No alcohol or role playing drinking alcohol

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

No alcohol or role playing drinking alcohol

Postby Miranda of Admin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:14 pm

I have been contacted by the ESRB. They are unhappy that alcohol is being virtually sold as it gives players under the legal drinking age the opportunity to role play drunk. Although I have protested the decision, in order to avoid having to have an official age rating on the game that would be much higher than we as Admin want, I have to remove all alcohol from the game forthwith.

As of today, all drinks in game will be pre-fixed by "Alcohol-Free."

While I do not encourage ranting on the forum I would appreciate feedback for this so that I can send a polite reply with player feedback to the board in question. I will start a thread in contests and events, please feel free to comment there.

M.

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: No alcohol or role playing drinking alcohol

Postby Zeric of Admin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:23 am

Our new friends at the ESRB have relented on their demands, and all alcoholic drinks have been restored.

And for those of you wondering, yes, it was 6am on April 1st in Australia when this change came into effect, and it has been undone now that April 1st is over worldwide.

Funny, that.

- Z

(Muhahaha. I know we got some of you...)

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”