Harrassing annoying people to prove a point = not okay

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Harrassing annoying people to prove a point = not okay

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:06 am

No matter HOW ANNOYING SOMEBODY IS, you CANNOT use vigilante tactics to try to prove some kind of moronic, sophomoric point in the game.

This week we had a player who chose to target a particular character in the game because that other character is reportedly "bad" or "annoying" or something. I guess they though it was okay to mock and attack somebody, if that character is disliked by a certain group or even everybody...... the player who did this was sorely mistaken, as is everybody who supported her and her idiotic attempts.

It has nothing to do with favoritism or anything like that... it has to do with the rules, which say you "may not harass people," which is pretty darn clear. Does anybody not understand that this "no harassment" thing DOES INCLUDE not writing things about people in their profile, and DOES INCLUDE not posting really horrible, poorly written poetry? Also, it does include not dancing around like a drunken trout trying to make excuses like, "well I didn't mention any specific NAMES, so......" These are stupid excuses, and practically nobody in this game is stupid enough to believe them, and it is an insult to the player's own "intelligence" that she made them.

The player who did this basically proved one point... that SHE is the one who is a disease among the populace. Which is quite funny because her attempts were designed around making somebody else look bad. SHE is the one spreading rumors and whining over PMs and other chat, desperately looking for people to side or agree with her. SHE is the one who was PETTY and CHILDISH enough to post some stupid statement and really bad poetry on her profile, and to leave it up and try to find loopholes when she was told to take it off. Basically, she is a rulebreaking, obnoxious, adolescent fool of a cyber bully who epitomizes everything she apparently saw in the person she was attacking through her obnoxious, adolescent actions. Just how miserable does your life have to be that you spend your valuable time trying to make somebody else miserable????

Worse... it appears some people are/were cheering her on. What does that say about you? Another thing our player didn't like about the particular character she was attacking is how that character attracted a small gang of loyal people who would do whatever she said. Again, the player is to be congratulated for attaining exactly what she hated in her apparent nemesis... a small gang of fools following her around and supporting her obnoxiousness. How boring and sad does your life have to be that you utlize your time in my awesome universe spreading rumors and hate about other people over your private messages... people who you could easily avoid and never really have to talk to, either in cyberspace OR reality.

Yes, you could just stay away. I don't know about everybody else, but there are MANY people in the world who annoy me. However, I don't go out of my way to bug them or instigate problems with them... do you know what I do? I just simply stay away from them. If I have to interact with them, I do so quickly and efficiently and move on. Maybe you all could do the same, when faced with somebody in-game, rather than resorting to childish idiocy like the person I am about to ban.

Yeah, I'm sure she will continue her rallying and childish, moronic, teen-angst gang-building through instant messaging programs since she is banned now. "Ben is mean and stupid." "See how [blanky] has Ben in her pocket? I TOLD you she is evil!!!" "bla bla bla bla bla bla blabitty bla". You can either do that, and continue to "enjoy" it, or your could get a life and move on. GROW THE HECK UP, because right now you are basically exactly the person who you think you don't like. Perhaps you don't like her because you are so similar?

And, future people she is going to talk to: if you want to feel good about yourselves, when she comes and continues this ridiculousness to you over Yahoo or MSN or whatever, how about you, for once, stand up and just say, "you know? It DOESN'T MATTER! So what if [blanky] is annoying? That doesn't give YOU a right to be even more annoying in return." Try it. You might suddenly feel a swell of maturity inside you, if you say "I'm not listening to this gossip hullaballoo nonsense... I have better things to do."

Good luck. One person has been banned tonight for being such a childish drama queen that she ended up breaking the rules and mocking the system because she lacks the mental and emotional self control to just leave people alone instead of being an emotional cyber bully. I see many others on the same path. Play in peace.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”