Reminder about not copying our stuff...

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Reminder about not copying our stuff...

Postby Ben » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:23 pm

This is a reminder that any text that appears on our website is our property and may not be copied elsewhere, including guild forums, dgplayers forums, and game guides. That includes things like room descriptions, item description, spell descriptions, <<<<ANNIA SOCRATA JOURNALS>>>> etc.. Please respect our property if you wish to remain a part of The Dark Grimoire.
Last edited by Ben on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:40 pm

NOTES: By Copy, I mean just that... copying the actual thing that it says. You can, of course, discuss what is contained in any description in your own words, or use the name of things.

For instance, say there is an item called:

Sword of Truthstuff
This sword is blue and black like a bruise. It makes people tell the truth if you point it at them. It does not work on adventurers greater than level 40.

If you went and pasted any of that word for word, it would be a violation. However, if you made a post on a board like:

"Hey, have you seen that sword of truthstuff? Interesting about how it can make people tell the truth. I wonder how that works? Does anybody know?"

That is discussion in your own words.

Hope that helps with any confusion.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 am

By 'if you want to remain a part of DG' I mean I will ban you without any warnings if I find out you posted our copyrighted material elsewhere.

You see, this POST is your warning, and if somebody is too dumb to read the announcements forum, than they deserve to get banned banned banned.

I LOVE TO BAN.
Ben

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”