Announcement from the Iron Knights

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:10 pm

alright, then I guess Ill put mine in the bank for the time being just incase
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:14 pm

After some more research and a few minor expeditions, a statue restoration ceremony will be held in the upcoming days. All will be welcome.

[more info on this in the Events section]
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Some two score folks did be showin up ta help repair the statue. People did learn about Deek, how the castle rose from the waters anna he became High King. 'Bout what a goodly sort of man he be.

We got out the stones. Knight Cyno did figure out that ta make them things stick inta place, needed some special waters. Got some from the temple of Cory inna Branishor, anna the Temple of Ben inna Iscax. After that, all them stones anna shiny bits of gems were handed out anna the goodly folk there did press 'em in. They got stuck inna them holes at the base right anna proper.

Some gremlins did sneak along anna try ta steal them shiny bits, but I reckon seein so much of us 'round, scared them off somethin fierce.

Anna we said our words, anna the statue, well, it be shinin there now inna the plains, all sparkly like. Go on, take a look fer yerself, anna give a thought ta High King Deek.

Thankee ta everyone's that did be comin anna helpin.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:39 am

I must say, I am very pleased that the High King Deek now has a plinth worthy of his feet, the ceremony went well, luckily. A well meant "thank you" to all those who where there and helped in the restoration of the statue.

For those that, to their regret, could not actually make it to the ceremony, I'll provide you with some of the words, that were spoken there:

"Who was High King Deek, some of you might ask. Not much is known about his life before he was found washed up on the shores of Valorn, not so far from His statue. But fact is that, not too long after his arrival, the magnificent Caer Laleldan rose from the waters of Lake Valorn and that He was the first one to enter it’s gates and claim the throne. And so, our beloved High King Deek started his reign is the darkest of times, the land torn asunder under the Demon Lord’s attacks. As the word spread, that Valorn had a High King, people stopped their despair, and hope, .... precious hope, started to find its way to their hearts once again. It was He that drew the land together once more in a common purpose, so that, under His guide, Valorn and its people started to recover from the blow the Evil One had dealt them. Merchants started to thrive once again, as trade routes became safer and more goods and raw materials became available for them to sell. The High King also made sure that more ferry routes were established and so once again, the mainland had a connection to Port Perfadis . During the time He was King, more and more Golden Age knowledge came to the surface, and with each new discovery, the chance to turn the tide against the Dark Lords armies grew. There were already some guilds before He sat himself on the throne, even though limited in number. But under His rule they developped and became more organised in the fight against the Evil One. Many more of these guilds were founded, rallying even more people in the fight agains the Evil One, and our beloved High King allowed them to build on various sites across Valorn.
Under His leadership, people were even so bold to attack the demon army that occupied Ryndall and liberate it from the Demon Lord’s clutches. That was a great victory.

We remember Him as a great ruler, but also as a great man. He was a friend to many, allways open to meet and talk with His people.
He also was a guardian of Virtue. He was honest, fair and just, and had the patience to deal with many questions his people laid before Him. He was courageous when it was needed and generous with his help whenever he saw One in need.
He worked hard, for the benefit of His people, and took His duties very seriously, allways putting the people’s interest before His own.
And what I remember well, and with much fondness, is the air of tranquility that radiated from Him. His presence and gentle voice could give rest and calm down even the most nervous soul.
He was worthy of our respect, our friendship and our love. He would have sacrificed his life for his people, and his people would have gladly done the same for Him.
With the restoration of the base of the statue, He will finally have a plinth that will be worthy of Him."

And so it was that the base of the statue was restored:

A dozen of fine jewels, that contain the green of the land He once loved and ruled.
A score of water gems, that contain the water that gave life to His precious land.
A score of opalascent gems, with its shifting colors that are a symbol for all the good the changes He brought to the land.
A dozen of odd stones, for the warm welcome and gentle words, he allways had, even for strangers he had never seen before.
A score of Mire Gems, for His ability to allways see the best in people, whatever their appearance on first sight may be
And finally, a dozen of soul gems, so that His soul, wherever it is, may allways be kept safe.
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

Jael
New Adventurer

Postby Jael » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:13 pm

What a wonderful tribute to the King. Well done, Knights, and all who aided.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Purazon, your post is very touching. Very beautiful.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:45 pm

*smiles gently* Everything true, everything faithfully and truly said, and all, as the lady says, so touching. The King could have had no better friends and servants than the Knights.
Your bullets cannot harm me - my wings are like a shield of steel!

Return to “Tales of Adventure”