Recent use of other people's materials

Look here for helpful lists and general announcements from the Admin team, INCLUDING THE GAME RULES.
Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Recent use of other people's materials

Postby Jane of Admin » Sun May 09, 2010 5:09 pm

This game is many things to many people, and I am glad to see that people enjoy it.

Due to several recent incidents, I would like to remind the community as a whole that taking other people's work and using them as yours is not acceptable here. It is plagiarism. This could be lines of poetry, sayings, artwork, etc.

If you wish to play a creative character or enter contests, please make sure you use your own creativity.

Thank you.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Recent use of other people's materials

Postby Jane of Admin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 am

Unfortunately it appears that I must again remind people not to claim works that are not their own. Minor alterations of a work and presentation of it as your own will not be acceptable.

If you choose to use another artistic work as the starting point for your own, that is fine. If you only make a few changes, that is not acceptable.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Recent use of other people's materials

Postby Jane of Admin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am

It appears it is time for this reminder again. This game is full of creative people. Please do not belittle their works or those of other talented individuals by making off with their work. If you want to spout lyrics or poetry within the context of the game - use your own work.

Return to “Announcements and Guidance”