Assault on the new threat!

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:39 pm

These sticks do not grow on trees :wink: I understand they are very rare

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:02 pm

We also found out that throwing ourselves into the abyss marc after marc does not help.

Hmm, so I guess we DID learn something.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:59 pm

:) I guess so...

Amon
New Adventurer

Postby Amon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:01 pm

yes but pointless mass suicide is just a noral everday thing when it comes to training for me and a few other people i know ;)

anyways it would be fun to do something so stupid its smart (or quite possibly just stupid :d) just for the fun of it...lol seriously, maybe we can do something like that elsewhere? like pick on the mallards for 24 marcs :d (yes i have a bad habit of trying to be humorous at the most inopertune moments :roll: )
wave, just wave and keep smiling

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:12 pm

Korrith wrote:I did, in Korrith's Journal. Long since lost to the unobtainable archives of Dgplayers....

One thing I forgot when I posted earlier.....I also wrote about this in my journal. And because the entry I wrote about this is in my old journal, I am still able to access it. So, for those who are interested: Here it is.

It was almost noon. Taking a break from training in the grasslands (Yes, a long time has passed since the events described in my first entry took place. Then a lvl 8 initiate. Then, a level 40 rogue, one of the most well known and powerful in Valorn), I was heading to Dundee to open the sewer grate once more. As I walked through Dundee road ( You cannot imagine how much I miss Guild Hall Lane being there. Ah, the nostalgy.....) I saw nothing, just Darkness. I could feel an evil presence, and immediately, I thought of Balthazar. Shadow Windwalker arrived, but with his light spells he could not break through the darkness. Dagobert arrived from Kilican, and his powers of Cory managed to bring Light back. However, I could feel Balthazar's presence. Dag left, and I opened the sewer grate. When I went back to investigate further, Shadow was gone. No footprints, no magical dust. But near the signpost I saw his ring. It was glowing with a faint, black light. As I picked it up, I was overcome by Darkness, a horrific pain ripped through my body, and I died. Reforming just north of there, I went back immediately, and there I saw Balthazar, he who I had already felt. I taunted him, but he did nothing. I should've known he was up to something. Others arrived. Then, Balthazar slowly went in the direction of the Dark Forest. He walked into the forest, and of course, we followed. And then he stopped, and the area was dark again. We waited, and waited. We walked into his trap as fools.

Balthazar had teleported to Dundee Inn. With everyone in the forest, nobody was there, most others were asleep. From what I've heard, he then spoke the words "So.....All 'heroes' are in the forest, leaving their inn undefended.". He laughed, and slammed his Orb of Everlasting Darkness into the ground. The earth trembled, and dark clouds began to gather above the inn. A howling sound was heard all across Valorn, and in teh middle of Dundee Inn, a gap appeared, leading into the darkness. As the messenger arrived, Richard and I looked at eachother, and we knew we were fooled. WE ran to the inn, into the abyss, and died. The scars of the dark raiders were all over my body as I reformed, but there were also other scars, of unknown origin. Clerics were called in for light, and there was a monster nobody had ever seen before. None could withstand the immense power. We fought for marcs, but we could not win.

The abyss grew in size. What was happening now? We continued fighting, without any result. Something had to happen.

I called everyone together for a coordinated action. The standard procedures would take place. Ordered by profession, all special items were to be used. And at the 18th marc, 30 marcs after the abyss had appeared, we attacked.........

It was a disaster. At the moment the rogues launched their initial strike, everyone all of sudden broke away from the plan and we turned into a group of unorganized bandits again. We were wiped out.

Many marcs later, Korrith tried to reogranize us. Again. and again, few used their brains. Too few. Way too few. And again we were wiped out.

It took many marcs before JKD killed the first demon. We went down the abyss, exploring the darkness....and found another room. again, a Demon was standing there. we were killed. it was an unending battle we could not win.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:31 pm

Wow... was cool to read about :) thanks!

Amon
New Adventurer

Postby Amon » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:06 pm

yep, thanks for digging it out!
wave, just wave and keep smiling

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Thank you, Thorin, for sharing that with us. How terrible! :(

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:36 pm

It was an informative read. Thankyou for finding it

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Return to “Tales of Adventure”