++A Winter's Knight++

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
sarducci2
Adventurer

++A Winter's Knight++

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:02 pm

Time has come to reveal the secrets of the happenings within our world during this prior winter's solstice. Most all Trinaldians, have experienced changes, with improved knowledge, that blacksmiths used to create stronger items for our protection. Some have heard rumors of a knight, that wanders through the towns of Valorn, searching for initiates which have shown focus in their training, understand respect for all, and have the ability to conquer a quest. The quest involved a qualified initiate, no alt characters, solely the guildless participating in a finding of a particular phrase, that when messaged to the Winter's knight would then receive a response. The initiate was told by a knowing elder that they qualify to know the secret phrase and was thus told. The initiate then attempted to locate and ask for an audience with the Winter's Knight. The audience was held in a holy place with many on-lookers and assistants who participated.
The high Clerics Sylent One and Lady Edenn helped perform the ceremony of the transfer of a satchel containing 150P. The weapon of the initiate was also blessed with Cory and Ben's strength. The initiate was asked that in return they would equip themselves well, honor and respect all, and help those less fortunate than themselves. The attending elders were extended the proper salutations and respect of their levels. There have been 5 initiates that have proved worthy and finished the quest.
((OOC...thank you all who devoted time and plat to make the Winter's Knight such a success.
This role-playing experience has involved over 15 professionals and many initiates from the different guilds providing sponsorship and ceremonial assistance.))

sarducci2
Adventurer

A resurgence of interest in the WK project

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:26 am

((OOC...I am flattered that players want to see more of the Winter's knight and will do my best to re-continue, although, with some changes.
The changes are being tweaked at this moment and will post the final rules for the Winter's Knight quest tomorrow for elders to read. Interaction among players who like to role play are always welcome. This event is not associated with any guild and all are invited to participate even if just to assist the final ritual ceremony. All participants in the ceremonies will have their roles posted on this thread real soon. Feel free to pm me with questions or just to touch bases**smiles**))

rmcenta
New Adventurer

Postby rmcenta » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:33 am

I was honored to be invited to the Winter's Knight's ceremony! The kind Sarducci gave me a challenge and I was fortunate enough to understand his meaning enought to answer the riddle. The ceremony was a thing of wonder: candles, a kind assistant, and a holy place. I was entreated to spread the good word of the Winter Solstice, do favors for others, and train hard to help curb growing evil in the realm. Sarducci and the Knights gifted me generously, and I left with a glad heart. I proceeded to greet everyone I met in the realm, gifting them the gifts I could bestow, and passing on Sarducci's message about the Winter Solstice! Never did I have such a heart-warming night. Thank you, friends, for the honor *bows deeply*
"For every question in life there is a simple answer, and it is wrong." - Mark Twain

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:16 pm

As you have been touched by the Winters knight, may you in turn, touch others in your own manner and ways. May the gods Cory and Ben protect and watch your passage through our land:)

sarducci2
Adventurer

Participant information

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:24 am

Initiates following the quest given by the WK will need an elder for assistance to accomplish. First, the initiate will need a particular phrase to use to contact the WK to obtain his rping in that mode. Secondly, the initiate will need an elder to give them an item they wouldn't be able to get on their own. I was thinking of a fine silkspun red tunic that can be given to the initiate when they attend the final ceremony to transfer the plat. The elder , if wearing also a red tunic or dress, would also get awarded 25 plat.
The ceremonial participants:
1. highest level cleric attending will stand next to the WK facing the initiate and will bless the shield and weapon with Corys protection and Ben's fury when cued. Will get all the respect of that position by all attendees.
2. the elder sponsor or another elder if sponsor isn't present, will stand next to the initiate following the lighting of the ancient red candles never used, also when cued. The small altar is behind the WK with the candles, silver and gold satchels containing the plat.
3. two other cleric may be the knight hospitallers. This includes the handing out of candles to all attendees and another to help guide them to remain silent, so WK can speak uninterrupted, and form a semi circle behind the initiate just out of his main vision.
4. When cued all attendees, if possible, will say "brotherhood" such as: **turns to all attending** This initiate must learn one thing from that he has endured. The love of fellow man and what else our elders? The response would be "brotherhood".
4. any profession may attend.
5. the phrase for the elder is: "The Winter Knight has a warm heart".

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:24 pm

small change....all clerics should wear there respective Ben or Cory robes. The initiate in red silk remains the same. All other professions attending should wear whatever ceremonial robe they deem appropriate. Also, this is not a *guild sell* in any way or manner, so please refrain from that. Let the initiates, see for themselves, how the guilds interact in our community:)

Ruby Falcon
New Adventurer

Transcript--A Winter's Knight, 1/18/2006

Postby Ruby Falcon » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:38 am

** Ruby Falcon gets to her feet, and dusts herself off**

Ruby Falcon has left south

KABOOOM! Zerelda goes streaking across the sky, torn asunder by tidal forces, shockwaves, and other dangerous

science things!

Ruby Falcon has entered the area

Hansen Beck has entered the area

Allorna Morningstar has entered the area

Hansen Beck *smiles a bit woefully as he sees Sarducci*

Sarducci **stands facing the altar meditating in the center of the alcove**

** Ruby Falcon picks two red candles up from the altar**

** Allorna Morningstar bows head.**

** Hansen Beck bows his head**

** Ruby Falcon walks slowly, almost reverently over to Hansen and Allorna, holding out a candle to each**

Sarducci **turns from the altar and watches all for a moment as he focuses**

Ruby Falcon Hansen... I'm too little... would you please light the candles?

** Hansen Beck smiles, lights candles**

Sarducci *8small smile as he watches the youngest one doing so well and feeling proud**

Sarducci Allorna and hansen what have you performed today that brings you back to me?

** Ruby Falcon stands behind Allorna, and smiles, watching the proceedings**

** Hansen Beck lays down the proof the he and Allorna's quest this night**

** Allorna Morningstar kneels and bows head even lower.**

Hansen Beck Noble Sarducci, Lovely Ruby, Allorna and I did battle the forces of darkness mightily this night.

Sarducci **holds hands up to hansen as to quiet him**please let Allorna speak of her adventure

KABOOOM! Zerelda goes streaking across the sky arms flailing wildly

Allorna Morningstar *With eyes lowered.* Our quest would have been more successful had I been a greater warrior to

assist Hansen. We fought bravely, but I failed. Please forgive me. I did not strike a killing blow to either of

these creatures.

** Hansen Beck bows head**

KABOOOM! Zerelda goes streaking across the sky arms flailing wildly

KABOOOM! Zerelda goes streaking across the sky! I can see my house from here!

Sarducci *as he listens he turns and takes the satchel silver lined silk satchel off the altar

Allorna Morningstar I have been more honored than I deserve.

Allorna Morningstar Hansen is a noble and able adventurer, but I was not strong enough to assist him as well as I

ought.

** Allorna Morningstar bows head mournfully.**

Hansen Beck Pardon me Sarducci, but Allorna does herself a diservice and I must correct it. She battled to the peak

of her abilities against the beasties. It was my lack of wisdom that held us back this night. *bows head to floor*

Sarducci and hansen what do you say and was she helpful in the quest?

Sarducci *8listens intently**

both of you have done what few would have attempted no less come back without final death**raise your head**

Hansen Beck Sarducci, Allorna did not shirk when the beats lept at us from all sides of the canyon. She held her

sword high and parried several blows, shouting "For the honor of Ben and Cory"! I was inspired to try my best to

kill the evil creatures after witnessing

Hansen Beck her valor

World Crier Khrystanna Lynne has just been advanced in power and skill!

** Hansen Beck raises head**

World Crier It is midnight, and all is well!

** Allorna Morningstar looks at Sarducci with hopeful eyes.**

**nods to Ruby**

Sarducci You have both done extraordinary work

Sarducci **holds out the silver satchel waiting for Ruby to take it**

** Ruby Falcon moves from behind Allorna over to the altar and removes two satchels, both made of very fine

material**

** Ruby Falcon accepting the satchel from Sarducci**

Sarducci yes Ruby the silver to hansen and the gold one to Allorna

Ruby Falcon yes, m'lord

Sarducci hands something over to Allorna Morningstar

** Ruby Falcon holds the silver satchel in her left hand and the gold in her right, she kneels in front of Hansen

and Allorna, holding up both satchels, her head bowed**

Sarducci hands something over to Hansen Beck

World Crier Adoneis de Narcissus has just been advanced in power and skill!

** Hansen Beck accepts the satchel from Ruby, but with a slight look of sadness on his face**

KABOOOM! Zerelda goes streaking across the sky in several different directions at once!

Sarducci Allorna and hansen..comraderie is a lesson that was taught to survive in valorn

** Allorna Morningstar accepts with deep humility.**

Sarducci you are learning

Sarducci The gods will watch over you and give you hope when all looks so very dark

Sarducci it is time for the Winters knight to meditate and rest from this oh so weary day

Hansen Beck *smiles at Allorna, realizes the wisdom of this Winter Knight's quest*

** Ruby Falcon gets to her feet, dusts herself off, and returns to her place behind Allorna**

Hansen Beck *bows to Sarducci* Thank you for this lesson, and for my new comrade *smiles*

** Allorna Morningstar nods to Hansen, seeing the lesson in the Winter Knight's words.**

** Allorna Morningstar curtesys deeply to all present.**

Sarducci May you help those that seek assistance as best you can...Ruby please use the snuffer

** Hansen Beck bows deeply**

Ruby Falcon yes, m'lord

** Ruby Falcon picks up the snuffer, with more than a little reverence, and puts out the candles one by one**

Allorna...Ias I fade into the winter's night perhaps I will be seen on occassion and will seek your assistance will

you help?

Allorna Morningstar In all and any ways possible, my lord.

World Crier Sinoma has just been advanced in power and skill!

** Hansen Beck helps boost Ruby up to reach the high candles**

**watches the Winter's page do as learned**

Hansen Beck And I as well, if I can be of help, Sarducci.

Ruby Falcon thank you, Hansen *smiles* That one was too high for me

Sarducci go in peace and may the gods bless your passage through our lands...thank you Sir hansen

Sarducci preach of good will and of the Winters knight to all that will listen*8smiles**

** Hansen Beck bows his way out of the room proudly, but not quite as proud as he wishes he was**

Hansen Beck has left south

Hansen Beck 's Rapier's Blessing of Ben`s Great Fury has worn off

Hansen Beck 's Falchion - Left's Blessing of Ben`s Great Fury has worn off

Sarducci Ruby will you stay and help me with the altar?

KABOOOM! Zerelda goes streaking across the sky! I can see my house from here!

KABOOOM! Atlanta goes streaking across the sky kicking and screaming

** Allorna Morningstar exits, more wise and sad then when she entered, but with renewed determination and hope.**

Allorna Morningstar 's Iron Knights Shield's Blessing of Cory`s Greater Protection has worn off

Allorna Morningstar has left south

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:06 am

Those elders that want to start out assisting the initiates in the quest to find the secrets of the Winters knight, will start as guardians of the Holy ceremonial place. These elders, that aren't sponsoring the initiate, which means go on the quest with them somewhere around Dundee or milltown, will look for *qualified* initiates that seem worthy of the time we spend in the effort to find them. The WK will be around Dundee and its Inn this evening around 9pmEST Thursday. Ask what secrets Ruby Flacon may have in rping in the Inn perhaps.
During the ceremony to award the plat to the initiate and sponsor the guardians will stand at the ceremonial entrance advising those that enter to take a candle if they would like to watch and all will form a semi circle around the initiate and his elder sponsor. Guide each traveller to their respective place in the semi circle and rp as you like:) You all will be facing the mobile altar, the WK, and the highest of cleric elder present to the right of the WK.
All respect is do to the highest of the elders present, with emphasis on the elder to the right of the WK. have fun and hope you all enjoy the rping**smiles**

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm

To be as fair as possible to all, the Winters knight, will make rounds around noon EST this week.

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:46 am

The contact citizens of Valorn, regarding the Winter's Knight quest and experience, should contact these individuals:
The Winter's Page...young Ruby Falcon
Captain-General of the Knights Templars...High Priest Akbar Abdala
High Cleric Priestesses:Sylent One, Lady Edenn, Demelza, Kalea
Knight Hospitallers...Hansen Beck, Haven Celes, Eli Govang
Knight Acolyte...Apolla Hartfort

sarducci2
Adventurer

mock ceremony

Postby sarducci2 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:21 am

There will be a meeting of those elders (over lv 15)interested in participating in the WK experience for the initiates. ( Thursday Feb 23, noon EST ) Questions and answers will be addressed along with a mock ceremony. The ceremony may or may not include a candidate. Those that can't attend it's alright. I will repeat the same during the evening, for those that can assist, during that time only.

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:45 pm

((this is part of the Winters knight quest for all to see the happenings))Driphh Ensage I am a patient man, Haven, I can honestly say that. I put up with you, don't I? *wink*

Haven Celes Cheeky...I like that *grin*

Driphh Ensage So, you will translate it, and then we will have a better idea of what to do next, is that correct?

Haven Celes Ok, go on and take a seat, Ill see what I can get from this *pulls an old tattered scroll from her pack*

Haven Celes that is correct my friend

** Haven Celes unrolls the scroll very carefully and examines it closely**

Driphh Ensage It might be difficult for me to work with you at times, Haven, but it would never be something I don't enjoy.

Haven Celes This is definitley going to take a minute or two....

Driphh Ensage *Driphh takes a seat, happily admiring the furrow of concentraion on Haven's brow*

Haven Celes Awe Im not that difficult *winks*

** Haven Celes scans the text slowly, following the faint lettering with her fingertip**

** Haven Celes eyes slowly glaze over as she starts muttering a strange dialect in a harsh tongue**

Driphh Ensage Haven, are you ok?... *worried look*

Haven Celes body begins to tremble, as the words come faster from her lips

** Haven Celes is flung backward from a surge of power as the scroll bursts into flames**

Driphh Ensage Haven...? is this supposed to happen?

Driphh Ensage *rushes to Haven's side* Haven?! Are you alright?

** Haven Celes eyes flutter as she slowly comes around**

** Haven Celes puts a hand to her forehead wincing slightly**

Haven Celes *slowly shakes her head and winces again* Oh man..thats like a day after the inn headache

Driphh Ensage *Driphh laughs nervously* Oh thank the Gods! What happened?

Haven Celes Thats a good question...

Haven Celes I do know what we are supposed to do though *grins*

Haven Celes Man..I hope you are really up for this

** Haven Celes sits up slowly and gives you a smile**

Haven Celes Thank you for worrying, Driphh, I greatly appreciate it

Driphh Ensage I can't help it Haven, and yes, I am up for anything with you.

Driphh Ensage *realises what just came out of his mouth and turns deep betroot*

Haven Celes I was hoping you would say that *smiles*

Driphh Ensage The quest, I am up for it... *embarrassed*

** Haven Celes laughs softly**

Driphh Ensage Here Haven, that must have been exhausting *offers hand* Sit down, and take a breather

Haven Celes Are you ready for what the scroll said?

Driphh Ensage yes, I was being patient... *wink*

Haven Celes Good man *grins*

Haven Celes Apparently you need to find the Ice Crystal in an alternate Dimension...

** Haven Celes all humour drains from her eyes**

Haven Celes It's in Nrolav, a place that breeds demons and evil...

Haven Celes Not a pretty place to go

Driphh Ensage *jaw drops* An alternate dimension? I have barely been beyond the gates of Milltown... can I do this?

Haven Celes Thats why Im here darlin *grins*

Driphh Ensage *grins back* do you promise to arm yourself with more than a burger?

** Haven Celes bursts out in laughter**

Haven Celes I promise *grin*

Haven Celes So my friend, are you prepared for this?

Driphh Ensage *looks seriously into Haven's eyes* I see what you meant about trusting you before... I guess my life is in your hands. but I am ready, and I will fight hard and maybe you'll need me from time to time... *grin*

** Haven Celes gives you a bright smile**

Driphh Ensage I am ready, Haven *bows as deeply as possible without falling over*
Driphh Ensage *falls over*

Haven Celes Lets go play with some demons *laughs*

Driphh Ensage *stands up and dusts himself off*

Driphh Ensage so, is there anything we need to do to prepare for this?

Haven Celes I need to grab one thing...Meet me in Milltown Center

Driphh Ensage ok, see you there shortly

** Haven Celes Gives you a wink and skips off**

(*Note* Sadly because of computer problems, I was not able to save the beginning or the end of the quest. ~ Haven)

Ruby Falcon
New Adventurer

Postby Ruby Falcon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:25 am

Winters Knight's attendance: Ruby Falcon | Sage Whitethorn | The Noble Sarducci | Lord Hansen Beck | Thaliea Blackcrow | The Noble Elic Thrall |

~ ◊ ~

A great sense of peace fill the Meditation Circle as Sarducci stands before the gathering, his form bathed in the light from the alter within. A smile touches his lips as he prepares to speak. "Good evening all, we are waiting for a few more assistants"

Lord Hansen Beck smiles at Sarducci and Ruby. "I answered Sheira's message with one of my own, but I have not heard a peep from her since."

Sarducci bows his head to Lord Chade, respecting his title "welcome" then turns to Hansen "When did you return her message Hansen?"

Lord Hansen Beck responds "A few moments ago."

*From the path guarded by the ever present stone statues of the Goddess Xia; Elic thrall makes his way into the
Meditation Circle, then Bows to all present.*

Elic looks around and smiles "Greetings."

Sarducci's eyes follow Elric, a warm smile greeting him "Hello Elic do you know lord beck?"

Lord Hansen Beck grins and bows his head "Greetings Elric"

Elic looks to Sarducci "We have yet to be introduced but his reputation precedes him...." Turns to Hansen Beck "Greetings Lord Beck."

Ruby excitedly hugs Elric "Elic! Hi!"

Lord Hansen Beck grins at Elic “Ah, a reputation. Never accurate and seldom complementary. I'll have to try to live it down through my words and deeds. Or just buy you enough ale to make you forget you ever heard of the reputation.â€

facefull
New Adventurer

Postby facefull » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:53 pm

I have been asked to become part of the Winters Knight team.
It is indeed a great honour to be considered.
my hope is that I fulfill my duties and responsibilities with the same honour that has been bestowed upon me *bows*

Cemil Davilar
New Adventurer

Postby Cemil Davilar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:24 am

This is an inspiring tale and adventure, and I would be honored to serve and further its cause! :)
Lost in Dark Grimoire!

sarducci2
Adventurer

Facefull and Cemil

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:01 am

Facefull and Cemil...you may now seek audience with me.

artzamy23
Adventurer

Postby artzamy23 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:47 pm

Well done. *applauding Johnny and Cemil*

*beaming like a mad woman*
~Thaliea
Please remember that we have to share the Earth. Let us not think that we are the sole owners and that those around us are merely paying rent.

Thaliea, #62516

Cemil Davilar
New Adventurer

Postby Cemil Davilar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:13 pm

artzamy23 wrote:Well done. *applauding Johnny and Cemil*

*beaming like a mad woman*
~Thaliea

*smiles, hugs you and waits patiently for the Winter Knight*
Lost in Dark Grimoire!

sarducci2
Adventurer

special thanks...

Postby sarducci2 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:53 pm

thank you all for attending last night's final ceremony for the initiate Glorna.
Lady Demelza High Cleric Priestess present
Glorna the candidate
Thaliea the sponsor of the candidate
Sir Hansen Beck a sponsor and lecturer
Ruby Falcon Winter knight Page
Haven Celes candle bearer and a sponsor
Framon candle bearer and onlooker
Artimus onlooker and candle bearer
corb onlooker and candle bearer

artzamy23
Adventurer

An application or petition to become a Knight Templar

Postby artzamy23 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:07 am

*Thaliea stands before the Elders and clears her throat softly* Greetings to all who are present. May the gods shine down their favor upon everyone who is gathered in this sacred place. I come before you, humbly beseeching you to consider my blade as service to the Temple in Branishor. Since I have arrived in Dundee a long time ago, I have made friends; joined a guild; and attained my profession as a Cleric. I wish to be of service to the gods and to those in my profession by training long and hard in order to attain the skills and strength to defend the Temple against any enemy that would dare try to attack Branishor. Sarducci has asked me to share the story of how an initiate, Glorna, that I sponsored for the Winter Knight's quest completed her task without complaint.

It all began a few nights ago as Glorna told a harrowing tale about an artifact that had been in her family for centuries was stolen by a horde of Rotting Archaeologists. She described the scene through the eyes of a child who remained well hidden while her family and the entire village was wiped out, and it moved me to action. It was decided that we would roam the Endless Desert in search of such a horde that I had encountered on my travels to the tomb.

Although the sun beat down upon us, and the air was dry, we tredged on. Sweat beading across our foreheads, and mouths dry with thirst would not stop us in our pursuit of recovering the heirloom. Glorna stumbled once, and at the touch of my hands, the god's gift of healing flowed through my fingers. She said her weariness subsided at that moment. Onward we trudged, over dunes and through dried riverbeds until our boots met with cobblestone.

I thought it was a strange surface to be found in the desert, however I recalled through my heat-induced haze that this road was not foreign to me. We soon would encounter the enemy. We stealthy moved along that road, careful to hold our packs so that no loose items would rattle and give away our presence. We saw a decaying figure bending over an area of the road with an odd brush in one sinewy hand, and a sieve in another. Glorna prepared herself for the attack. I was prepared to heal her should she require my services.

The first blow bounced across the spine of the monster. He roared and spun around. The brush quickly dropped to the ground and a dagger replaced it in the creature's hand. Blows were exchanged. The sound of a lance piercing paper-thin skin and decrepit tissue, like the hissing of a viper, made my stomach turn. However, I could not turn my head. Glorna ran back a few paces and I followed to heal her quickly before the creature could spring upon us. She fought him until he finally collapsed internally and lay among the rubble as a pile of bones. The heirloom was not in his possession, though.

Glorna bravely fought many an Archaeologist that day, she collected monacles in her pack. Each attack gave her strategy for the next target. Her eyes seemed to glow with that inner power that tells us we will triumph in victory. I healed her again and again, and had to drink potions to regain my strength. Finally, after slaying a particular foul beast, Glorna raised her head to the heavens and screamed aloud in a victorious shout. She held a bracelet that seemed to radiate a dark power, but had been tamed by the care of her family for countless generations. We were weary, battered, tired, and very thirsty. With light hearts we made our way back to Milltown to celebrate the success of Glorna's quest as she reclaimed her family heirloom.

Glorna hugged me tightly and departed for a brief time. I quickly scribed a letter to Sarducci detailing the completion of Glorna's quest. His return letter stated that this quest pleased the gods and that Glorna would have a ceremony in her honor. The details of that ceremony will be revealed soon.

I hope that my story has brought honor to the gods, and that I might be found worthy to serve the Temple to the best of my ability.

*Thaliea kneels before the committee of Elders and bows her head as she prays silently*
Please remember that we have to share the Earth. Let us not think that we are the sole owners and that those around us are merely paying rent.

Thaliea, #62516

Return to “Tales of Adventure”