Major Maint

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Natasha
Worldbuilder

Major Maint

Postby Natasha » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Sometime in the next few days the servers may have to be brought down for maint. This may involve something as simple as a HD swap, or as time consuming as having to change the dns records and wait for them to spread across the net.
--------------------
Super quiet admin
Server/Programmer
No, I'm not new :)

Natasha
Worldbuilder

Re: Major Maint

Postby Natasha » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:49 am

For those who haven't realized it yet, www1 and www2 swapped places. As www2 was running a slightly different version of code there are likely to be a few hiccups, but most of them are going to be easy to iron out once discovered. Luckily our backup system made a switch fairly easy and nothing was lost by the main server failing. For now you can still reach www2 which is now the old server, but do so at your own risk. It could very well chew you to pieces at it fails :) If you notice files missing, let us know through the proper board so we can get them from the backup.
--------------------
Super quiet admin
Server/Programmer

Natasha
Worldbuilder

Re: Major Maint

Postby Natasha » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:16 pm

It looks like the majority of the issues have calmed down. Even though we recovered from this fairly simply, I'm keeping notes on the quirks that show up when DG is migrated to a new server and its actually helping me on some of the scalability work I've been doing. If you're still seeing issues, make sure its been posted in the bugs forum. If its not, then I don't know about it. I'm too busy working on the system to play it through and notice the differences, I need help from those who come across an issue and know DG well enough to know its new.
--------------------
Super quiet admin
Server/Programmer

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”