From the Mailbag - FAQ

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

From the Mailbag - FAQ

Postby Jane of Admin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 pm

We get asked some things frequently at our email addresses, so it is probably better to answer here. This way they will reach a larger audience and serve as a more permanent form of reference. You'll see the questions here and you may click on the link to go to the specific answers.

List of questions in this thread and links to answers.

• Where do I report kill stealing? answer here
  • X got a scroll of a blessing/enchantment, read it, and can’t find it in their blessing/enchantment list. What’s going on?
    or
    Can X turn in a crystal for a blessing/enchantment scroll if they’re not in the profession? Does something awful happen if they do? answer here
  • I have nobility and it’s going to expire in X days. What happens to my stuff in the bank? Can I still wear all my items? What happens to my blessings, enchantments, whatever? answer here
  • Why is it harder to find crystals now?
    Or
    Why do the elucidators give certain blessings/enchantments more? answer here

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Re: From the Mailbag - FAQ

Postby Jane of Admin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 am

Question:
Where do I report kill stealing?

Answer:
Fighting a creature does not make it yours; if you retreat from a creature, there is no reservation sign on it saying it is yours. While the phrase “kill stealing” generally refers to someone finishing off a creature another is battling, it is not against game rules as can be seen here

Following someone around to kill everything they are fighting can be considered harassment. Sending multiple harassing messages to the individual who killed something you were fighting or setting others to do the same can also be considered harassment and reported as the same. Let's keep harassment reports low and not panic, complain, or agitate if someone kills one or two creatures you were fighting. If you believe harassment is going on, by all means report it to us so it may be looked into.

"Kill stealing" per se is not a game rule offense. It might not be liked by some, but it is not against the rules.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 am

This question comes in several forms:

X got a scroll of a blessing/enchantment, read it, and can’t find it in their blessing/enchantment list. What’s going on?
or
Can X turn in a crystal for a blessing/enchantment scroll if they’re not in the profession? Does something awful happen if they do?

Answer:
Once a blessing/enchantment scroll is used, the blessing or ability becomes part of the character. While it might not be able to be accessed due to level or profession it is there. When the character reaches the appropriate level/becomes the appropriate profession it will appear on the list of options for blessings/enchantments.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 am

Question:
I have nobility and it’s going to expire in X days. What happens to my stuff in the bank? Can I still wear all my items? What happens to my blessings, enchantments, whatever?

Answer:
When your character loses nobility due to subscription lapsing your items in the bank do not disappear. You are still able to access your bank; however, you may not add new items to the bank. (You’ve dropped from 40 bank slots to 1.) If you remove an item you cannot return it to the bank.

Items that require nobility are automatically stripped from being equipped. They are still in your inventory. This can change your stats as some items change your stats if you have them equipped.

Your blessings, enchantments, whatever remain. You cannot access noble only areas so if you get new crystals you may not be able to exchange them.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 am

There are several versions of this question:
Why is it harder to find crystals now?
Or
Why do the elucidators give certain blessings/enchantments more?

Answer:
The chance of a crystal drop has not been reduced on the creatures that may possess them. Elucidators have the same percent chance to drop each of the scrolls they carry. The ‘luck of the draw’ as it is sometimes called happens to everyone. It is very possible for someone to take 5 crystals to the same Elucidator and get 5 different scrolls and someone else to get 5 copies of the same. Your percentage chance of getting a particular scroll does not increase or decrease based on what you already have.

When the last round of new enchantments/spells were added to the game, the chance of getting them for the first day or so was increased. That went back to the normal percentages after that.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”