Do you want to be an Admin?

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Do you want to be an Admin?

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm considering expanding the Admin team, and would like to do this in a much less closed-door way than is traditional here at DG. I suspect there is a world of talent out in the DG community of which we are not fully aware. If you are interested in the possibility, then read on...

Firstly I should state that if you do decide to register your interest, there is absolutely no guarantee that you will be asked to become an Admin. I anticipate a wide range of responses, and I will only be considering people as and when the need arises. I may also ask if you are interested in helping with a specific event or piece of work rather than becoming a full-on Admin.

It must also be stated that Admin positions are voluntary (and therefore not recompensed.) You have to be willing to put in time and energy for nothing but the love of the game. You will also need a sense of humor, a healthy dose of common sense, imagination, and the ability to withstand criticism.

To apply, please send an email to [email protected] - any replies on this forum, other than general questions, will disqualify you on the grounds that you are lacking the ability to follow instructions (which counts as the aforementioned common sense.) There is no deadline to this, anyone can email at any time and I will add your information for future consideration.

YOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN YOUR EMAIL.

1. Main character name and number.

2. Time zone in which you live (please don't give us your address.)

3. Amount of time you can reasonably dedicate to DG per week.

4. What RPG experience you have, be it as a player, moderator, admin or other.

5. Please decide which fields would interest you most out of the following (you can choose more than one) and include the relevant information or attachments:
a) Writing (worldbuilding.) Please include a sample or samples of your work, which should include some sample areas for DG.
b) Art (icons, game design.) Please include a sample or samples of your work, which should include some DG-inspired art.
c) Roleplay (NPCs.) Please send a sample of how you would roleplay any existing NPC within the game (not including gods and goddesses.)
d) Technical (coding, server maintenance.) Please include a full list of your skills -- but please don't include things you can do 'a bit' or 'could learn.'

6. Tell us why you would like to work with us.

7. Looking to the future, how would you most like to see DG develop?

Any samples you send will not be used without your permission. I look forward to reading your emails!

Miranda.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: Do you want to be an Admin?

Postby Miranda of Admin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:29 pm

I would just like to emphasize that this is an open application process. Anyone can apply at any time. It's the equivalent of me keeping your details on file, then when a new god could be useful I will look at who has applied, weigh up their merits and choose accordingly. I would also like to point out that when you don't hear back immediately, it means nothing. Your application will be sitting in my goddessly filing cabinet in Sunrifter. Even if other gods are appointed and you aren't, the application will remain there - perhaps I was looking for a role play admin, for example, but your main skill is writing. That said, I am encouraging as many applications as possible and you are a very talented bunch, so please don't be offended if you are not one of the very few who become admin.

On a side note I am thrilled that many of your answers to how you would like DG to develop closely match ideas that we already have. It means that we are heading along the right tracks.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”