I will therefore keep you on probation until I'm satisfied you're taking it seriously. If you do not contact me you will go into stage 2 probation.

2. GOLD were on stage 1 probation but are leaderless, and nobody has contacted for leadership. You will be deleted soon unless you message me at character 24. If you do contact me, you will be in stage 2 probation as you are still not meeting activity criteria.

3. The following guilds are now ON PROBATION for inactivity, having previously been safe. Please message me at char 24 to discuss this.
- Shieldwall (second time)

4. The following guild is on stage 2 probation and will be disbanded soon unless the guild approaches me as I requested when you went onto stage 1 probation.
- Kindred Spirits

5. The following guilds have now been disbanded.
- Company of Aurulent Dawn
- Hammers of Trinald
- Legion of the Silver Sword

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:38 am

Probation Update

1. Shieldwall is off probation. Huzzah.

2. Kindred Spirits are going to be disbanded, because nobody seems to care that they were on stage 2 probation. If you have a reason for this let me know, if I don't get a PM from you soon the guild will be gone.

3. AVE is now on probation. This concerns me, though I suspected it might be the case before I even ran numbers tonight. Perhaps the leader would like to contact me to discuss this situation.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:38 pm

It's been too long since I did this.

The following guilds are now ON PROBATION for inactivity. The guild leader should contact me as soon as possible to discuss how you will sort this problem out. Either PM me at character 24 or email me at [email protected]

1. Trinald United.
2. The Order of the Silver Wolf.
3. Honor.

Alliance of Valornian Explorers is now on STAGE TWO PROBATION. I had hoped, given that it has been 10 months since you went on probation, I'd find a better situation this time. Could the leader please also contact me as a matter of some urgency, as you now have very limited time to get this sorted.

If you are in one of these guilds, and the leader is not around, someone else should contact me. (I don't want a flood of messages though, one per guild is adequate.) I will seriously consider disbanding any guild who does not respond.

M.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm

As you know, I have put the ability to form new guilds back into the game. That doesn't mean I'm not still keeping a close eye on all guilds. Here is an update of the probation status mentioned in February.

AVE have been moved back into Stage 1 probation as activity levels have raised. This has primarily been through bringing back older players, which is great. The challenge will be for the guild to maintain and slowly increase the current level of activity, as the danger will be that those older players may trail away again. I'm really pleased there are improvements here. If things continue like this, they will then come off probation. If they slip back, they will go back into stage 2.

Trinald United will soon be disbanded, as nobody from the guild has contacted me to discuss the probation situation. I will give a grace period of a week or so to make sure nobody from the guild is going to get in touch, and then the guild will be dissolved with no further warning if there is no contact.

OSW is being moved into STAGE 2 probation, and now has limited time to resolve the issue (without the mass recruitment of new characters) before disbandment.

Honor will remain in stage 1 probation. Although they should now be in stage 2, it has taken me some time to consider recent contact from their leader and therefore it would not be right for me to put them straight into stage 2. Their leader should contact me to discuss this step, by sending a PM to character 24 rather than further emails. They will be invited to discuss it when we are both in game.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I have spent some time looking at the current guilds, to see what our probation status is like.

OFF PROBATION
1) AVE (Alliance of Valornian Explorers) - This is really borderline. You need to increase activity, or it will slide back into probation.

STAGE 1 PROBATION
1) Honor - You are doing well. You just need to sustain this level of activity and you will come off probation in the next count.
2) ACV -Amazonian Clans of Valorn - You are very borderline. You don't have a good record of contacting to discuss this, please do so or you will move on to the next stage quickly.
3) GORE - Guardians of the Realm Elite
4) KoV - Knights of the Vow - This is the SECOND time on probation for you.

STAGE 2 PROBATION
No guilds are currently on stage 2 probation.

The following guilds will be DISBANDED:
1) Order of the Silver Wolf

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm

It's been six months or so, definitely time for a guilds probation update.

OFF PROBATION
1) Honor
2) GoRE
I'm so very pleased for both guilds! Try and keep it up.

1st STAGE PROBATION

1) Twenty Two
2) Circle of Eternity
Please contact me to discuss.

2nd STAGE PROBATION
1) Knights of the Vow
2) Amazonian Clans of Valorn
You MUST contact me to discuss, or face automatic disbandment.

To contact me to talk about a guild issue, please message me in game on character 24. If you don't hear back from me in a few days, you may also want to back it up with a quick email to [email protected]

I would like to emphasize that it does not need to be the guild leader who contacts me, not even an officer. If you are concerned because you haven't seen your leader or an officer around, please do get in touch. That goes for ANY guild, not just ones on probation. Your contact could mean that you don't go on probation next time, so don't feel bad about talking to me about it.

Thanks,
M.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 pm

It's been 4 months or so, and I’ve been asked to post a guild probation update.

OFF PROBATION
1) 22
2) Circle of Eternity
Excellent work from both guilds! Try and keep it up.

1st STAGE PROBATION
1) AVE
2) Honor
3) The Learned
4) New Era
5) STAND
Please contact me to discuss.

There are currently no guilds in 2nd STAGE PROBATION

Given a one month extension due to discussion with administration:
1) Amazonian Clans of Valorn

Knights of the Vow - disbanded by leader

To contact me to talk about a guild issue, please message me in game on character 37. If you don't hear back from me in a few days, you may also want to back it up with a quick email to the general mailbox [email protected] or [email protected]

Contact doesn’t have to be made by a guild leader or even an officer. If you are concerned because you haven't seen your leader or an officer around, please do get in touch. That goes for ANY guild, not just ones on probation. Your contact could mean that you don't go on probation next time, so don't feel bad about talking to me about it.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Mon May 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Just a quick update on probation.

Congratulations to AVE, Honor, The Learned and New Era for being off probation. Keep it up so you don't slip back when we check again in a few months.

1st STAGE PROBATION
1) GoRE
2) Circle of Eternity
3) ACV
Please contact me to discuss

2nd STAGE PROBATION
1) STAND - you have a week to make contact with myself (char 24) or Jane (char 37)

If you need to you can email [email protected]. If no Officers or Guild Leaders are around, any concerned member can contact us about this.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Congratulations to ACV and GORE who are off probation now. Keep it up and don't slip back.

1st STAGE PROBATION
1) Protectors of Valorn. You have very low activity and no guild leader active. Please contact me or Jane to discuss this as soon as possible.

2nd STAGE PROBATION
1) Circle of Eternity. You have one week to contact myself or Jane. If you do not contact us within that time, we may disband you.

If you need to you can email [email protected]. If no Officers or Guild Leaders are around, any concerned member can contact us about this.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”