Continental Guardians to defend the Doorway!

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Continental Guardians to defend the Doorway!

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:42 pm

I am announcing the beginnings of a Bold Project..... we will be called the Continental Guardians. (this is NOT a guild) We will assemple the finest cadre of heroes the land has to offer... from any level, rank, professions, or guild.

We will put together a rotating guard schedule where each person pledges to guard the Continental Doorway for a 6 Marc span. If enough of us work together we can put together a solid day/night guard on the doorway and prove that we are united as valornians.

This is just the beginning of this Continental Guardian project. expect more info to come along tonight and tomorrow... I will draw up a guard schedule and begin to accept guard pledges. I am also hoping Xanthias Might Join me in this project and draw upon the vast pool of defender who volunteered to defend the Purfication ceremony...

Anyone else with the will to help would also be appreciated.!

Expect more info VERY SOON
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

malcular
New Adventurer

Postby malcular » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:33 pm

i will help guard the the continental doorway 38966

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:41 am

You will have the Defenders to help in the endeavor Corwin. We must stand as one, and we will do so.

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:46 am

I dunno about finest but I shall try to pull my weight around
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Hansen Beck
New Adventurer
Location: The middle of the south part of the north part of the Americas

Postby Hansen Beck » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:19 am

Aye! I expect there are many of us who await orders. How shall we organize?

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:50 am

I'm loosly thinking of breaking each day down into 24 guard/time periods of 6 marcs each. (or possibly having a guard period start 1 marc before Doorway activation and ending when the doorway powers down.) In my mind I see a chart with an empty slot for each guard period. and anyone who wishes to volunteer could somehow click on an empty guard period and enter their name and everyone else could see it. and know which periods are empty and need a volunteer.... but realistically this will need several full time Guard Coordinarors who will each maintain a fraction of each days guard ruitine... and would be responsible for managing the volunteers in their section of each day... perhaps 4 such guard coordinators could be found to manage 1/4 of each days watch periods.. I also have word from Chade Fallstar (leader of Shadow Asylum) that he would pay 10p as a wage for each guard period... I might also volunteer to guarantee a 10p payment during each guard shift at the doorway... so this could turn into a Big RP opportunity and a way to bring new initiates into the RP... mentors might suggest to initiates that they volunteer for a few guard shifts to earn the 10p salary for guarding the doorway.

Anyone with ideas on how to get all of my ideas into a functioning order would be very welcome to help. I am thinking that it's too much coordination for 1 person so having 4 coordinators would work best... and each would be responsible for organizing, staffing, and paying the people who stand the 6 guard shifts which would occur in the 1/4 of each day that they are responsible for.

How does this all sound? Suggestions highly welcomed.

I might also suggest that we find an enterprising merchant who might want to set up shop at the doorway.. Surely visitors from Ethucan would welcome a chance to buy a local map.. or some local garb.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.

-Ben-

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:41 am

Just fought i would say... im defending the doorway at this time on my own okay... and the demons that attack the gate are a match for level 60 players... so what chance do i have :? lol

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 am

none the less... i will stay here and do my best.. i just wanted to warn people just incase i died and then there will be none here

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:07 am

people are here now :)

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:17 am

i dno't think that the level of the guards matter.
It is a gesture of good will.
However i think that we should try and set it up so that thereare at least 4 people guarding and one should be an enchanter...they can call for aid a little quicker if it is needed.........

also it will show that our enchanters aren't evil....

another thing, we need to get a lot of people involved, i have been at the for 6 hours and not many people have come to guard, some come for a while but the guard needs more than 1 person guarding so i can't exactly leave

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:25 pm

I must say, everytime a have visited the Doorway there have been many protectors, very well done to you all, one face a have seen alot is Hojo's so everyone should give him a pat on the back :) yey for hojo!

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

My Report

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:31 pm

I stood guard at the doorway...for some of the time, for nearly 48 marcs and there was nothing, I thank everyone that came to the Continental Doorway, even those that didn't stay long because it kept me from losing my mind from the voices that come from the Doorway.

If there is less than four guards please contact me and i shall come if i am not asleep.

Hojo Musachi#79090

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:05 pm

Corwin, I will be a Coordinator for the Guard.

(OOC: Due to an injury I am currently out of work and can do nothing but sit in front of a computer screen all day anyhow. I am online from roughly 3PM EDT to 3AM EDT.)

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

I call you

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:14 pm

could all of those that offered there service please for fill it.
I think that its best to have 4 guards on at once,minimum because there is a 25% chance of one of them being awake if anything happens....

The Darkest Star
Adventurer

Postby The Darkest Star » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:24 pm

Corwin Skyborn wrote:I'm loosly thinking of breaking each day down into 24 guard/time periods of 6 marcs each. (or possibly having a guard period start 1 marc before Doorway activation and ending when the doorway powers down.)

Corwin, I do not understand what you mean - are you saying the doorway activates each day? Are you sure that is correct?

As for the guard on the gate I would suggest that a minimum of two are on guard at a time. This would allow one to act as a runner if assistance is necessary.

Cassandra Storm

(OOC having one person on the gate gives almost no scope for roleplaying as there is no one to interact with, with a minimum of two you have someone to interact with. That would be two active players, not people switching to alts. That happened during the temple vigil and it's not much fun trying to interact with people who are flicking to an alt).

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:31 pm

i agree, one person on guard is really not good....you start to go a little mad....you hear things......

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:56 pm

The Darkest Star wrote:(OOC having one person on the gate gives almost no scope for roleplaying as there is no one to interact with, with a minimum of two you have someone to interact with. That would be two active players, not people switching to alts. That happened during the temple vigil and it's not much fun trying to interact with people who are flicking to an alt).

((edit: I understand what you mean now, not fun at all indeed.))

Wasn't helping the Ethucanians all about goodwill? Should people really be paid to guard the doorway? I can remember a certain ceremony about selflessness and such........now, if there's one thing selfless, it's helping the people who used to be your enemies.....Paying people for this defeats this effect.
Last edited by superduck on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

The Darkest Star
Adventurer

Postby The Darkest Star » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:10 pm

A very good point Thorin.

(I didn't mean people interacting with themselves, I meant people 'guarding' by using an alt that they flicked to every few moments for a second before going back to the other character they were playing. If you want to continue this discussion I think we should make a thread in an OOC forum).

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:39 pm

repy to Thorin:I agree that Guarding should be of the guards on own choice, not becuase they wish to benefit from it short term...look at the long term, we do this is a jesture of good will and then we have peace talks with them...if they where to find out that people had to be paid to guard then they won't.

Reply to Cassandra:I see what you mean now, either way it is bad...trust me guarding alone is really not fun. And Guarding and talking between your alts is a little bizzare and wouldn't it be against the rules?? could just be me....

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:49 pm

hojo Musachi wrote:Reply to Cassandra:I see what you mean now, either way it is bad...trust me guarding alone is really not fun. And Guarding and talking between your alts is a little bizzare and wouldn't it be against the rules?? could just be me....

I don't think that is what Cassandra was referring to, but to answer your question - you do get some people who like to interact their alts by switching to have conversations with themselves, but yes, it is against the rules. Quite definitely.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”