The Queen and The Empress

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Wyf_Broadskull
Adventurer

The Queen and The Empress

Postby Wyf_Broadskull » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 am

*herein follows the account of Wyf Broadskull and the details as he recalls them concerning the visit of Holy Empress Arelia Muriel to Valorn. This is an account from memory and parts may be missing or may have been misinterpreted*

Since this seems to have been missed by many, I thought I would share my recollection. The Queen, the one Cordelia met with the Empress of Ethucan, the Holy Empress Arelia Muriel. I was asleep for most of what happened, but I awoke in time to stand about for many marcs waiting in the throne room with several others.

People told all manner of tales while waiting and some important matters were discussed as well. Some folk even decided that the throne room was a good place for loutish behavior and began to fight over ale. Eventually the High Queen and the Holy Empress emerged. The Empress stated her thanks to Cordelia for her time and extended some reassurances that travel to Ethucan may soon be possible.

Shortly after Holy Empress Arelia Muriel left with her guards, the throne room began to fill with excitedly chattering people, all asking questions. The Queen told us that travel may be restored to Ethucan, but only the capital Iscax will be open initially.

Queen Cordelia warned that poor behavior would get a person banned from Ethucan, possibly that persons entire guild, so we are all to be on our best behavior. The matter of enchanters traveling to Ethucan was also broached and the end result of that was a warning, There are no plans to restrict enchanters from entering Ethucan--though that might change as the Holy Empress Arelia Muriel, had details yet to speak about with her council.

We asked of our good Queen, if there might be rules she would suggest to us, or cultural differences that we should be aware of and were told that the journals of a famous Ethucan scholar would be a good place to turn to for information on Ethucan manners and the sense of decorum that should be exhibited.

And with that, High Queen Cordelia, who had spent many hours behind closed doors with Holy Empress Arelia Muriel, bade us all a good night and was off to rest.

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:10 pm

Thank you, Wyf!!

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:50 pm

Oh, excellent! I'd missed this occasion myself, and I thank you for taking the time to compile this information. It's good to know that the enchanters aren't being left in Valorn to tidy up, as one big meanie informed me.

Synvasti
I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

Belgarian Sernium
New Adventurer

Postby Belgarian Sernium » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:29 am

I know this is a very long time ago...but is there anyone who can tell me why we were not permited into Euthica for a time to begin with?
To the freedom of Valorn

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:02 am

Belgarian Sernium wrote:I know this is a very long time ago...but is there anyone who can tell me why we were not permited into Euthica for a time to begin with?

The fact that we're in constant danger that they might not want passed on to them, not to mention that until very recently they feared a quarter of our population (and continue to not like them) might have something to do with it.

Belgarian Sernium
New Adventurer

Postby Belgarian Sernium » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:20 pm

Thanks Korrith, I also understand we were at war with them at some point?
To the freedom of Valorn

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Belgarian Sernium wrote:Thanks Korrith, I also understand we were at war with them at some point?

Come and find me in an inn sometime and I might give you an account of those events.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”