++A Winter's Knight++

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
sarducci2
Adventurer

Re: ++A Winter's Knight++

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:36 pm

~~sends a parchment to those of the order of the WK, with the WK seal on blue wax~~I hope all of the order of the WK have read Bebhinn's words regarding portals. Most initiates, by the time they have reached mid way to begin pursuing a profession, have been in portals already I would think. They will have probably been through what Bebhinn had said in her parchment. They will also know, it is definitely not safe to enter, unless told where it will place them in the lands. Since the quests for the initiates are controlled as much as possible, the portals will add a new dimension to their and your enjoyment. The mystery, intrigue, and suspense will be up to the creativity of the quest sponsor. Be sure to bear in mind also, that some are not nobles, which would change some quests. Thank you all for your generosity and support of the Winter Knight and the order. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:43 am

~~an evening at the Dundee Temple...a parchment sent to the order~~While preparing a WK initiate candidate for their upcoming quest, we had the pleasure of speaking with Iron Knight Purazon. Those present, Tal Seton lv9, James Silver lv62, and myself began asking interesting questions about the Iron Knights. Purazon, tirelessly, went through the history of the Iron Knights for us. Needeless to say that you "could hear a pin drop" as we were so well informed and captivated by the IK. Young Tal was given so much information, I could see his mouth open and eyes brighten, with each word spoken so eloquently by Purazon. Yet another great and wise professional to share with the initiates and elders a part of their lives. Feel free, those of the order, to thank the Iron Knight in person and hope he will return for another conversation in the future. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

Valera
Adventurer

Postby Valera » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:15 am

The Master Rogue Ceremony of Ushiba

In attendance were: Sarducci / Ushiba / Valera

** Valera enters and bows to Sarducci and Ushiba**

Ushiba Greetings Valera~smiles and bows~

Sarducci Hello Val**smiles**

Sarducci Ushiba please come closer to the altar and look at the holy light a moment

Sarducci Val...would you happen to have a few candles in your pouch?

** Ushiba the old wolf move toward the alter and looks at the holy light**

** Valera digs in her pouch and removes a cloth-wrapped bundle, which she hands to Sarducci**

Sarducci thank you Val...**passes each a candle**ahh blue ones very good

** Sarducci holds his candle to Val to light**

Ushiba I have not been in the lands much at all ~looks down~

Sarducci I hope that is short term, Ushiba?

** Valera takes a flint and steel and quickly lights his candle**

Sarducci **once his candle is lit he walks closer to Ushiba holding out his candle**please light yours

Ushiba ~looks Sarducci in the eye~

Ushiba ~holds his Candle out~

** Ushiba lights it on Sarducci’s**

Sarducci again I repeat what you have already heard from me Ushiba...a candle loses nothing but gains light by lighting another candle

Sarducci I ask , if possible, that you become the rogue master of clerics and organize the rogue contingency of the order...

Sarducci the work will be to have communication with the other rogues of the order and to report their actions

Ushiba I will try my best! will you give me some guidance?

Sarducci each profession will have a master to represent them

Sarducci **nods** I will of course Ushiba

Sarducci are you up to the job?

Ushiba ~bows gratefully~

** Ushiba nods in reflection**

Ushiba I think I am...Yes!

Sarducci very well...please kneel

Ushiba ~the old wolfs knees pops as he kneels~

Sarducci **grins hearing the popping of his knees**

Sarducci Val would you pass the platinum colored pouch to Ushiba

** Valera hands a small pouch to Ushiba**

Sarducci this small gift is to be used as you like

Ushiba ~takes the pouch in his hands~

Sarducci **unsheathes his ceremonial dagger**

Sarducci bow your head to the gods Ushiba

Ushiba Thank you ~bows securing the pouch to his belt then bows to the gods~

Sarducci **taps his left then his right shoulder with the dagger**Ushiba...May you act upon the words spoken as you say...

Sarducci May the gods see your work as holy...

Sarducci Rise Master of the Rogues

Sarducci secure your position with the gods by some rogue words

Sarducci **resheathes his dagger and turns to the holy light**

Ushiba ~the old wolf rises ~ I pray I be worthy and to use my rogue skills to help those in Valorn the new and old seeking not the endless training but to mingle within this society~bows~

Sarducci nicely said Ushiba...

Sarducci also please hold your UW out in front of you balancing the tip on the altar

Ushiba ~the old wolf draws his UW of light and balances its tip on the alter~

Sarducci and repeat after me...I will do more than most to uphold the rogue contingency attempting to make it the most powerful part of the order of the WK**nods to Val**

Valera *pulling a small, aged vial from her pouch, she pours one drop of liquid onto Ushiba's sword*

Ushiba 's Ultimate Weapon of Light radiates 'Blessing of Ben`s Great Fury'

Sarducci concentrates intently...

Ushiba ..I will do more than most to uphold the rogue contingency attempting to make it the most powerful part of the order of the WK

Sarducci May the strength of the worldbuilder guide every strike of your UW

Ushiba ~bows deeply~

** Sarducci stand your UW down please**

Sarducci **nods again to Val**

** Valera pours a careful drop from the vial onto Ushiba's armor**

Ushiba ~resheathes the UW~

Sarducci upon your Nightsky armor...May the god Cory protect you from the evil within the lands

Ushiba 's Nightsky Armor radiates 'Blessing of Cory`s Greater Protection'

Sarducci and by your fortitude to remain dedicated to your call to duty...

Sarducci May you benefit greatly from the blessing of the Unbending Will

Ushiba radiates 'Anointment of Ben`s Unbending Will'

** Sarducci **blows out his candle and hands it to Val before he accidentally loses it...again****

** Ushiba follows Sarducci’s lead blowing out his candle handing it to Val**

** Valera blows out her candle and removes a piece of cloth to wrap them in**

** Sarducci hands 2 gold colored initials RM each bordered in midnight blue to ushiba****

Valera *offers her hand to Ushiba* Congratulations...

Sarducci to be worn with the logo of the order a symbol of the Master of the Rogues

Sarducci I have good feelings about your future Ushiba
"Get a life? What is this life you speak of?"

Valera
Adventurer

Postby Valera » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:49 pm

Ceremony of Angelina Darkwood

In attendance: Sarducci ; Angelina Darkwood ; Goldie Fire ; Elias Dubrathus ; Valera

** Goldie Fire smiles and bows to Angelina**

Angelina Darkwood Greetings Sarducci, Goldie, Kristian **smiles and nods**

Kristian Krewz *bows* A pleasure, My Lady

Sarducci Angelina, take a moment and when Kris is finished speaking perhaps you could tell us what...

Sarducci you would say to an initiate when asked about the Order.

Kristian Krewz *shakes his head - smiling* Getting them talking is rarely a problem...most are very curious.

** Valera slips in quietly, moving to stand in the back of the room**

Sarducci Kristian, I know you have commitments at this time. Please study the scrolls when you can.

Elias Dubrathus has entered the area

Kristian Krewz *nods* I thank you, Sarducci. And I shall read them. *bows to all as he leaves*

Kristian Krewz has left east

**Elias Dubrathus enters silently, careful to not interrupt**

Angelina Darkwood Please Sir, I have studied the scrolls as much as I have had chance too and have some knowledge of what the order stands for...I have yet to explain it to an initiate, but hope to study more before the question arises.

** Valera pulls ink, quill and a parchment mounted on a board from her pack, and prepares to take notes**

Sarducci **nods to Angelina**assume the question will arise shortly so study the answers.

Sarducci I'm sure Eli will afford you his time to instruct.

Angelina Darkwood I understand from my studies that the Order of the Winter Knights are gathered to try to...

Angelina Darkwood unite as their forefathers did as members of the Order of the Holy light...

Elias Dubrathus yes i will instruct her and answer all her questions, Sarducci.

Angelina Darkwood And that we are gathered to fight against the evil known as Balthazar and his demon armies as one.

Elias Dubrathus She did read the scrolls and she has learned, cause i didn't tell her some things just the jist of the Order

Angelina Darkwood And that on the road to doing this we need to recruit initiates who can undertake a quest and can join the Order and unite.

** Elias Dubrathus stands proudly**

Elias Dubrathus i told you, Sarducci, that she would be an asset.

Angelina Darkwood **smiles** That it what I learned earlier, and I apolgize if I have misunderstood any of the scrolls.

Angelina Darkwood I know I have much to learn and I dedicate myself to this Order and its cause.

Sarducci **raises an eyebrow**well...most well said indeed Angelina.

Sarducci That's saying a lot, Angelina... will you remember your words a few moons from now?

Angelina Darkwood I think I may need to learn to shorten that some...It all came gushing out at the moment.

** Valera fumbles a bit dipping her quill, then gets the board rebalanced and continues to write**

Sarducci No, no, it gushed well...

** Valera bites her lip and keeps her head down**

Sarducci Angelina Darkwood, please step forward in front of me so I can see you clearer.

** Angelina Darkwood slowly steps towards Sarducci and raises her head to look into his face**

Sarducci You have studied well, perhaps even better than most...do you have any questions or reservations, Angelina?

** Elias Dubrathus watches her walk forward**

** Valera sets aside her scribing tools, and picks up a pouch of blue candles from the top of her pack**

Angelina Darkwood I have no reservations, Sarducci **smiles at Elias than back to Sarducci**

Elias Dubrathus Yes, she has honored me greatly, Sarducci.

Sarducci Elias, recall the candles...explain the meaning of 2 candles and when they meet...its significance.

Angelina Darkwood **smiles** I read that in the scrolls.

** Valera steps forward and holds the pouch open for them to take a candle**

Sarducci Nice...very nice.

Elias Dubrathus It signifies one flame and they are to light to bring them together, if I remember correctly, Sarducci.

Sarducci **takes a candle and waits for the light**

Valera *looks at Angelina, smiling* Please take a candle...

Sarducci **nods to Elias**Yes...a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle. Much the same way a teacher and a student work.

** Angelina Darkwood takes a candle from Valera**

**Elias Dubrathus takes out a torch and lights Sarducci's candle**

Sarducci Thank you, Elias.

** Valera sets the pouch to the side**

Elias Dubrathus Not a problem, sir.

Sarducci **places his flame close to Angelina's candle**Now watch carefully when they meet, Angelina.

Sarducci * Sarducci touches his wick to hers*You see a bright flame a moment when they touch, then when apart they both have gained not lost a thing.

** Angelina Darkwood looks at her candle flame then looks to Sarduccis and smiles and nods**

Angelina Darkwood I do see...

** Sarducci motions for Angelina to kneel**

** Angelina Darkwood kneels before Sarducci whilst looking at her candle's flame**

Sarducci Do you Angelina vow to uphold the ways of the Order and to assist all in need with emphasis on initiates?

** Sarducci turns and places his candle on the altar then turns back to face Angelina**

Angelina Darkwood **looks up to Sarducci** I do.

Sarducci **unsheathes his ceremonial dagger**

** Elias Dubrathus smiles with staff placed at his side **

Elias Dubrathus I'm sorry but i must go rest for a bit. Please pardon me.

Sarducci Angelina Darkwood, forever more you shall be a member of the holy Order of the Winter Knight**places the dagger on her shoulder and taps once**

Elias Dubrathus has left east

** Angelina Darkwood bows her head**

Sarducci Now stand and be recognized by all**hugs her and steps back**

** Angelina Darkwood stands and smiles at all**

Valera *offers her hand, smiling* Welcome!

** Angelina Darkwood takes Valera's hand and shakes**

Angelina Darkwood Thank you, it is truly an honor.

Sarducci **holds out his candle to Valera**

**Valera removes a candle snuffer from her pouch, puts out his candle, and accepts it from him**

** Angelina Darkwood smiles and holds out her candle to Valera also**

Sarducci You will be asked on the spur of a moment to participate or meet...understand, Angelina?

**Valera snuffs Angelina's candle and accepts it with a smile**

Angelina Darkwood Yes, I understand.

Sarducci Now I must take my leave... if you have any questions please ask now.

Angelina Darkwood No, please, take your leave.

Sarducci **walks to the door respecting each statue of Xia in his usual manner then exits**

** Valera moves to her scribing tools and begins packing them up**

Sarducci has left east

Valera
Adventurer

Postby Valera » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:52 pm

The Ceremony of Auda

In attendance: Sarducci ; Auda ; Glorina ; Shurila Goldmire ; Goldie Fire ; Valera

** Valera enters and pauses, scanning the room, and removes her helm as she crosses to join the others present, nodding to the statues of Xia as she passes and the others as she draws near **

** Auda smiles warmly at Valera **

Sarducci Nice to see you promptly there, Auda and you also, Val.

Valera *smiles* Hello, Auda, sir...

Sarducci Please stand in front of me Auda so I can see you better**motions for her to come to the altar area**

** Auda walks up to Sarducci, standing straight**

** Sarducci studies Auda closely**

Sarducci And where is your weapon Auda?

** Valera removes a packet of blue candles from her bag and offers them to Sarducci and Auda**

** Auda takes a candle her hand trembling slightly**

Auda Sir I removed all weaponry before entering.

** Sarducci takes a candle and with a nod of the head waits for a light**

** Auda nods to the door**

Sarducci Would you mind carrying it a moment?

Glorina has entered the area

Sarducci I'll wait**smiles**

**Valera removes a flint and rope twist from her pouch, strikes a spark into the rope, blows on it until it smolders, and holds it out to Sarducci**

** Sarducci smiles and tilts head to Glo as she enters**

** Glorina enters the room , bowing to each statue and touching them reverently**

** Auda nods to Glorina her eyes returning to Sarducci **

** Sarducci returns his focus to Val**

Sarducci Please do, Val.

** Valera lights Sarducci's candle from the smoldering rope**

** Valera smiles up at Glo, trying not to burn her fingers as she does**

** Glorina turns and approaches the group bowing in greetings**

** Glorina joins the circle, genuflecting on her left knee**

Sarducci Now Auda... have you ever noticed what occurs when an elder assists an initiate...

** Sarducci crinkles his nose...sniff sniff**

** Valera puts out the rope, and lays it aside**

** Sarducci thinks we need a better smelling rope**

** Valera frowns at Sarducci as she sucks on a burned finger**

Sarducci That's good, Auda...now to make an analogy touch your wick to my flame...

Sarducci and watch carefully.

Glorina *Your pardon M'lord, I have not had time to change me armor. I do reek of undead remains.

** Auda raises the blue candle up and holds the wick close to Sarducci's candle **

**Sarducci forces grin thinking about what Glo just said**

** Valera glances down at herself and sidles away from the group slightly**

** Auda watches the candle wicks intently**

Sarducci As you see when the candles touch that you gained light with no cost to my candle...it even glowed brighter for a moment...did you see that Auda?

**Glorina grabs Val's arm and gently pulls her into the group**

Auda Sir, I did... the light is brighter when two are aglow in that moment.

Sarducci A candle loses nothing, as a teacher loses nothing, by lighting another candle which would be the student.

Sarducci So as you assist the youth of the land and provide enlightenment...

Auda *smiles faintly* Sir.

Sarducci You will gain inner peace and harmony for yourself.

**Glorina stares intently at the candles and nods**

Sarducci You have read the scrolls of the Order and have a working knowledge of our work. Is that true, Auda?

** Sarducci pulls back his candle and sets it on the altar**

** Sarducci turns back to face Auda**

Auda I have read many scrolls and strive to teach as I learn and offer my aid.

Auda *looks at Sarducci* I will never be fully learned ..we all learn.

Sarducci Indeed you so will have many opportunities to do as you say.

Sarducci **puts his hands out palms up**You, Auda, are one of the few that assist without 'selling' a guild or for your own benefit and it has been recognized.

** Glorina looks to Sarducci waiting***

Sarducci **flips his palms over**Please kneel...**motions down with his hands**

** Auda kneels and breathes in and her candle flickers , looking at Sarducci **

** Sarducci motions for Val to have the small vial handy**

** Valera removes an aged vial from her pouch and pops the cork carefully**

** Sarducci unsheathes his ceremonial dagger and places the tip on Auda's left shoulder and taps once**

** Glorina kneels facing Sarducci**

Sarducci Please unsheathe your weapon and place the tip on the altar, Auda.

** Glorina watches intently**

Sarducci Stay kneeling please.

** Glorina smiles proudly as she watches**

**Sarducci turns head to Val and nods then looks at Auda studying her weapon**

** Auda carefully puts her sword down on the edge holding it steady**

** Valera carefully pours a single drop of holy oil onto Auda's sword blade, smiling**

**Sarducci watches Val apply the oil blessed by clerics onto Auda's sword**

Sarducci Spread the oil around, Val.

** Auda views her sword and the drop glittering **

** Valera uses the cork to spread the liquid over her blade**

Sarducci As the holy oil blessed by clerics is placed upon your sword may the strength of the gods be with you for each strike against evil.

** Glorina inhales deeply the scent of the oil, pungent yet soothing.**

Auda Sir *bows her head*

Sarducci Sheathe your sword, Auda, and stand erect...not to look at me but the holy light **nods to Glo**

**Valera carefully corks the small vial of holy oil and slips it back into her pouch**

** Auda stands up and sheathes her weapon that feels lighter .. and looks into the light unfearing***

Sarducci Some words for you that will be aimed into the holy light.**turns and watches Glo**

** Glorina rises slowly and approaches the altar, setting her candle in the center holder, then kneels before the altar**

** Valera bows her head respectfully**

** Sarducci turns from Auda a moment and bows head**

** Glorina, in a single fluid motion, bows her head and prepares her self, then pulls back her hood, revealing a jagged scar that runs from her right temple across her face and down her neck disappearing below her tunic. Raises her head and looks**

Goldie Fire has entered the area

** Goldie Fire walks in quietly and stands next to Val **

Glorina deep into the holy light* *voice loud and strong* Oh Holy Gods of Trinald, We Thank thee for the gifts ye set upon us.

** Valera brushes Goldie's hand in greeting, head still bowed**

** Shurila Goldmire bows her head and closes her eyes**

** Sarducci closes his eyes,listens intently, as Glo recites her holy words**

Glorina We beseech ye to continue to guide and protect us, your humble servants. We Pray ye to shed thy LIGHT Upon our newest member, Auda, who here today in THY HOUSE hath taken Unto her

** Goldie Fire holds Val hand and bows her head and closes her eyes**

** Auda feels the warmth of the souls surrounding her**

Glorina the Commmitment To Serve the Peoples of the Lands in THY Names. Pleas Oh HOLY ONES Again I beseech THEE Bless and Guide Her and All of us as we pursue THY Holy Quest.

Sarducci so mote it be!

Glorina *pauses briefly, then bows her head before the light.* So Mote It Be!

Valera *murmurs* So mote it be...*raises her head*

** Sarducci opens eyes and turns around facing Auda**

** Auda eyes fill with awe and are filled with joy**

Sarducci Auda...stand and be recognized as a member of the order of the Winter Knight!

** Auda stands erect and proud and looks into Sarducci's eyes **

Glorina **rises slowly exhausted from her passionate plea, turns and rejoins the group stumbling slightly, then faces Auda, and extends her bare hand * Welcome Sister! A gift for thee!

Glorina hands something over to Auda

Valera *gives Auda a quick hug* Welcome, little sister...

Sarducci **whispers as he leans to Val**please leave the candles that are on the altar to flicker out on their own

** Valera nods**

Sarducci welcome Auda...may the gods give you patience for when you will require such and a strong love for what you are doing.

** Auda extends her hand and holds Glorina's tightly ..hugs Val and smiles **

Glorina *stumbles slightly voice weak* M'lord, Fellow Winter Knights, If you would excuse me I must go and rest.. This old body is easily tired. *waves* Fare well my Family.

Auda You fill me with strength and your compassion and I am very happy and honored to be here.

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:08 am

<A pilgrimage to the small temple in N'rolav Dundee. In attendance: Auda, Elias, Goldie Fire, Johnny Bold, Sarducci, Lela Treasurous, Barrabbas, Zak Zillion>
The preparation and planning for the pilgimage began at the Holy Order of Light Training chamber. All Followers and friends of the Order of the Winter Knight held items of blue that were to be placed on the prayer table to honor the gods upon arrival at the small temple. Instructions to all were given by Sarducci along
with advice on how to successfully make the dangerous journey. All were told that some may not make it if they deviated from the instructions given. the journey was long and as hazardous as expected with the loss of Johnny Bold. He attacked when he should have waited quietly for the others to reach him. Barrabbas cleared out the demons which allowed the participants to slowly and methodically reach the old temple. Tension was certainly high, but their spirits were well maintained during the holy pilgrimage. Upon entering the temple, there was a discussion, as to the appearance, of the weathered ancient holy place, with particular reference to the statues of Ben and Cory. All said, in their own manner, prayers to the gods as they placed their blue items, representing the order, on the wooden table that had scratchings of prior visitors to the temple. Following the giving of gifts to honor the gods they all left unharmed by a portal opened by Barrabbas leading back to Dundee. Sarducci explained, that the pilgimage would bring about many questions and that they all were to seek out knowledge from ancient scrolls and elder professionals regarding occurrences that led up to N'rolav as we know of her today.
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:20 am

~~sends a parchment to those of the order of the WK, with the WK seal on blue wax~~ Followers of the Order of the Winter Knight I bid all greetings. For 2 full months there has, as you all should know, been instructional meetings. There was some terrific creative thinking from the attendees. There were thoughts presented on ways to: attract initiates, keep the initiates interested in you, show the initiates the policies of interaction among others, and to enlighten the initiate to the order. All 4 professions were given unique ideas particular to each. There comes a time, when you should start spending more time, where the initiates train and gather, and put forth what you have learned. Whether solo, tandem, or groups plan well and remember there is always room for more knowledge. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:05 pm

**After sitting down to relax, reaches into his book of the WK diary, then searches until he finds his quill and half full vial of ink. Dabbing the quill, he begins to write into the old book.** ~This past eve will stay in my mind for quite awhile. **draws a star next to the upper right of the page** The discussion was centered around creating initiate quests which is always of great interest to the members. The WK Page Valera, order members Auda, Dobroc, Hope Winters, myself, and a visitor Sorynn were attendees of the discussion. Valera presented a quote from Kris regarding brotherhood, which once again proved emotional, as how well it was said. **draws a picture of a small thistle next to Val's name** No matter how many times I hear that particular quote I will continue to endear it. The leading sponsor of the quest team for Taladorn was Auda. I know she was overwhelmed by the many thoughts presented, but one has to learn. I must remember that she will need extra time to prepare and organize her team. This is her first initiate quest, and designing one to fit a particular individual, can be harder than most would understand.**draws his small version of an angel next to her name** Dobroc and Hope mainly listened and added to the discussion when they could interject something. Most interesting, and to be noted in this book, was the presence of Sorynn. **draws a small tear drop next to her name** Her thoughts, actions, respect of her surroundings, and of the order was unforgettable. She presented some innovative, fresh, and thought provoking material to ponder. As she spoke at one time, it was interesting to note that, as I looked to each, they stood in awe, jaws half open, of the new material presented by Sorynn. The discussion ended ,leaving us all in thought of designing quests, and a warm feeling, having heard the words of the members of the order and Sorynn. I rest this night content. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:18 am

**...sitting close to a small nicely warmimg fire... following the festivities of the fall festival...the costume neatly folded and washed beside him...his mind travelling and reflecting on the past few months intensive campaign to enlighten the followers of the Winter Knight...slowly goes to one knee, then looks up at the bright cluster of stars in the eastern evening sky...words begin to flow...**
~Inspiration, dedication, steadfast, enthusiasm, improvement, improvization, innovation, self sacrifice, instruction,..My gods, hear these words. These words reflect on this most holy order's activities these past months. The all out campaign to provide quality members has and is proving highly effective. We honor you, our gods, by pledging ourselves to assisting the youth of the lands. We all hope this honor provides you with contentment, joy, and peace of mind. The instructional gatherings are proving its worth, as I know you have seen. Those not caring to attend, well, nothing I can say. It's the positive many that glorify you that I weep this day. I weep with joy of the sweetness of fulfillment. Each day we walk the lands will prove the great benefits of our order to you.
~...I weep my gods for the happiness**stands, holds his ceremonial dagger horizontal to the sky, and continues looking skyward** of a consistent well tended order of great purpose and cause. I smile through these tears that drip onto my tunic of time and effort well spent. My gods, we ask for nothing more than your blessings and love.~
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 am

~parchment sent to all Followers of the Winter Knight~
Greetings, The time has come to put into effect that which you have been taught. There is an abundance of initiates recently in the lands of which I am so happy to see. I am at fault for not pointing this out sooner so here we go. First, remember that a new adventurer to the lands has no idea of the Fall Festival or that most are wearing costumes. They should be told about both as soon as you can during your interactions. You may be the only person they have any contact with initially so fill them in. Second, If you decide to send them a greeting it may be a good idea to 'dress to impress'. By this I mean, take off your costume temporarily, show them the real you with all your armor, shields, weapons etc. and not just a robe and a mug of ale. Think about it please! Don't let all you have learned go to waste! Third, You should all be registered mentors, watching the new ones entering the lands and greeting them. Again, dress to impress. Last, but not least, don't waste the initiates time by letting them stand idle after you start speaking and helping them by sending 'birds' to all your friends or whatever. Remember, they can't wait to advance and keep fighting so keep the pace moving along at their speed not yours, your friends will understand. Don't be like most... be different...be of the order! May the gods be proud of your deeds! WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:33 pm

~~parchments sent to all of the order~~
Greetings to all,This Sunday (at 5pm EST) will be a pilgrimage to the Ol' Temple in N'rolav Dundee. The purpose will be to celebrate the anniversary of the WK on the winter solstice by the 'honoring of the gods ceremony'. Participants are asked to bring an ice crystal as an offerring to the gods during the ceremony. If you are a high enough of a level member that can fight in that area please message me. We will all meet at the gathering hall east of Shamson in Milltown. This is a dangerous trip and all may not make it. If you listen to your guide and do exactly as he says you will survive the pilrgimage. I hope to see those available attending. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:42 am

~~Reflections on the Winter Solstice~~
The winter solstice pilgimage started in the Gathering Hall in Milltown. Those that attended or assisted along the pilgrimage were: Sarducci, Thor, Iron Knight Purazon, Arlanna, Lennie, Barrabbas, Scally. Upon a safe arrival for all, at the Ol' Temple in N'rolav Dundee, the ceremony started with blue candles being passed out then lit, all but Sarducci's. The attendees were then asked to have all unlit wicks touch. Words were said and all the wicks were lit simultaneously. Sarducci continued the ceremony by calling forth the ice crystals held by the attendees to be placed near the prayer area. As the ice crystals were absorbed by the gods all had some special words to say during the offerring. Special thanks was said to the gods for allowing the Winter Knight and the Order usage of the sacred chambers in the Holy Order of Light. There was a portal constructed by Scally for safe passage to the Milltown area upon conclusion of the pilgrimage.
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:56 am

~~a congregation at the Meditation Circle~~
The evening started out as a simple meeting to discuss the Order of the Winter Knight between Sarducci and Gita Rax. During this time Gita was introduced to others that came in to the med. circle with those attending: Sarducci, Gita Rax, Thor, Dobroc, Sashtan Baconheart, Sorynn. Not too long after speaking to Gita of the ways of the order, the conversation turned to a question given to all attendees to ponder, and give their opinions by Sarducci. The question was: "Does anyone have any thoughts about the origen of the holy light above the altar and its significance? All participants gave their ideas and thoughts regarding the matter. Since the mortals could only give opinions it was interesting to hear their differences in thoughts. The younger members of the order said their words and then sat back to listen to the elder professional visitors render their thoughts. Well, interest was peaked, as Sorynn most eloquently elaborated on the subject at hand. Her thoughts were corroborated and added to by Sashtan, as their ideas were quite similar. Many marcs were spent on this subject and will be further discussed in the future. All left with the feeling of well being with time well spent.
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:13 pm

~parchment sent to all Followers of the Winter Knight~
Greetings and do hope you all are ready for the new year. Those that have not been available to attend the class on initiate procurement please contact me so a date and time can be set. The place will be the training room in the Holy Order of Light.
Those not able to attend the previous pilgrimage and would like to participate in one also contact me (include ID#). Those of noble status only I'm afraid can enter N'rolav.(Most probable time will be this coming Thursday @ 5pm EST)The pilgrimages are performed for a few reasons. The first, a learning experience for the youth that have not heard or been to N'rolav. Secondly, Another way to learn: the significance of moving in a timely manner, working as a team, importance of following instructions, and perform tasks that will be asked by the 'pilgrimage guardian' and myself.
All available followers of the order are asked to assist and/participate in the events of the order as best as they can. The events of the order may seem easy to set up and carry out. Believe me nothing is ever easy, so contact me as soon as practical if planning to attend. Anyone that can make portals and of the mid forties level are needed.
The theme will be to honor the warrior professionals that have fallen in the line of their duty. All are asked to provide themselves with a red shirt, that will be used as an offerring at a holy temple, not to be in N'rolav. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 pm

**After sitting down to relax, reaches into his book of the WK diary, then searches until he finds his quill and half full vial of ink. Dabbing the quill, he begins to write into the old book.**
Yesterday was not any different than other days. The sun was slowly dropping on the horizon as I watched from the meditation circle's garden. Interrupting the tranquility, my mind continued on making some additions to the order's ceremony for initiates. The thought came to mind, that I needed to delegate to the members, and many ideas began to take seed. Parchments were sent primarily for warriors of the order and friends to attend. The purpose was to see what input a warrior would have in a ceremony. A discussion was held as the attendees took turns acting out a warriors role in a mock ceremony scene. Interesting ideas from those attending: Auda, Taladorn, Iron Knight Purazon, Sashtan, and myself. The other professions will also be asked to include their input in the near future. I do make note that the cleric sashtan tried his best to mimic a warrior**draws a small star and grins**....**satisfied...puts down the quill and closes the book**
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:26 pm

~parchment sent to all Followers of the Order of The Winter Knight~
Greetings brothers and sisters. I'm sure you've all had great opportunity of late, to try out your skills with the many initiates. One thought to you all is to not let yourself get frustrated. Don't expect every initiate to react to your good will in the same manner. Pick and choose one initiate at a time, apply your knowledge, and in a short time you will know if you are assisting someone's family member. If so, continue to assist but move your focus to another initiate. When you find the one truly in need of guidance, then you attempt to start slowly to build your new friendship. This way you will minimize your non-productive time, do less chasing, find fresh enthusiastic adventurers to assist and guide. Ask another to work with you when you have a good prospect and remember to plan and then execute that plan. Lastly, don't forget to dress to impress the initiate. leave your mugs in the Inn and wear your best gear. Your enthusiasm will be picked up by the initiate so do your best 'interactions' when given the opportunity.
May the gods bless your perseverance, WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:40 pm

**puts quill to ink then starts his writings**
Greetings brothers and sisters.
There has been such good positive effects, from your taking time from your own training, to assist the initiates. The initiates have mentioned that they would not have stayed in the lands if it hadn't been for members of the order, interacting with them, and making them feel at ease in this hostile land we live in. Others became nobles having decided a profession because of the quests given to them to learn of such that matters to them. Others had a taste of N'rolav and the visiting of lands not capable of knowing without your quests. Many became mentors as soon as they felt confident in themselves. Some have held off joining a guild until they made a knowledgeable decision.
You all might try try to to rest at the grate in the Dundee sewer for some entertainment. This is a good spot to test your skills and patience. These initiates are the real new adventurers to our lands. When you interact with the youth you may have to tell them about their 'movement' and how to speak in the lands. You will be amazed what comes out of their mouths. Make them aware in messages that they should train themselves to keep an eye on their message list often. As you were recommended when you were candidates, that taking notes was a smart thing to do. There is much to show and to help the youth discover in our lands. May the gods smile at your great concern for their youth. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:12 am

~~parchment sealed with the WK blue wax and sent to the newer members of the order~~
Fellow brothers and sisters of the order,
I do hope all of you are doing well. There has been some problems with health within the ranks of the order and again I hope you will all recover with haste.
Now if I may tell you why the Holy Order of Light commands a respect second to none in the lands. This story revolves around a particular chamber of the HoL., the meditation room to be exact, as you all are familiar with, many years ago.
The evening was typical with members of the order discussing happenings of the week. I recall some pretty funny remarks that were unexpected which proved funny enough to almost make me cry out in loud laughter, but I subdued prior. Unfortunately the scribe of the order, at that time, couldn't hold herself in check and started jumping up and down. It seemed after her first jump she was struck by a bolt of lightning from the sky above. Well, she did stop dead in her tracks and learned a lesson. I had learned an important one also. Although I did hold back my emotions, the God Ben did whisper, that it was quite good that I did subdue myself in this most holy of chambers. All present heard the whispers of the God Ben.
Since that evening, the order keeps the meditation chamber well kept and with certain criteria used regarding presence in the chamber. All of the order have have been instructed as to how to present oneself in the Meditation chamber. You must prepare a friend prior to their entrance when giving a tour of the HoL. The reason being is that ...you...know better and must now pass that information along to others. If you wear the logo of the order be prepared to be critized for forgetfulness and for the lack of educating others. If you need further clarification of why the HoL commands the respect it deserves message me.
Thank you so much for your anticipated cooperation, WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:33 am

**sits comfortably in his chamber, takes out his inkwell dabbbing a quill and starts to write on well aged parchment**
"Greetings brothers and sisters of the order: I hope you all are well. There are certain times that I remain in deep meditation and am unavailable to perform the induction ceremony. Fellow brother Dobroc has shown interest by furthering his experiences by study and meditation. It is well during this time, that a follower of the WK, present long awaited ceremonies to the most patient candidates. Dobroc has performed the induction ceremony for Wintersheart and am anxiously awaiting the scroll of the event. When I do read the scroll I will happily share it with you all.
May the gods bless the followers of this holy order, WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:23 am

~~parchment sent to those of the order~~
Dear brothers and sisters: It is once again that time of the year, the time of the winter solstice. It is a time when we might reflect on the passing of the year. A time to take count of the good you have done for the many in the lands. A time to plan for a better year to come, with fresh ideas. The past winter solstices' have taken the order and friends to the Dundee temple in N'rolav. During a recent discussion it was determined that the venue will be changed. This year's pilgrimage will be to honor the god Cory, taking us through some very hostile territories, especially for the initiate and lower level adventurers. Further particulars will be sent with the next missive. The date will be the eve of the winter solstice, Sunday Dec. 20 4pm EST. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

Return to “Tales of Adventure”