ANOTHER note about roleplaying with NPCs

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

ANOTHER note about roleplaying with NPCs

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:55 am

Yes, gods control MOST NPCs (believe it or not, some exceptional players are being recruited to run some NPCs. Another reason to kiss my hiney!!!). But that doesn't mean that when you talk to an NPC you should treat that NPC like a god or go talking about how a god is walking around. It ISN'T a god, unless it is Ben, Cory, Xia or Carol..... it is an Iron Knight or the Archmage of Ryndall or the greatest thief in the land, NOT a god.

Thats like if people were talking to you and insisted on treating your 34th level Cleric as a Dental Hygenist because in real life you are a Dental Hygenist. How fun would that be? NOT FUN.

When an NPC is trolling around, treat it as if the NPC is his own person, because that is how NPCs are played. Make sense? The role-playing part in "Role-playing Game" stands for.... you guessed it.... role-playing.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:04 am

BTW, I'm not saying I am a god in real life... its just that NPCs have three layers (real person -> god account -> character (NPC)), while PCs only have two layers (real person -> character (PC)). Anyways, most of you probably understood that at a basic level anyways... but just so nobody gets offended. ;)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”