Fleeing from Balthazar rather than Fighting

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Eldrin Ivanshine
Social Leech

Fleeing from Balthazar rather than Fighting

Postby Eldrin Ivanshine » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:56 pm

"So there I was, trapped in the tomb surrounded by villains when I heard a wailing from the town crier. 'Twas the clear words that Milltown was under attack, so naturally I rushed there as quick as I could. However, when I stepped out of the gates I was shocked and afraid, every bit of courage had just drained from me the moment I set my ruby eyes on this monster. 'Twas The Demon Lord Balthazar and a centurion, out for the kill. I should have stood and fought him, but I went against everything I said I would do. I thought that I would be more help alive, taking care of the demons. I still think this was a mistake... Balthazar saw myself retreat, which gave him the idea that Valorn was full of cowardice. This saddened me... once I thought about it after the battle, so I tracked him down but could not find him. Should I have fought him? The question still plagues me!" Eldrin slowly finished his speech, a group of young initiates were surrounding him, listening in on his tale.

"However I like to believe I fought well, which is the only thing I have to hold on to! My rapier stabbed and fought against Balthazar's demon soldiers. I think I killed at least ten before the raid was over, though I would have liked to kill more. The swift movements of my rapier are the last thing many of those demons witnessed before their cruel lives were cut short.... but I still wonder if I had done the right thing. I do doubt that I did..."

Eldrin sighed as he thought about this moment. It had happened not long ago, but the hatred towards Balthazar grew every time he thought about it. One day you will have you chance is what the Death Lord had told him. However, Eldrin wanted his chance sooner. He fled, something he would always regret. The dull simplicity of it all ached his spirit, he ran when he should have fought.
http://www.spoofpark.com/indiana/indy_bridge.jpg
Eldrin Ivanshine~Pirate Captain of Valorn~
Proud Enchanter of the RoK
Asliendor~Defender of Dundee, Apprenticeship sword to Elijah~

Eldrin Ivanshine
Social Leech

Postby Eldrin Ivanshine » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:56 pm

"However, I received my wish moments later! The cruel Balthazar sent me to his maze when I was already injured, and low on potions! That wouldn't falter me! I cut through demon hordes kicking, scratching, stabbing, slashing, fighting for the right to prove I was worthy to fight Balthazar himself! Yet in the end I fell to a demon stroke, I was not worthy to fight Balthazar? It couldn't be true! So I pleaded him to let me back in, I taunted him 'til a normal man wouldn't be able to stand up. Him and I went on the longest stream of childish rants I have ever seen! However, in the end he was still reluctant, but I found him in the tomb! He was fair for once in his terrible life, and let me fight him even though I died. However, him giving me what I wanted but one time could never change the future! Now you see me talking here, but I am not the same since that day! No longer will songs of joy and hope spread from my lips but those of sadness, cruelty, and the ever paining quest that everyone here is on to slay the Demon Lord. You may complain that some people wield legendary weapons or titles, but even if you have plain old equipment, you still are a key part of Valorn! I say not to give up to ye, and even if you face death against demons charge into it like you could be victorious all the same! I give you this piece of advice before I take on my own personal quest to become strong enough to slay any demon who walks this land..."

Eldrin Ivanshine took a sip of ale and then set a few gold coins on the table near Will the Barkeep. He stood up and nodded goodbye to everyone here, showing he had completed his tale. Lazily he received some pure MSG and sat at an empty table as everyone left. It would be another long, drunk, but painless night for him. After all, why think when you can drink your problems away?

OOC: XD
http://www.spoofpark.com/indiana/indy_bridge.jpg

Eldrin Ivanshine~Pirate Captain of Valorn~

Proud Enchanter of the RoK

Asliendor~Defender of Dundee, Apprenticeship sword to Elijah~

Return to “Tales of Adventure”