Emissaries From Every Guild Needed

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Talisk
New Adventurer

Emissaries From Every Guild Needed

Postby Talisk » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:21 am

Greetings friends.

An essential piece of the cleansing ceremony discussed here will be a prayer developed by a representative of all who are able or choose to take part.

Time is short, and for the good of Valorn, it behooves us to move with measured haste.

First need: An emissary from every guild wishing to participate
--The goal for this need is to obtain an emissary from each guild who would like to have a part in the prayer. Guilds: Please indicate this desire by replying to this post. Each guild is left to its own device to select this emissary. The emissary's name should be posted here as well.

Second need: Ceremonial prayer content
--Every guild signing up for the ceremony (and after naming their emissary) will be charged with writing and reading a vital part of the prayer during the ceremony. That is, guilds will be asked to write their portion of the ceremonial prayer.

In summary, The Ceremonial Prayer will be written by every guild choosing to help meet these three needs.

We also welcome an initiate to take part. Post here as well, and an initiate will be chose.

The prayer will need to include the elements and symbols discused in previous posts. As guilds sign up, they will get to select the element or symbol they wish to pray for at the ceremony. Someone will contact each emissary for this selection.

Let us pull together at this time. One heart, one mind, one will, one soul.

Talisk
Last edited by Talisk on Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Never, ever, panic. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:49 am

Greetings.
As one concerned with the welfare of the lands, and interested in the outcome of the ceremony, I would like to offer my assistance. I'm currently an initiate, and likely to remain so for a handful of levels yet.

Sincerely, Synvasti Shymere

I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

sarducci2
Adventurer

Synvasti as Emissary

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:54 pm

...a parchment sent to Holy Doyle and Talisk via messenger: Synvasti, in my opinion, is an excellent choice for initiate emissary. Trust and brotherhood has been proven by Synvasti on multiple occassions, making many Valornians proud. I am honored to have Synvasti as a friend. Sarducci

artzamy23
Adventurer

Postby artzamy23 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:58 pm

I, Thaliea Blackcrow, being of sound mind and body do second the opinion stated by Sarducci that Synvasti would be a most excellent choice for the initiate candidate for the ceremony. If either the Holy Warrior or the Pure One need any further information about this candidate, please feel free to send a parchment to my attention.

(signed)

~Thaliea Blackcrow
Please remember that we have to share the Earth. Let us not think that we are the sole owners and that those around us are merely paying rent.

Thaliea, #62516

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:00 pm

**bows head solemnly**The Enlightened Sponsors of Destiny are ready and willing to perform orders given.

Ruby Falcon
New Adventurer

Postby Ruby Falcon » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:19 pm

What is the date of the ceremony, first? I would like to serve as my guild's emissary, but need to be certain of when the ceremony will be, so that I know if it is possible I can be present or not. I depart within a week for a trip outside of the lands, and will be gone for a little while. If someone may please PM me in the lands to let me know?

With respect and thanks,
--Ruby Falcon-Brogar

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:36 pm

The Amazons will pray at the ceromony with great honor

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:07 pm

can you tell us what time it will be so that we can decide who to send?
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Haven Celes
Adventurer

Postby Haven Celes » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:19 am

I would be happy to offer myself as the representative of The Union, but I do need a date so that I can be sure that I will be there and have time to prepare the prayer.
I didn't escape this time, they gave me a day pass.

~*~ May fortune always smile upon thee ~*~

SylentOne
Experienced Adventurer

Postby SylentOne » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:16 pm

I would be delighted to act as a sounding board for the unguilded and gather their thoughts into a single prayer for the ceremony. Any that wish to speak as representative please pm me in game.

Sylent One http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow15491.html

klowny
New Adventurer

Postby klowny » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:09 pm

I would like to represent my guild.Gaurdians of the Realm Elite Karl Lowney http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow44704.html

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:39 pm

the way of the just is waiting on the time you'd like to do this so we can ensure our chosen emissary will be able to attend.

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:11 am

If possible I think it would be a nice touch if the emissaries from guilds weren't the Guild leaders.

In my mind Leaders are expected to have important roles given to them but I feel that it would be a greater display of trust to give the postion to normal Guild members instead where possible.

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:18 am

Doyle wrote:If possible I think it would be a nice touch if the emissaries from guilds weren't the Guild leaders.

In my mind Leaders are expected to have important roles given to them but I feel that it would be a greater display of trust to give the postion to normal Guild members instead where possible.

I completely agree. I have nominated our youngest member (or she was, at the time) who is still an initiate, as our emissary (if she agrees.) However, this is indeed up to the guilds themselves. I do hope the guild leaders who have volunteered for the position have discussed it with their members, however. If not, it would be shameless glory-seeking.

Edit: That last was neither an interrogation nor a dig at anyone who has already posted, just to be clear. Merely stating that if that was the case with anyone, it would be a little distasteful to me personally. *ends the disclaimer*
Last edited by Fleur on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haven Celes
Adventurer

Postby Haven Celes » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:41 am

I have discussed it with my guild, and where are numbers are small at this moment, all have agreed that it would be best if I stood for the guild. Though this might change depending on scheduling and such. But as it stands right now, I shall be standing for the Union.
I didn't escape this time, they gave me a day pass.

~*~ May fortune always smile upon thee ~*~

Gobbla
New Adventurer

I wish to 'elp

Postby Gobbla » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:16 am

I ain't in no Guild no more..nor shal I ever be. 'n I won't pray to the Gods. But me sword 'n shield are ready to protect me friends if they do start to pray..
Grimgor Ironhide..and his cousin Gobbla

Korba
Veteran

Postby Korba » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:53 am

RoK will definitely be there.

Depending on time zone it looks like Shadow Ryder, JKD or myself will be the Emissary. Feel free to contact me regarding the quest up until the time of the ceremony is known: http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow37985.html

Korba

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:44 pm

HONOR will stand with the other guilds in this ceremony. Our emissary is the Initiate Blade Renir.

Kalea

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:32 pm

Not wanting to take antthing away from the ceremony

However How can you expect a guild to commit to sending an emissary
when you have as yet to set a time or date.

I feel that this should be sorted out first before asking people to commit to attending

just to show my point if i were to be choisen as the emissary of my guild and you decided to then set the ceremony for 9pm EST then it be 4am for me and therefore i'd then either have to stay up very late or get up in the middle of the night to attend

Please solve these issue's before asking people to take part.

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:43 pm

As per suggested last night at a meeting, emissaries will not need to meet at a special time. To make it easier on everyone, all their work can be done through PMs on the forums whenever time is convenient for them so long as they get things done by a certain deadline. An emissary's job will be to send their bit of the prayer to Talisk and Doyle, and then review and approve any edits Talisk and Doyle may make so that the prayer can read as one unified prayer. It is clear, however, that Talisk and Doyle need to write a more comprehensive post outlining everything in explicit detail to alleviate confusion.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”