Player-run sites: dgplayers / dgsites - links in profiles

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Player-run sites: dgplayers / dgsites - links in profiles

Postby Miranda of Admin » Mon May 20, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks to some dedicated players, DGPlayers is now back up and running. Hopefully it will be slightly more reliable than before. You may now post links to DGPlayers in your profiles once again. If you require hosting from them, please contact them in the same way as always -- if I hear that they change contact details, I will let you know.

Another player also stepped in to help when DGPlayers looked like it would no longer exist. They have created DG Sites (DGS) which also offers hosting. It is not 'finished' yet; the bare bones are there but the design hasn't been put in place yet. Don't be put off by the plain home page as it won't stay that way. The whole site will be subject to some change as it grows and develops, and as the developer irons out bugs. They offer two types of service. The first is some space, which needs some technical know-how. They also offer a pre-set system that you can control, with built-in aspects like forum and news. Links on DGS will also be allowed in profiles.** You can visit them here: http://www.dgsites.org/
If you wish to avail yourself of those services, please contact [email protected]

I would just like to reiterate that these websites are not run by us. We have no input into them at all, and in the event of funding running out / nobody to Admin the sites etc, we cannot do much about it. However, I would also like to thank everybody who is involved in these websites for their dedication to DG!

M.

** It is not my intention to have several different player-run affiliated sites. However, having had lengthy discussion with the player in charge of DGSites, and having agreed that if the site is properly monitored and maintained we would allow links in profiles, I am not going to withdraw that agreement now that DGPlayers has been brought back from the brink of extinction. I encourage players to look at and consider both sites equally.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”