Cleanseing the Obelisk of Power, a Call to All for aide

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Maji
New Adventurer

Cleanseing the Obelisk of Power, a Call to All for aide

Postby Maji » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:00 pm

I was sent a message from Fleim Pliem 2 days ago now, quite unexpected, but welcome. He summoned me to his office at the Guild Headquarters for the Guardians of N'rolav, a very great honor.

Once there, he told me he had heard of my concern for his previous warnings to me and he informed me that they were not just a warning but a test, which apparently I have passed.

He proceeded to tell me the sad history of himself and his brothers, he told me what the Horde truely is. I was shocked to discover that this is why the bridge to the Dark Lord's realm in Verthedge is destroyed.

Such a terrible tragedy. It is the result of a valiant plea to the Gods for mercy, one which they answered. The dead can rest in peace but unfortunately, some were left of the Horde...they are the presence I felt in N'rolav..watching and waiting, they are there and they will attempt to pass into Valorn sooner or later. When they do, we must all be ready.

For this reason and others, it is vital to do all we can to restore to ourselves one of the mightiest weapons in our arsenal against Balthazar and his Horde. It is time to try and cleanse the Obelisk of Power of it's taint.

Fleim Pliem and I have made a plan and have joined together to see it accomplished, our dearest hope is to cleanse and rekindle the Forge of Power with the Light of the Gods, for the greater good of Valorn. The valiant Guardians of N'rolav will give thier strength to the ritual as will the HOL, and we are agreed, as is Sylent One, that all the people of Valorn must stand and attempt this with us, together as one great host.

It will be a Great Conclave consisting of all people, the light weilding Clergy, fueled by the energy of Enchanters, guarded by the arms and armour of Warriors and kept safe by the watchful eyes of Rogues. Even Initiates must attend for thier prayers will be dearly needed, it will be a gathering the likes of which has never before been seen in living memory in Valorn...and so it must be, to have any hope of success...we must all become one people, one great voice to shout out our need and call down the cleansing Light of our Gods.

May they hear us, may the Light we summon burn away the disease upon the Obelisk so we may reclaim what is ours, may we be granted the ability to free it from evil, to purify it with the blessing of our Gods.

Balthazar fears us, and fears our Light, fears the Ultimate Weapons of Power. We shall make him quake with his fear. We will draw the Ultimate Weapons of Power back into our hands once more. Together, we are stronger than the Dark Lord and the waiting Horde. We will prove it.

Myself and others shall call upon the people, we will send word far and wide, one human being after another taking up the call and passing it on to all they know, telling them that in two weeks time the Great Conclave shall be assembled with every man woman and child that can be, standing present.

On that day, when the Initiates stand ready to lend strength with thier earnest prayers, when the Warriors and Rogues are set to guard and watch over us all for any sign of danger and the Enchanters are ready to lend thier strength. The Clergy will summon the Light and, with the help of the Gods, the Forge of Power will hopefully be restored.
"Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice." - Ayn Rand

Maji
New Adventurer

Postby Maji » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:01 pm

*leaves a note attached to the parchment above*

The Great God Darren of Admin has given his consent to attempt the Ritual of Light, more may be needed but, we will not know anything unless we at least try. May his name be praised for all time.
"Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice." - Ayn Rand

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:27 pm

just say when and I for one will be there :)
although i'm a jester and never take things seriously sometimes ,But i just Pray to the gods that i can play a small part in this mighty task

Dirk Dt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Dirk Dt » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:22 am

you know you can count on me

SylentOne
Experienced Adventurer

Postby SylentOne » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:27 am

The Ritual of Light will need nine clerics, nine enchanters, nine rogues, nine initiates, and nine warriors to perform speaking roles. Anyone willing to perform a speaking role (you will be provided with the script) please post here your name and character number. Everyone in the land that can come to this will be needed to help pray, cast light, power, protect, and perserve.

*bows deeply before the gods* May the names of Ben, Cory, Darren, and Julia be praised for all time.

Dirk Dt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Dirk Dt » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:33 am

I would be honored to help

Dirk Dragonstale 12239

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:53 am

Zarock 12804,

I am at your call.

p.s. that means i will love to help
I would rather try and look a fool, than not try for fear of looking a fool.
Zarock12804

Ildara
New Adventurer

Postby Ildara » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:58 am

Ildara Bright-eyes 17938.

Delacroix
New Adventurer

Postby Delacroix » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:00 am

My spells are at your disposal.

Delacroix 23921
Last edited by Delacroix on Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christopher
Veteran

Postby Christopher » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:00 am

*stiffles a Laugh*
Life is Pain, Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

-Westley

Thandar_RR
New Adventurer

Postby Thandar_RR » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:27 am

*bows deeply* my blades shall be thine to command

Thandar #31900

Dunderbach
New Adventurer

Postby Dunderbach » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:56 am

I would gladly do anything in my power to help, only I'm concerned about what will happen if I commit and then I can't come at the time. Do we know when this gathering will take place?

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:50 am

I would be honored to have this opportunity. *curtsies low and gracefully*

Chryseis Fyre 38483

I must know beforehand though... and will give notice accordingly if something is amiss for me. Thank you. *smiles and curtsies*

Many cherished Thanks to our Lord Darren for making this possible and of course I do humble myself before all our Gods and Goddesses. *smiles appreciatively*

Zarock
Veteran

Postby Zarock » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:12 am

Christopher wrote:*stiffles a Laugh*

Whats that about?
I would rather try and look a fool, than not try for fear of looking a fool.
Zarock12804

Christopher
Veteran

Postby Christopher » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:31 am

:wink: I guess you'll never know. *Stiffles another laugh*
Life is Pain, Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

-Westley

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:09 am

Maji
New Adventurer

Postby Maji » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:20 am

The date for the Great Conclave is to be the 16th of July, it is the Saturday after next, 10 days from now.

This gives us time to spread the word far and wide, even to the farthest reaches of the land. We have time to make all the preperations, we even have time to rehearse the rite to make sure all know what to do.

Gods be with us.

*bows deeply with greatest respect to all*
Last edited by Maji on Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:22 am

hahaha! OH NOES that's the date of the new harry potter! we'll all be reading/running to get our books!

Hawdag
New Adventurer

Postby Hawdag » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:36 am

I would be honored to be there and help. Id number 17957

I will be available on the 23rd as well.
Last edited by Hawdag on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:19 pm

jimmykitten wrote:hahaha! OH NOES that's the date of the new harry potter! we'll all be reading/running to get our books!

*grins* thats exactly what i was thinking as well :)

Return to “Tales of Adventure”