Fake guild forums... beware!!!

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Fake guild forums... beware!!!

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:30 am

Just wanted to talk a little security with you...

This is spurred by a new wave of "fake" Dark Grimoire sites, including a help site and a "guild" site run by a person who was banned. Guy is basically an obsessed nut-job... but I digress...

A lot of people use the same password for everything online. This is INCREDIBLY dangerous. For instance, if you were to sign up on this guy's fake guild site (or any guild site for that matter) with the same password as you use on DG, the person running the guild site forums could theoretically go into his own forum database, retrieve the password, and then hijack your DG account. You should never give out your Dark Grimoire password to other sites, even guild sites you trust.

Please be careful... and watch out for fake DG websites. All officially sanctioned sites are listed on the LINKS page here at darkgrimoire.com. If a link is not on there, I suggest you do not go to it. If you are a guild leader, I suggest you submit your link to us so you can get on that list.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”