Knight's Fall: Episode II Distortion of Truth

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Knight's Fall: Episode II Distortion of Truth

Postby Blythe » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:02 am

OOC Preface:

The following story is a historical tale. It is written as a story, but the events are true and accurate.
I only ask that the players understand that knowledge of these happenings is completely OOC unless they hear the tale directly from one of those involved - currently, the list of people who might have heard a detailed recount would be extremely short. I only mention this for new players - so that they may enjoy the stories as players and realize that characters will not automatically gain that knowledge. This, unlike other stories, is not 'posted in public' for characters enjoyment. It is not written by Raffe, but by me- the player- to share our role playing experiences through an important point in our characters lives.

This is a continuation of Knight's Fall: Episode I
Thanks for reading!

Post Script: Due to the length of time between the final draft and occurrence of events, the actual RP is a bit condensed and paraphrased to capture the events and stay true to the characters. But may *not* be word for word...
If any of the players involved feel misrepresented, please feel free to contact me via PM for resolution.

-------------

Knight’s Fall: Distortion of Truth

Raffe walked from the kitchen into the barracks where his brother knights sat at the edges of their perspective bunks, “All clear. No one around but Chef,” he gave Cody and Hojo, the other junior knights he shared sleeping space with, an affirmative nod.

Cody gave a crooked grin, motioning with a quick flick of his spiked hair toward the door that led to the center of Strifegorge Fortress, “I used your chest to block the door. Seemed full enough to slow anyone down.”

Raffe opened his mouth with a questioning look, but just laughed since technically he said to use the heaviest chest available to ensure their privacy.
Hojo, ever impatient and direct to business, unfurled several parchments across his bunk as Raffe took a seat close enough to see, “We don’t have long before the Senior Knights come back. Mathilde never takes long to gather her stocks.”

Cody and Raffe leaned from either side of Hojo to look over the battle plan the three had formulated over the last few turns since the kidnapping of High Queen Cordelia by the Darkness and Demon Lord Balthazar.
“The Scorpion,“ Hojo moved his hands over the formation laid out on the parchment, “Will use a pincer move to ensure our flanks are covered. Have we briefed all the assault commanders?”

Raffe nodded in response, “They all seem clear on the expectations and the teams have been assigned. It should reduce some of the confusion during the search.”

Cody shifted uncomfortably in his position, “Do you… um think anyone suspects that officially the Iron Knights aren’t supporting this? I mean, I have had several questions about which, if any, senior knights might be joining us on the rescue.”

A brief silence followed as Raffe and Hojo exchanged looks, then Hojo answered, “Even without the full support of the Iron Knights; we are the knights they know. We have not exactly lied. In time, we will reveal that T’yandra and Azeraphel are helping us. But for what they are risking, we need everyone to trust that we will succeed.”

“T’yandra is going against the wishes of Branishor, the same way we are going against Macleon. I can only imagine that the Council of Mages did not know what the Archmage is up to either; but with that guy,” Raffe added with a shrug, “Everything is a riddle. Except the assurance from T’yandra that he will get us into the Fortress.”

Cody seemed satisfied, leaning back in his customarily lax manner with his hands clasped behind his head, “It is a lot of trust we are asking, for as little information as we are giving everyone. I get why. We don’t need any demon spies to know exactly how we plan on rescuing her or what help we are getting. I just don’t like the idea of people thinking we are deceiving them. It seems to counteract the trust we are asking for.”

“It is necessary,” Hojo responded, short and curt; which just made Cody close his eyes.

“Listen, Brother…,” Raffe looked from Hojo to Cody, “We aren’t telling them anything untrue. We just aren’t revealing all of our advantages just yet… or disadvantages with the rest of the Iron Knights sitting this one out. Honestly, I am more afraid that Macleon will get wind of what we are up to and lock us in a dark cell before we can pull this off…”

“He will have to kill me first,” Hojo added with a growl.

“Or grab you in your sleep,” Cody added, grinning at the thought with an attempt to inject some levity back into the conversation, “Pillows and all.”

Hojo’s response was another unintelligible growl and Raffe, recognizing the uncomfortable thought of failure and punishment, redirected the conversation back to reviewing their plans, “Let’s just make sure we have everything we need to get this done in the next few turns before any of that happens. Pillows and all…”

As if on cue, the door from the center of the Fortress bumped against the chest that was blocking the way. Cody sprang to his feet to rush to the door as Hojo curled up the parchments and began packing them away quickly.

“Just a bit of spring cleaning going on. Give me a split marc…” Cody called out as he approached the door.

Raffe leaned in toward Hojo, lowering his voice so that Cody would not overhear them over his extended exertions in moving the chest as slowly as possible, “Remember, if it goes wrong… “

“Cody was just following orders. And like the other adventurers, didn’t know that we distorted the truth.” Hojo finished for Raffe.

“Let’s just hope he can live with that.”

“He will have to. One of us will need to continue the efforts if we don’t succeed the first time.”

“When do we tell him?”

“Like everyone else, brother. When we have to.”

Hojo and Raffe separated and went about tucking in the covers of their bunks just as Cody finally cleared the door for Mathilde to enter the barracks with Xormien following close behind with their arms full of supplies.
Last edited by Blythe on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Re: Knight's Fall: Episode II Distortion of Truth

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:18 am

OOC: I'm so glad you picked this back up. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”