++A Winter's Knight++

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Ano
New Adventurer

Postby Ano » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:03 am

After haveing a dove drop in my hands a note from Glo,which read"Ano please meet me at The HOl and we shale start your second quest"
So i rushed off to meet her, only to be stoped bye one mad bear. So i quickly took care of it,and continued on my way. After a short waight i saw Glo coming up the path. so i went to meet her.
Ano: Hi Glo how are you?
Glo: im fine are you ready to start this quest?
Ano: Yes Glo i am ready to start my quest.
Glo: ok follow me like you were my tail
Ano: *snikers at that tought of Glo having a tail* ok im ready. After you my friend.
After walking out of Milltown for a short time we reached a spot which Glo called the spot to do the tree dance.
Glo:are you ready to start tree dancing?
Ano:*wipes brow* hmm tree dancing? what do i do?
Glo:just do as i do hun*jets off to the left the back to the right several times*
Ano:*wipes sweat off his face* wow never done anything like that befor.
Glo:*smiles* what do you see?
Ano: well it looks like the dark forest still why is somthing to change?
Glo:Yes and you will see soon fallow me.
after a short walk we ented a place the resembled Milltown.
GloAno what do you see?
Glo:*awaights Ano's reply
Ano:*looks around* All I see is buildings that are in a state of disrepair.
Glo:yes now stay close to me
they walk down to the east, to what seems like the remenats of Milltown witha toppled mill.
Glo: and what do you see here??
Ano:I see more destruction and ruble.as well as a poor soul who did not make it out of here alive.
Ano:This place has a feeling off gloom and a lack of benevoliance as if evil has washed away the light in this land.*slightly shivers* This place brings great saidness to me.
Glo: Aye it dose have a spookey feeling to it. But do not worry we are almost done in this land. Fallow me there is somthing i still have left to show you.
after leaving i turned an looked over my shoulder for one last look, and i tought i saw the dust cloud take shape of a verey old and wise evil. That form looked alot like an evil deamon. i quickly rubed my eyes thinking them to play trickes on me. But as soon as i looked again the mistic looking cloud vanished as fast as it formed.
Ano: Glo did you see.... never mind it was nothing. *shakes head unsure of what he saw was real or not*
Glo:Dont stray from my path.
Ano:*thinks to his self* after what i just saw i dont think i wouldnt think of it
Glo:Were here. So what do you see here in this place?
Ano: Here the sky looks like it has a tint of blood in it, but there are people here so it looks like life has anchored itself here not willing to uproot and leave.
Glo:And what of those people over there? Why do tou think they are still here?
Ano: Well it looks as if they are here to provide aid to travlers who wonder these parts. I think they stay here unharmed due to their faith. As well as a beacon of light in which to help guide the light of life back to these parts. Am i right?
Glo*smiles* yes it seems you have a good grasp of what has happend here. We are almost done, hurry this must not waight.
Rushed off at a brisk pace untell we reached a old statue of Ben.
Glo:What do your eyes ponder upon in this place and why do you think that statue stands here?
Ano:I see that the land around the statue is wel kept as if some one atends to it daily. As for the statue being here i belive the pepole of this land have erected it in honor of the gods and showing the respect they have for them. I belive they poured their sweat and blood into the construction of the staut because of their love and devotion. Besides this place gives off the felling of one such as in the HOL but much stronger and brighter, a beacon of hope.
Glo:*smiles bright* yes i see you have learnd much from your first quest. one last think you must see, come with me.
walks twards a cleanly keept area with a tomb in the center
Glo:Read the scribing on the tomb and tell me what your interpertation of it is.
Ano:*reads the text* hmm i think it means that with great power comes great sacrafice.
Glo:yes it means that as well but it mainly means that if you fight as one you will fail in your taskes. It's the way of the WK to stay united in spreading knowledge.
Ano:Yes but wouldnt it also mean we need to learn from ours and other peoples errors and stay united as one. its the code of chilvery, is it not?
Glo:NO my friend it is nothing like that its the way of life the oath of the Knight Templars, to be kind, caring and helpfull ect. ect.
Ano:*smiles* yes its a nother name for it thats what i meant. meaning to be brave, kind, helpfull, honest, and wise to uphold your honor as a person and more importantly to uphold the honor of the Winter Knights.
Glo:*smiles* my you have learnd alot you seem to understan quite alot of the WK teachings with out needing further explanations. Im verey proud of you. now pick up that stone an hold on to it for your cerimoney.
Ano:Are we done here?
Glo:Yes lets head back to Milltown and set up a time for yor induction into the Winter Knights.

After that ordeal we walked back to Milltown chating about our day and what past experiances training. it was quite a nice change from the gloom and lack of benavoalionce from tha lands we just left
finishes with proud to be a member of the Winter Knights.
*rolls up the scroll and tuckes it in his bag then pulls up a chair next to the fire in the inn and falls a sleep.

sarducci2
Adventurer

anotiqe

Postby sarducci2 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:22 am

((well done Anotiqe**applauds**))
Noble Sarducci 49517

Maerad
New Adventurer

Postby Maerad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:39 am

*sends a scroll to Sarducci by messenger*

Sarducci,

I know that I have not been as active in the Wk as I could be, and I apologize. There are reasons, none of which I can share. Perhaps you could forgive this young WK for not being as active as she could be. Once again, my apologies.

Molly Shadow
Maerad Shadowfire, Warrior

sarducci2
Adventurer

Molly

Postby sarducci2 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:11 am

Molly this parchment sent to you will reaffirm that you are in good standing and we all await your presence when practical for you. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

kaballoi
Experienced Adventurer

Sets up a small Stall...

Postby kaballoi » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm

**kaballoi smiling snaps out a clean cloth to fall over a small folding table. She pulls from her pack a small bundle which she unrolls to reveal several very beautiful Gull Plumes...the most excellent of writing quills in all Valorn. Next she takes several new bottles of squid ink and places them next to the plumes in a orderly arrangement. Lastly she places a stack of new parchment upon the table.**

Anyone whom wishes to purchase a Gull Plume...they are 2 plat each. If you wish to purchase the plume, an ink bottle and a small stack of parchment...the price is 4 plat. *grins and displays the items with a sweep of her hand*

Profits shall be donated to the WK to support new candidates. Let me know if you wish a gull plume as they run low very quickly and must be special ordered.

**Sits patiently waiting for orders. Keeps her eye peeled for Sarducci...just incase she needs to close up shop quickly and move to a new area.**

Kaballoi contact: http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow93482.html

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:25 am

The VAF has a home here Kabs not a problem **smiles**
Noble Sarducci 49517

Maerad
New Adventurer

Postby Maerad » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:13 pm

I hereby resign from the WK. I am not able to devote any time, or effort to it, and should therefore not keep myself in it. I thank you all for everything. May the light of the Gods always shine upon your path.
Maerad Shadowfire, Warrior

sarducci2
Adventurer

Molly

Postby sarducci2 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:02 am

It's alright Molly, I understand you have more pressing issues. Anytime I can assist you or your guild in any way please call upon me.
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Winter solstice

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:23 pm

A time for reflection of oneself...a time for giving more than is received...a time to rekindle the ways and words of the order of the Winter Knight. As you have been touched by the Winter knight, may you in turn, touch others in your own manner and ways. May the gods Cory and Ben protect and watch your passage through our land:) Sarducci Winter Knight.
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Re: ++A Winter's Knight++

Postby sarducci2 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:54 am

A parchment is sent to those of the order of the Winter Knight....

Code: Select all

Greetings brothers and sisters of the order. These most recent full fledged attacks on our lands by the minions of Balthazar have caused multiple damage to areas of our lands. I fear that the future attacks may be aimed at where we will feel them the most. It is time to reunite and to protect our most valued aspect of Valornian life, our initiates and youth. Be prepared for a special meeting to discuss how the order could deal with the evil that plagues all of Trinald. May the gods protect the youth of Valorn and this order. Sarducci WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

Quark
New Adventurer

Postby Quark » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:58 am

* A Seal of blue wax upon a scroll of yellowed parchment, reading Winter Knight's Page*

Greetuings M'lord.
I Shall Make every effort to spread word to all of the order and all of trinald that ye hath returned and I shall relay thine missive.

Glorina. Winter Knight's Page

sarducci2
Adventurer

Virgil the Holy

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:42 pm

~~pinned in the training room at the HoL~~We all give thanks to the gods, our Queen Cordelia, High Cleric Elijah, and all those adventurers that thwarted the evil darkness and returned the lands once again as it was. It is time to assist the lands, after the trauma we sustained, and strengthen the initiates to replace those adventurers lost in the battles against the strong evil minions. Rise up and assist those, such as Virgil the holy who unflinchingly does his clerical duties. Stand next to him/her and do what you can to assist the initiates by providing locksmithing, enchantments, strength of the blade, or blessings. Self sacrififcing is tough but do whatever you feel most comfortable with your available time. Thank you, WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

new logo

Postby sarducci2 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:52 pm

The logo worn on Sarducci bears the bars in red crossed, as in a plus sign. Embroided letters are visible on the ends and the center where they cross. The ends have the letters in blue R E C W. They represent all the professions. The center crossing has a slightly larger letter "I" standing for the initiate, in white. Slightly smaller than the "I" would be WK in blue on each side.
Noble Sarducci 49517

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:04 pm

OOC~~disclaimer: The WK logo is in no way connected to any religious organization nor to the crusades. It just seems to go so well with this tunic:)
Noble Sarducci 49517

Sonya Darkheart
New Adventurer

Postby Sonya Darkheart » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:08 am

I was recently given a quest as part of my induction to the Winter Knights. As part of my quest, I was to ask an enchanter of level 50 or above what the hardest part of being an enchanter is and what can help to make it easier. I asked a few these questions and compiled their responses.

One responded that the hardest part is that it requires a great deal of patience, which he said he lacks. *laughs* He told me to listen to Anu, that to be successful as an enchanter you need patience...to set a goal and work hard to achieve it.

A second responded that the hardest part is the discipline required for learning your spells. It requires a great deal of time to reach the full breadth of ones power. So it takes dedication.

A third responded that the hardest part is training as an enchanter's equipment doesn't give them the physical strength others possess, and that to overcome this it's necessary to accept that you aren't a warrior...just you...and that you can only be as strong as the gods allow you to be.

I'm glad that I asked more than one, since I was given so much more than one answer would have given me. I gained a much better perspective on what it takes to be an enchanter...as well as what it means to be one. :)

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:56 am

**reads the scrolls presented to the world crier then pauses to reflect on Sonya's words...dips his quill into the blue ink** Greetings Sonya.You have met others along your journey, that perhaps, you might not have had the opportunity to meet. Perhaps, you have even gone out of your 'comfort zone' to seek the answers that were requested of you. You have had the opportunity to meet higher level enchanters and ask them pertinent questions about your future chosen profession. You now can see more clearly that you chose the correct profession that suits you best. The underlying point of your quest was to interact with the community and to see how well you did so. The feedback from those you spoke with is commendable at the very least. You did not ask much of their time, which means you were well prepared, for this part of your quest. I hope other initiates get to read your scroll. On part 2 of your quest, you had the patience needed to find the enchanter, who held an ancient crystal to bring back to me. You showed quickness to respond to that which was asked of you by this certain enchanter, again, causing you to seek the help of others with greater knowledge of the lands than yourself. You have learned the meaning of an important word during your quest...brotherhood... and how life in Valorn revolves around interacting as brothers and sisters for the good of all. May you study the scrolls of the order, and put to practice, that which you have learned, to create well thought out quests for others. Welcome Sonya to the Order of the Winter Knight and understand that you have finished your quests, but have just begun to embark on a new journey with great meaning. Learn by reading and asking questions. Please find Glorina, the page of the order, and ask to have her mentor you. You will learn much, so you can one day sponsor an initiate yourself to the order. may the gods be pleased with your holy work enchanter to be. Gods speed on your last initiate level. WK
Noble Sarducci 49517

sashtan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby sashtan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:07 pm

congratulations Sonya and well done ~smiles~

Valera
Adventurer

Postby Valera » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 am

The Ceremony of Hope Winters and Ushiba

In attendance were: Arlanna | James Silver | The Noble Sarducci | Ushiba | Hope Winters || The Noble Carmela | Aezrel Torynn | Glorina

** Sarducci walks past each statue of Xia, stops, says a quick prayer and nods, proceeds to the altar**

** Valera enters quietly and slips into position**

Hope Winters *bows to Valera*

** Valera *smiles and bows in greeting**

Sarducci **faces the altar then looks up into the holy light**

Ushiba ~bows greetings to Valera~

Sarducci **turns to face the others and motions for James and Arlanna to stand to his right also facing away from the altar**

** James Silver goes and stands to the right of Sarducci**

Sarducci welcome Val...Valera is the order's scribe

** Carmela Enters quietly and stands at the WKs' left hand****

Arlanna *does as Sarducci motions*

Hope Winters Hello Carmela *bows*

Valera *nods as she takes out her equipment*Hello, all.

Sarducci Carmela...a long time associate of the order

Carmela *smiles softly* Greetings

Ushiba ~smiles~ greetings niece

Sarducci Please introduce yourselves to a respected cleric of the order

Carmela Hello Uncle and aunt

Ushiba Greetings Carmela as if we did not know you~chuckles~

Valera *bows, careful not to spill her ink* M'Lady, an honor...

Ushiba I'm Ushiba ~grins~

Sarducci **motions for Ushiba and to Hope**please stand in front of me so I can see you both clearer

Hope Winters *smiles* Hello Carmela*

Ushiba ~the old wolf glides forward~

Arlanna *smiles and nods to Carmela*

** Hope Winters Stands in front of Sarducci**

** Valera busily scribbles, balancing a writing board**

Carmela Arlanna*smiles warmly* It has been a long time

** Sarducci gathers himself, takes a deep breath, then exhales slowly**

Sarducci By doing the research given to you both by the way of the scrolls...
Sarducci and improving ones’ worth to the lands....by assisting the youth, the backbone of Valorn

Sarducci ....by pursuit strong enough to bring you to this point...

Sarducci ....the point being that you are to be inducted into an order ....

Sarducci an order not for any personal gain but for self accomplishment...

Sarducci all that you see gathered here Hope and Ushiba are here...disregarding other matters....

Sarducci to show you the professionals of all levels and guilds

** Ushiba looks into Sarducci's eyes as he speaks**

Sarducci each of you will , after this day, communicate with your leader...and Hope for now we will wait for yours

Ushiba Don't you mean me?~speaks softly~

Sarducci unsheathes his ceremonial dagger letting the light glistens off each facet

Sarducci uhmmm, yes sorry I meant Ushiba**grins**

** Carmela winks at her uncle**

** Valera bites her lip and keeps her head down**

Sarducci Do you both vow to uphold the integrity of this sacred order of the Winter Knight and assist in as many events as practicable?

Hope Winters *smiles* Yes I do.

Ushiba Aye sir I do~bow's~

Sarducci then kneel where you are, look not at me but the holy light...

** Hope Winters Kneels and looks at Sarducci**

** Ushiba kneels slowly and looks into the light as he breathes deeply**

** Hope Winters oops the holy light**

Sarducci and assume that after this day *everything* that you do will be watched carefully by the gods, in my opinion that is.

Sarducci **grins**nicely done there hope

** Carmela laughs softly and winks at her aunt**

** Aezrel Torynn comes out of the garden and approaches the altar.**

Sarducci **turns and nods to James the Cleric leader**

** Aezrel Torynn whispers a greeting to all.**

Sarducci **nods to Az**

Arlanna *smiles and nods at Aezrel*

Hope Winters *smiles at Az*

** Valera looks up and nods to Aezrel**

** Sarducci taps Hope’s shoulder one time **

** Sarducci motions to Hope to remain in kneeling posture**

James Silver concentrates intently...

Hope Winters 's Demon Scale Armor radiates 'Blessing of Cory`s Greater Protection'

** Sarducci turns to Ushiba and does the same with his dagger and taps one time**

James Silver concentrates intently...

Ushiba 's Nightsky Armor radiates 'Blessing of Cory`s Greater Protection'

Sarducci Hope and Ushiba...stand and be recognized by your peers**motions for them to stand**

** Aezrel Torynn says a silent prayer in front of the altar and then turns, leaving quietly from the room.**

Aezrel Torynn has left east

Ushiba ~the old wolf moves to a standing position and faces the crowd~

Sarducci Give your salutations, all, to those starting a new journey with new meanings for self inner peace

** Hope Winters stands and looks at her peers.**

** Carmela goes over and hugs her Uncle then her Aunt and congratulates them both**

Hope Winters *smiles* Thank you

Arlanna *smiles softly walks over to shake Hope and Ushiba's hand*

** Sarducci hands Hope and Ushiba the new patch of the order**

Valera *shaking a cramp out of her hand and smiling* Congratulations, and welcome!

Ushiba Bows deeply to all the 'WK"

Carmela *laughs softly* Uncle how can you bow to yourself?

Ushiba ~blushes~

Carmela I'm sorry *smiles sweetly*

Sarducci excuse me all before we depart I would like to mention something...**looks around**

**A short discussion to tend to Order business ensues, during which Glorina arrived, before the closing prayer**

Sarducci Also since you are here, Glo...please give us a closing prayer to the gods

Glorina Aye m'lord

Ushiba ~bows in prayer~

** Valera bows her head, hands clasped **

** James Silver bows his head.**

** Carmela bows her head slightly**

** Hope Winters bows head**

Arlanna *closes her eyes*

** Glorina Turns to face the altar. looking deep into the Holy Light* Oh Holy Ben the Builder of worlds, Holy Corey the Giver of life. Holy Miranda and all the Gods that no longer walk the lands, we pray Ye,**

** Sarducci resheathes his dagger and bows head respecting the gods****

** Glorina raises her arms beseechingly, hands open to the skies* Please Guide and preserve us as we endeavor to do thy bidding in thy Names. **

** Glorina *voice rising slightly* We ask ye to see the Order as we strive to restore it and ask Thy Guidance so we may serve ye Cause. **

** Glorina LOOKS deep into the light and spreads her arms to encicle all present* We are thine children and freely offer our selves to thin Holy Cause. **

** Glorina Bows her head,* May Thine Holy Light Guide and Protect Us. * bows her head deeply* So Mote It BE! **

Sarducci So mote it be

** Glorina falls to her knees reverently before the alter in silence.**

Sarducci Your gusto will, I’m sure, be most noticed**looks up into the light**

** Glorina turns to all assembled and smiles though only seen in her eyes* Thank ye all for coming. **

Sarducci May the gods bless you all and guide your journeys.

Code: Select all

[code][/code]
Last edited by Valera on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get a life? What is this life you speak of?"

sarducci2
Adventurer

Postby sarducci2 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:34 pm

What is Brotherhood?
as answered by Kristian Krewz 07/24/08

My Lord. My Lady. It is like the first star you see in the night sky, trying to hold back the darkness by itself.

No matter how bright it might be, it is still no match against the blackness of the night.

Then, another shines in another part of the sky, adding it's light to the first.

Followed by another and another - each adding a little more light and design to the sky.

Soon we see more stars than we do sky - for they draw our attention. And we become entranced by the myriad designs they create
Each star shines with its own brightness - some more than others. But each adds to the overall design and brightness.

When we study them, we become familiar with them, they are almost like friends.

Take one away, and we would notice it missing - and would wish it back.

The effect of them all is wondrous, and I never grow tired of looking at them.

Each person is like a star, and when we all shine together (as a brotherhood) we can be just as wondrous...
Noble Sarducci 49517

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Sarducci asked me to write a little something on portals and how the Winter Knights intend to use them to teach those less experienced .....

The first time I saw one I was in awe, dumbstruck, gob smacked ….. speechless. I was standing in Dundee square and I couldn’t have been more than level 4 when a powerful enchanter raised his arms above his head and as the ground began to tremble and static crackled through the air a bright glow began to fill the whole area and suddenly a swirling blue portal roared open.

That was the first time I saw a portal but for many their first experience of a portal doesn’t happen until they’ve been in Valorn for a lot longer. And usually their first experience isn’t a great success, as Enchanter-created portals bare no markings as to their destination so an Adventurer either asks the Enchanter who cast it where it’s going or they take a leap of faith, count to 3 and jump. Without giving too many of the Enchanters secrets away portals go to many destinations from the relative safety of our towns to the more dangerous and desolate areas of Valorn. And without knowing where that portal is heading an Adventurer can end up in a place where the minions of the Demon Lord are far too strong for him, which usually means a very swift trip to an LM or a rescue mission!!

The Winter Knights aim is to give Initiates and those who are new to their Profession their first experience of a portal but in a safe way. Instead of taking a leap of faith and ending up who knows where, they will travel through a portal to an area that is relatively safe for their level of experience. Then hopefully the new adventurers of Valorn will learn to value the gift of portal making and not view it with as much trepidation.

Bebhinn
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”