On Ethucan Royalty

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

On Ethucan Royalty

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:37 pm

The Ethucan characters are being roleplayed to the fullest. If they are not convinced opening their borders to Valorn is in their best interests by your characters behavior, attitudes, etc, then Ethucan will not ever be opened. FYI. =) You control your own destiny here. These are foreigners with different beliefs, values, and history. Tread carefully... a few bad seeds could ruin it for all. Or maybe just themselves. Heck, it could just all be accidental. =D Faux Paux or whatever that goofy French word is. I don't speak French.

These people have been through a lot and live in a completely different place. It will take all YOUR roleplaying skills to remember you are a citizen of Valorn and that they are citizens of Ethucan, and to not slip into roles generated by your beliefs, values, and lifestyle in the Real World in America, Britain, or any other place.

That is, after all, what roleplaying is all about. I have no idea how this will turn out. I guess if worse comes to worse I won't have to build Ethucan. hehehe
Last edited by Ben on Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:25 pm

P.S. This message is in NO WAY a reflection on how thing have gone "thus far". Its just an announcement for the way this particular "event" is being run.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:28 pm

..... and yes, no matter how swimmingly things go, the entirety of Ethucan is still MONTHS away from completion. Just though I should re-mention that again since my posts above hint and opening-ness.

The thing about MMORPGs is we can assume our players are here to "live" as their characters for months or years, so we are perfectly happy in letting things develop slowly and methodically.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:54 pm

---DIPLOMACY UPDATE (based on hearsay)---

The party has returned to Ethucan. Gossip from Valornian castle and temple staff is that the Empress enjoyed her visit. There were a few problems that have led the Guards to be leery of a couple guilds and a few players, and those people and guilds may find it hard to enter Ethucan later on, but Valorn as a whole was impressive.

Also, although contact with enchanters was minimal, they did note that they were not attacked once by any of the "murdering psychopaths", which I am pretty sure you could put down as a positive.

---DIPLOMACY REPORT (based on hearsay)---

NOTABLY IMPRESSIVE:
Rose, King Deek

BOTHERSOME:
Aurora Frostmourne (made idle threats / enchanter sympathizer)

MARKED DOWN AS "VERY POSSIBLY DANGEROUS TO THE SECURITY OF ETHUCAN":
The Order of Unholy Imps (made threats / enchanter sympathizers), Isfirn Valkyrie (attempted to physically attacked the Royal Guards, albeit quite ineffectively)
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:21 pm

Aaronar and Terragor's refusal to back down and leave the Empress in peace have resulted in Ethucan completely closing their borders to any and all Valornians. The number of enchanters running around loose on Valornian soil had them nervous to begin with... but the enchanters' increasing stubborness and refusal to respect the customs of Ethucan and the Empress herself, who basically had everyone she ever knew and loved slaughtered by enchanters just a few years ago, by just leaving them in peace has caused her to completely discard the idea of diplomacy and trade with Valorn.
Ben

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”