All my news

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

All my news

Postby Miranda of Admin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 am

Well hello, how lovely to be with you again. I feel like giving you all a large goddess-ly hug (the hug being large, not me. Of course.) Very uncharacteristic of me, I'm sure.

Anyway, the last few months have been quite difficult, and this is the first day I've been able to work on anything to do with DG in some time. I will give you some of the reasons, in case any of you are interested. I will be more frank than I would have been ordinarily, and hope you won't mind.

1) My day job - which is quite pressured at the best of times - has been under threat since April. A sign of the times and cost-cutting all over, I suppose, but very stressful and it has necessitated working days for me which are generally about 12-14 hours long, in order for me to prove that they can't actually manage without me. This is still a bit up in the air but looking a bit more positive than it was previously.

2) I'm having a baby. I wouldn't have shared that until the impending bundle has actually arrived, and even then would have been in passing, but you do deserve to know the reasons when things in DG slow down and this was a fairly major factor. My energy hasn't been quite as high as it would have otherwise been, on top of everything else, and there have been some short hospital visits in the last couple of months. The little demi-god is due next month so I'm sure you will be forgiving when I have to disappear off for a bit longer, but I will do what I can before and after arrival. I'm rather looking forward to maternity leave, and hope to dedicate part of it to DG... baby in one hand, Valorn in the other.

3) During a hospital visit a couple of months ago, some kind local burglar decided to break into our home and relieve us of some of our possessions. This included, presumably because they felt a pregnant lady shouldn't be burdened by work, my laptop and external hard drive. Aside from therefore taking both copies of all my work to do with my daily profession that has been created over the last six years, they also removed my ability to get online. The insurance company were very pleasant, but not exactly speedy. I have genuinely had no access to anything I needed to manage DG for far too many weeks.

Anyway, as I said, it's great to be back. It will just take me a little while to catch up on mail, guilds, and all the other things that have stalled somewhat. Jane and I will also talk about Fall Festival (coming soon) and plot etc, and keep you updated.

Jane deserves huge thanks for keeping things ticking on while I'm not here. Next time she drops her hammer on one of you or breaks something, I might just turn a blind eye in gratitude.

Thanks to all of you as well, honestly, for your continued patience and support.

M.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”