9 adventurers who lost levels

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

9 adventurers who lost levels

Postby Miranda of Admin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 pm

This is primarily for those nine characters who lost levels a couple of months back. It has been brought to my attention that one or more of you feel that this was unfair as you did not have the choice whether or not you were going to participate in this particular bit of plot development, and it certainly had quite an effect on your characters. In this sense it was unlike a raid etc where you would choose whether or not to have your character attend and fight. Considering that you did not have the choice to back out, the loss of multiple levels has been a steep 'punishment' (though it certainly wasn't intended as such.) I realize that waiting to see how this pans out, given that it has been hinted at that it could take an entire Summer to play out fully, is a long time to ask you to wait on the off chance that you would be reimbursed in some manner for the loss of these levels. If any of you therefore are unhappy about the loss of levels, and would rather not have taken part in that part of the plot if you had known what it would entail, please let me know via email ([email protected]) and I will consider the situation.

On the other hand, if you have taken this and developed your character around these events, and set off to level up again with no bitterness in your mind (you the player, I wouldn't be astounded if your affected character was somewhat bitter!) then good on you, and who knows how this will develop.

Regardless, do not feel bad about contacting me and telling me that you are not happy about having had this roleplay thrust upon you.

Miranda.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”