Some notes about Constables

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Some notes about Constables

Postby Ben » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:59 am

Constables are NOT admins. They are just players who, in their spare time, follow a very strict list of guidelines made by me to warn and mute people who are breaking the game rules. They do not get to make rules or dictate policy. They merely provide a service when they are out and about, and that is all.

What a constable does when he or she is not warning or muting somebody for breaking a rule is their own business. As players, they must follow the game rules just like everybody else. I have warned and I think even muted constables in the past, as I have normal players.

Admins are a completely different story. Some of us admins play as normal characters. But even when we are, we are bound by our duty as admins... unlike constables. But there are very few of us active right now. (Just Cory, Darren, Julia, Xia and myself.)

Now that that is clarified, I would also like to remind everybody that confronting a constable about a warning or muting is against the rules. If you have a problem with a constable, you should contact the admins through the contact email... but do realize that if you were breaking any kind of rule in any, even small, way, you will really have no reason to complain. I hesitate in saying this, because I am afraid that this will lead to everybody who is warned messaging me......

so don't. Constables are, as far as I know, almost always right. I think I have disagreed with a warning ONCE, and even then it wasn't retracted because it was a close call and, after all, it was only a warning.

So please realize the extent of the constables duty, and please act respectfully and with understanding if you happen to be warned or muted. Take a step away from the computer if you need to. Don't bring further pain by breaking even more rules.

Thanks.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”