Not Quite a suitable Childhood

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Eldrin Ivanshine
Social Leech

Not Quite a suitable Childhood

Postby Eldrin Ivanshine » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:05 pm

OOC: Basically, the back-story of my character, not very in-depth, unfinished, but I'll get the first parts up.
IC:

"Eldrin, stay of the edges of the boat, you'll fall down from there!"

There was a boy, about the age of seven, standing proud on a boat with children and adults alike, the last survivors of Nahor. Each was blue haired and red eyed, each one was tall, even the children were taller than most at their age. There on the side was Eldrin, the thirteen-year-old, dressed in a robe of silk looking down upon the ocean of water. Two days had it been since they set sail for the land of Valorn, the land Eldrin's father and mother had gone to. His mother left before he was born, his mother just last year. They went to fight the source of Nahor's problem, some sort of evil spell that made strange creatures appear across their lands. They say it was gathered by demons from an alternate universe, and that the largest spawns were over the sea to the north. So now Eldrin had set sail at the beginning of his teenage years.

Eldrin Ivanshine, son of the High Knight of Nahor, left to learn and train. To find his parents, to put and end to the evil. Quickly and valiantly iis how he though to take care of it. What he would get is a damaging journey, a massacre.

"I am far enough from the edges, Miss Elvardin. Please let me be, we shall reach there in but a few days correct?"

"Yes, child. But please to step back. we cant have you getting drown..." the tall lady in a gown, Miss Elvardin, was cut off by a red streak in the sky.

OOC: To be finished later
http://www.spoofpark.com/indiana/indy_bridge.jpg
Eldrin Ivanshine~Pirate Captain of Valorn~
Proud Enchanter of the RoK
Asliendor~Defender of Dundee, Apprenticeship sword to Elijah~

Eldrin Ivanshine
Social Leech

Postby Eldrin Ivanshine » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:20 pm

"What in the world is that?" cried Eldrin, nearly falling overboard as a loud noise thundered in the clouds. A girl, a few years older than Eldrin, stepped up behind him.

"It is a sign of good luck, brother. A red star means good look for Nahorian sailors." the girl said. Eldrin just shrugged and looked up at the red 'thing' moving through the sky. It had no set path and seemed to be able to move around with it's own free will.

"That star is going fast, and it's getting bigger as it goes, Sylvis" Eldrin said to his sister.

"That means even more luck!" Miss Elvardin stated, sweeping around a few sailors of the high deck. Eldrin's older brother was in at the helm, but he quickly gave it to another and walked over. The tall rogue patted Sylvis on the shoulder.

"Eldrin, you act to old for your age. Nine is a good age, but you seem to act more like a commander than a swabbie… anyway. Perhaps it means Valorn is not far." That is all that the oldest Ivanshine son said.

"Maybe, Avir" Eldrin said, still wondering if it was a sign of good luck. Their hope of reaching lands came crashing down very quickly. It seemed as if the great red star spotted them, then changed directions and came hurling down upon them. Everyone spotted it, some abandoned ship. It sounded like thunder to their ears. It was a massive rock, alit with red flame. Avir ran to the helm and began spinning it wildly, as Sylvis and Miss Elvardin tried to get the sails moving. Eldrin began thrown out a few extra rafts they had aboard, as well as large planks of wood to float on. However, the meteor could consume them all. As the metero crashed upon the ship, Eldrin dove out to sea, hoping those still there had doen the same. The meteor crashed into the great wooden structure, wood and fire and ash was thrown into the air. Wood splintered all around him, waves began moving quickly beneath him, and the wreckage was nearly completely annihilated as screams were heard and Eldrin hit the water, blacking out.

--Uknown amount of time Later--

OOC: To be finished

Eldrin Ivanshine
Social Leech

Postby Eldrin Ivanshine » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:59 am

"Keep eldrin in the lowest cabin! He cannot see me until the time has come!" said a strange voice, speaking in Nahorian.

"Aye sir! If he does not join us, the he will face death. You know that right? DO not show compassion for your son or Altimos will slaughter you!" said a demon, attempting to speak Nahorian but doing it rather poorly. This was all Eldrin heard before he saw to men dressed in gray cloth picking him up from the deck of the ship and carrying him off. He felt like he couldn't breathe, yet he could, he was wet, his skin wrinkled. How long had he been in the water?

The gray men rather hastily threw him in one of the bottom rooms, then locked the door, as far as Eldrin could tell by the loud clicking noise. Opening his eyes, he saw the door was barred. Eldrin struggled up and grabbed it, shaking it as much as he could.

He heard laughter from around the corner of the door, then a cold raspy voice.

"You'll never get out like that, human fool!" Eldrin slunked down on the rotten wood ground in defeat. Where was he?

Eldrin Ivanshine
Social Leech

Postby Eldrin Ivanshine » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:10 am

Eldrin Ivanshine rouse from the ground, attacking his blockade once again in anger. Pounding his fists against the bars he eventually felt the ache, his hands bruised from the constant drumming of sorrow. He was trapped and there was nothing he could do about it. Water dripped from his wet hair to the ground, slowly he sunk back into a crumpled pile of his miserable self. His body was wrinkles still, he had apparently been wet for a long time.

"Stupid boy..." muttered the voice. Eldrin noticed how harsh and raspy it was. Laughter erupted once again, this one from another voice.

"Bold words from a coward hiding behind a door! Come out you rat!" Eldrin spat. The two voices stopped dead after Eldrin's words. The clamp of armored boots against the floor echoed into his ears. Before he could move, the door sprang open, knocking him sprawling backwards.

Looking up, Eldrin gasped at what he saw. He had heard tales of demons from the shores of Valorn, but never did he expect to see one just had the Nahorian folk tales had described. The beasts in Nahor were cruel, but they were animals rather than horribly disfigured and mutated men. t was an average height gangling creature, hunched over and armored in some areas and not in others. Long hideous ears, pierced with black rings, stretched out from a misshapen head. It didn't seem to have a nose, just slits. It has large fangs, hideous and green. The thing lurched towards Eldrin, who drew back in fear.

He soon felt realism flood into him. This was a creature of death and shadow, not from this world, not natural. It wasn't anything that belonged here, it's ability to shroud itself in darkness told him that. This thing had the purpose to serve, and serve only those of power. They obeyed dark will, they would grow to be the creatures of his nightmare.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:57 pm

Last edited by superduck on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:58 pm

Last edited by superduck on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Eldrin

Postby Eldrin » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:20 pm

(edit your post. THis aint a grammar trap, nor is it supposed to be out of character)

Return to “Tales of Adventure”