MASS BANNING

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

MASS BANNING

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:24 am

I hate it when I have to ban people, and when there are several involved that's even worse. I appreciate that it can be confusing when people you play with, characters you are fond of, disappear without a word to you. For that reason, because there are so many involved here (it's very complicated) I have decided to open up about it on the forum. I can only hope that you will appreciate this, and will understand that I don't ban without good reason. There have been fewer and fewer in the last couple of years, which makes this even more upsetting.

There are 4 players involved in this mess, and I am going to list the characters they have over different accounts. I normally would never divulge alts, but I feel this situation warrants it. I also mention any guilds the character is affiliated with, so that they can amend their forums accordingly.

PLAYER 1
Oscar Twosword - PoV
Talbot Wanderer - SR
Rascoh - CoE
Kallan Ravenwing - PoV
Jebediah Wanderer - unguilded
Panya Silea - ACV

PLAYER 2
Selskin Flip - POV
Stark Fisher - unguilded

PLAYER 3
Chastity Heartwind - unguilded
Sabrina Dreamchaser - SR
Hope Winters - OSW
Kayla Lynn - unguilded
Faith Lightstone - TU
Destiny Trueheart - TU
Mayla Rose - unguilded

PLAYER 4
Ushiba - OSW
Taiga - TU
Harry Wulf - TU
Rhi Bran - unguilded

So why have they all been banned? Okay, here goes.

Player 3 was using their different chars to create a lot of drama and upset with people, using her chars to play people off against each other - of course, nobody really knew they were the same person. Very manipulative, actually. In addition, Player 3 was having sex and using explicit language in game. This was reported, as was the upset one particular character was causing.

Player 1 was one of the characters that Player 3 was involved with sexually AND I had been watching him for some time due to a suspicion that SEVERAL OF HIS CHARACTERS were also having sex in game. This was confirmed after some deep research and checks.

Player 4, very sadly, has done nothing wrong (as far as I can tell.) However, in real life, he is involved with Player 3. Because they use the same IPs to log on, according to the rules laid out by Ben and endorsed by me, you cannot use the 'it was my brother / cousin / boyfriend' excuse. I have had to ban Player 4, because I need to make sure that the manipulative and predatory Player 3 does not return. If I allow part of one household to play, and not the other, I couldn't keep track of that. To keep the kids here safe, I need to be able to know that Player 3 can't return.

Player 2, finally, was a player who was banned rather a long time ago (Corkle.) Banned players are not allowed to return as they are banned for a GOOD REASON. As a final nail in Player 3's coffin, Player 2 told Player 3 exactly who she was, and that she was banned from the game. Player 3 chose not to report it. As you know, that carries a penalty of banning.

That's all the detail I'm prepared to give at this time. If you have concerns, please contact me at the admin email address. I might notice if you PM me, but it is entirely possible I will not.

Thank you for reading this, and for understanding the main point -- I am not out to spoil your fun, but I AM here to keep the community safe.

M.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”