People begging for real life money

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

People begging for real life money

Postby Ben » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:19 pm

There has been a spat of one or more individuals PMing other players asking for real-world money paid through PayPal. This falls under the clear auspices of harassment. If somebody PMs you out of the blue and asks you for money, send us a contact email and we will take care of the obnoxious person. Of course, you may want to be nice and point out this thread to them before you report them, but that choice is really up to you.

Homeless folks beg for money because they are out on the street and that is what they do. However, if a person has enough money to be on a computer and to have a PayPal account, there is no reason they should be here in this game bugging people for cash.

Note that the practice of donating premium to people, or the practice of trading premium payments for platinum, are NOT against the rules in and of themselves. We encourage you to buy premium for your friends and comrades if you desire to do so.

This is very much like the "vote swapping" situation, in that doing this sort of thing might be just fine... but if you start randomly messaging people and one of them is annoyed, they are free to report you and have you banned. If I needed to borrow a few bucks, I would ask my family and friends... I would NOT start randomly stopping people on the street like some hobo.

Capiche?
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:40 pm

Furthermore, if somebody offers you money for plat, or plat for money, and then they subsequently run off with your stuff without finishing the transaction, it is your own fool fault. Yeah, and not only will I not care at all, but if you are stupid enough to come to me and say "ben! ben! bob offered me 1000 plat for $10... I paid him and now he won't give me my plat!" I will ban you BOTH for being idiots and for annoying me.

Do you really know the people on this site? Do you really trust them (outside maybe your guild and circle of friends)? Why the heck would you just pay them cash over paypal for fake money that doesn't even exist anywhere? With a push of a button, I can delete all the platinum in your account. It is not real. Personally, I currently have 5,200,000,000+ platinum. Did I work for it? No... I pushed a button and it appeared.

ONCE AGAIN, paying for your friends' premium... or even trading that service for plat... is perfectly fine, and is quite different than running a racket where you trade real money for fake money. What I am talking about here is situations where some person you don't know well comes up to you and starts trying to make some sort of deal.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:19 pm

Anybody who exchanges real money for plat with Albell Nox or any of his alternates will have their platinum set to zero and all their items and potions taken away from them. =)
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:40 pm

Okay, basically the situation is this.

1) Albell is a moron.

2) Albell is leaving the game, but wants to collect as much real-world money as he can before he goes by trading what is essentially worthless stuff to him (stuff that exists in a game he no longer wishes to play) for real-world money.

3) His secondary goal to is become banned, since he is planning on quitting anyways. That way he can leave as a famed banned person instead of just a person who stopped playing.

4) Albell, sadly, no longer has any platinum left to sell anybody, because it was all donated to the Balthazar-killed-my-entire-family Memorial Orphans' Fund.

5) Albell is a moron.

Hope this answers the questions of people who have been asking me questions.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:53 pm

Albell is okay now, although anybody caught trading platinum for real life money with him will still be utterly destroyed.

But if you are his friend, feel free to help him out, because he truly is a penniless hobo now. ;) But only do so if you are a true friend.... and keep in mind that if you gave him Platinum in the past to "help" him in his "adventuring", he most likely actually used it to sell to some other poor sap for cold, hard cash.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:48 pm

There still seems to be some confusion on this.

It is PERFECTLY FINE to buy somebody else premium time. That is why we put the links there. It is also perfectly fine to trade something for that premium.

The only thing that is not fine, and is what Albell got in trouble for, is running around asking random people to Paypal you money or to sign you up for premium. This is called spamming, and it is obnoxious. If Albell had merely asked a friend of his, who is in his guild and he talks to all the time, to pay for his premium, that would be okay. It would even be okay if Albell gave that friend 5000 plat or whatever in trade. But instead he messaged 20-40 people who he barely knew, asking if they wanted to trade $ for P. Does everybody see the difference?

I am posting this because some people seem to now be afraid of paying for somebody else's premium because they think it is against the rules. It is perfectly OKAY. Just don't go around spamming people trying to hunt somebody down to give you money. Like everything else in DG, it is much easier to find help in paying for premium if you are a helpful, friendly person who creates lasting relationships with other players.
Ben

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”