Lost Items/Potions/Money etc

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Lost Items/Potions/Money etc

Postby Ben » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:18 pm

People seem to be dropping a lot of swords and money over the side of cliffs and stuff lately, so I thought I'd take a sec to write on the subject...

While we would like to be able to help the nice players who lose items, money, potions, etc because of honest mistakes that they made, there are certain reasons why we cannot.

Some people would lie. Why I do believe everybody who has come to me so far over the many months about accidentally deleted items and such, there exists the possibility that somebody could come and lie to the admins about a lost item, potions, or money. Really, there is no way for us to tell if somebody REALLY lost 1000 platinum on accident, or if they are making the whole story up... EXCEPT to try to guess based on our personal knowledge of that particular person.

As a pseudo-business, we really cannot be put in a position where we have to decide based on our opinions of peoples' personalities like that. So we must treat everybody the same in this area. Not to mention that Cory and I are already incredibly strapped for time just trying to keep this game running some weeks. We just don't have time to run around investigating potential losses and compensating people who we deem to be "honest"...and if we started handing out money and potions without investigating, the liers WOULD come out of the woodwork for their freebies.

Now, things that are lost because of a confirmed bug in the game, such as the recent loss of all titles, are a different story. If there were a platinum bug that drained peoples' accounts, we would be much more likely to replace the lost items... because it was a result of an error in our programming. But, in cases of user-error, it is more fair of us... in the long run... to have you accept your losses. I apologize, and realize this will bug some people, but I hope you can understand the reasoning.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”