Knight's Fall: Episode IV Collision

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:47 am

OOC Preface:

The following story is a historical tale. It is written as a story, but the events are true and accurate.
I only ask that the players understand that knowledge of these happenings is completely OOC unless they hear the tale directly from one of those involved - currently, the list of people who might have heard a detailed recount would be extremely short. I only mention this for new players - so that they may enjoy the stories as players and realize that characters will not automatically gain that knowledge. This, unlike other stories, is not 'posted in public' for characters enjoyment. It is not written by Raffe, but by me- the player- to share our role playing experiences through an important point in our characters lives.

This is a continuation of Knight's Fall: Episode I, Knight's Fall: Eve of Battle, Knight's Fall: Episode II and Knight's Fall Episode III. This is the last installment
Thanks for reading!

Post Script: Due to the length of time between the final draft and occurrence of events, the actual RP is a bit condensed and paraphrased to capture the events and stay true to the characters. But may *not* be word for word...
If any of the players involved feel misrepresented, please feel free to contact me via PM for resolution.

--------------

“I am glad all of you could be here this turn,” Cordelia gave a nod of greeting to those that had gathered in her receiving room.

The three junior knights stood central in the room as they had before. No more recovered than the last time they had met due to the relentless attacks from Balthazar and the Darkness that invaded every corner of the lands. Doyle, another adventurer and cleric, joined them as well as T’yandra Stallheart. Unlike the Iron Knights, Doyle took up a position off to the side of the group of three and T’yandra stood proudly behind Cordelia’s chair.

“I wouldn’t expect this will take long,” Macleon, as before, kept a superior stance in relation to the knights that still bore the signs of constant battle on their armor. He peered across his shoulder at Hojo, Raffe and Cody only briefly; never acknowledging the presence of either T’yandra or Doyle.

“Indeed.” Cordelia continued, turning her attention to Macleon, her tone cool and measured, “I have considered what you said and I agree that disobedience will not be tolerated. They should no longer be Iron Knights.”

Macleon’s sense of righteousness grew in the same instant that the air went out of the room for the three Iron Knights that stood in paralyzed silence. A small gesture from Cordelia, the raising of a single finger on her hand that rested on the arm of the chair, held them.

“In fact, it is my intent to remake the Order of Iron Knights in a fashion that will better serve the lands of Valorn as a whole.”

It was Macleon’s turn to stare in stark surprise.

“What they did was valiant, brave, extremely foolish and in the end, the exact right thing to do,” Cordelia continued as Macleon’s face grew shades of red. “The Iron Knights have served the High Kings and Queens of Valorn faithfully for a very long time. Their time, like the Golden Age, has passed. They will be disbanded and invited to join the new Iron Order, whose mission will not be limited by a single objective.”

“You cannot! I will not allow it!” Macleon found his voice and took a hasty, angry step toward Cordelia.

The guards at her side reacted as expected, with swords immediately drawn and it was only Raffe’s arm across Hojo’s midsection that stopped his charge toward Macleon at the sign of aggression.

Cordelia’s expression did not change, she was neither surprised nor frightened by the outburst, “Macleon, you are one of my oldest and most trusted mentors. You have served your oath dutifully, and I believe to the best of your ability. The Order I would form would benefit from your continued wisdom and loyalty.”

Macleon ground his teeth as he formulated his response, “You will outgrow him and regret every word of this!” He pointed an accusing finger directly at Hojo, “You are allowing for feelings for him to change what has been in place to protect the royal line for ages! This is a disgrace! I demand they be punished and if you are not strong enough to do it…”

“Macleon.” T’yandra interjected, “We have known each other for a long time, please see reason in what Cordelia is proposing.”

“Don’t speak me of reason, T’yandra. Not when you supported these children in their dangerous pursuits. You are as low as they are.” Macleon waved off T’yandra’s plea with a dismissive motion then returned his attention to Cordelia.

Cordelia stood from her seat then to address Macleon directly, “Do not speak of my feelings, Macleon. I have toiled with the gravity of my decision over these many turns since my return home. Blind obedience no longer best serves Valorn or the people that defend her. Punishing them for saving my life is not the reward they deserve.”

“Stop this childishness at once and act like the High Queen you were raised to be! Have your…” Macloen motioned toward Hojo again without looking toward the knight, “trysts as your father did. And when you come to your senses, the plans to continue the royal line…”

Macleon did not get to finish his sentence. He staggered from the force of the impact of Hojo’s helm against his armored ribcage.

Shut your filthy mouth!” Hojo shouted at Macleon and moved away from Raffe’s reasonable restraint toward the older, but still capable, Iron Knight.

“Stop this.” Cordelia did not have need to shout, as the natural authority carried in her voice halted both Hojo and Macleon’s actions before either of them escalated any farther. “Macleon, I am offering you a place among the Iron Order, if you choose to let go of this and swear a new oath. I make the same offer to all Iron Knights, as I will soon make the offer to others of differing professions.”

Macleon’s movements were deliberate with anger as he stripped the buckles of his breastplate and let his armor bearing the symbol of the Iron Knights drop to the ground with a resounding clatter, “You will regret this. All of you.” Without looking back, he stomped his way out of the receiving room for the last time.

Cordelia took her seat again as he left. Doyle had come to stand in the center of the room during the confrontation and T’yandra moved from behind Cordelia’s chair. The High Queen looked at the five in front of her, a sudden weariness in her bright blue eyes and weight upon her.

“I had hoped…” Cordelia's voice could not find the words to frame her disappointment.

“Cordelia, we are with you.” Cody stated quietly, taking a knee.

The others followed his lead, kneeling before the High Queen and reaffirming their allegiance to her and the new Iron Order.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Return to “Tales of Adventure”