Winter knight Candidate search

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Winter knight Candidate search

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:57 am

The winter Knight, the Inquisitor, and the Page gathered in the Dundee Inn awaiting Arrelor the Winter Knight iniatiate. Once he arrived we decided to go to the dundee Temple in order to keep the Inn free from our conversation with Arellor the initiate. We all followed the WK to the temple in dundee....
At the point of conversing with Arellor the temple began to crowd with the elders of the WK chatting about brotherhood and trust... each profession seemed to agree upon the verbiage as stated by Sarducci, Glorna, Jade, and Ruby and James. Input was given from all involved including the initiate. We all went to the temple to chat with. During the conversations Jade studied the initiate to see if he qualified under the guidelines if the WK order as she is the elder Inquisitor of the order..As inquisitor ( I am not appointed by anyone, but given a title by the WK Sarducci) I made sure that Arrelor was given his sponsor to go forth to beging his appointed quest, and I am there to answer any questions or help with any problems the sponsors encounter during the quest or the candidate for that matter. Then the conversation took a turn into the depths of the deepest of thinkers brought about by the warrior Cordelia.We had a very enjoyable debate about criminals and how we would handle them. We each had our own views of course. We had a great time and hope to do it again soon

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:44 am

(Purely IC this post is meant to be)

A great time had by many is a good thing, to be sure, but the whole ideal of the Winter is beginning to worry me. Who chooses which initiate is worthy of gaining such patronage and what is it that marks some as better then others?

Surely all are equal once they take up arms to fight the Dark Lord in the name of the Gods, so why must only a few be considered worthy of the time of the person that claims the title of Winter Knight?

Everyone deserves the same chance and same benefits as those you have deemed as worthy. We are all the same and we all fight for the same reasons. Why is it that a small group get to deicide that some are worth more then others? You try to teach brotherhood and trust and yet only select a certain few that match what you think is right to gain the benefit of your patronage.

In actively watching and choosing those to be brought into the circle of the self proclaimed Winter Knight you alienate those who don't match your standards. Where is the brotherhood and trust there?

I have kept quiet on this since the founding of the Winter Knight esablishment, but I have felt it all the same. You seek to decide those who may be worth more to the cause of ridding Valorn of evil and teaching the people you see fit of their value. I disagree with this and think all should be taught such ideals not just those you deem worthy.

In the end, I feel, you just seek credit for helping those that are young and do not know our ways... but in choosing who you help you claim an arrogance that not even the Gods would. We are all equal despite what we know of the world. Noone has the right to pick out others they feel are better and give them more aid then they would give others.

The Winter Knight institution goes against the ideals of equality and should either give themselves to all the people of Valorn or stop claiming titles and deeds they have not been granted.

Sincerley signed

Doyle

Cleric and Holy Warrior of Valorn.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:42 am

I think that is something of an overreaction, Doyle.

The Winter's Knights are an adventurer's organization like any other, and therefore are as entitled to have their own criteria, selection process, and opinions as any other such organization. Guilds do this all the time, and no one questions their right to do so (even if they disagree with said criteria or process).

Topaz

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:46 am

Gemstone wrote:I think that is something of an overreaction, Doyle.

The Winter's Knights are an adventurer's organization like any other, and therefore are as entitled to have their own criteria, selection process, and opinions as any other such organization. Guilds do this all the time, and no one questions their right to do so (even if they disagree with said criteria or process).

Topaz

I beleive you have said it quote nicely Topaz. "Guilds do this all the time".

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:12 am

**bows head as he enters**Oh most holy Doyle...it is an honor speaking with you and have your message in hand**I will be pleased to answer your question.
My self, I was once also an initiate striving hard to become a cleric. During this training period I had little interaction with the more experienced adventurer, working hard to reach my objective with minimal assistance from others. As I had become more experienced in the late twenties levels, the time was set to follow my ancestors helping the youth being called the Winter Knight by many thereafter. The 'qualified initiates' are those adventurers that are guildless and perhaps seen as less fortunate than others((OOC no selling of guilds are ever mentioned or allowed representing WK activities. No alt players either just main characters so far)) these are the initiates that we of the WK order seek as candidates most holy one. All known attempts are made to ensure that those that read or speak to others or want to be a part of the order in some capacity are graciously invited to participate Holy Doyle. **bows head respectfully**
**bows head respectfully awaiting further questions**

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:54 am

Speaking as one who was a Winter Knight initiate, I learned of the Winter Knight's quest and was intrigued. My friend Loranna introduced me to the idea, and I sought the Page. That experience was memorable, if only because it well illuminated my poor grip of the obvious. Anyway, my point is that I never felt like the fellowship of the Winter Knight was at all exclusionary. Even though I'd never met the Knight himself, after I'd proved that I had a grasp of the concept of Brotherhood, I was accepted. I honestly believe this would be the case for any who showed interest in the process. After all, I'm a goof and a half.

Synvasti Shymere
I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”